SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Who was your CO ?

I just got my visa granted today :):) I think I am the first of the March applicants, timelines are as follows;

Lodged 5th March

Meds + Certs 5th June

Granted 24th September

Just under 7 months :) Leaving beginning of October and so excited!

Edited by jamesfree

Hi all, i applied back in may 2013, all is going well, has anyone got VF as a case officer as she is mine and she replies back to me straight away with any quiries, but since my medical ive heard nothin off her for a couple of weeks now and ive e mailed her a couple of times. maybe she is on holiday?????????????????

andy

Hi all, i applied back in may 2013, all is going well, has anyone got VF as a case officer as she is mine and she replies back to me straight away with any quiries, but since my medical ive heard nothin off her for a couple of weeks now and ive e mailed her a couple of times. maybe she is on holiday?????????????????

andy

She probably doesn't have much to say, if you were asked to undertake the medical and that was clear then you've met the requirements for the visa and your file is just sat in the queue waiting to be finalised.

Hi All,

Just wanted to post to say that my Partner visa 309/100 has just been granted, with a processing time of 6 months and 2 weeks!

I am a UK citizen, my girlfriend is Australian (together 6 years, no kids), and lodged the application in London on 11/02/2013.

Case officer was assigned the following day (VF). I supplied the police & health checks in April.

I was advised by the case officer that the processing time is currently 8-9 months, so really pleased to have recieved it so quickly.

I hope this info is helpful.

Good luck with your applications.

Cheers.

Hi Chris, I've got Vf for my co, how long did it take after you had your medical? I had my over 2 weeks ago and still heard nothin, gettin bit worried, thanks,

andy.

Hi Chris, I've got Vf for my co, how long did it take after you had your medical? I had my over 2 weeks ago and still heard nothin, gettin bit worried, thanks,

andy.

You don't hear anything after you take your medical. If its been referred (about a 3 month wait on referrals atm) when someone looks at it you will be contacted if they require anything else but otherwise don't expect to hear regarding it.

If the payment has been taken then your application has been received and you will just be waiting for your CO to be allocated.

yeh my payment was taken like 4 months ago and i got a CO unfortunately as teaching in Thailand it was submitted in Thailand who then decided 4 months after to send it to London, so im wondering if London are going to confirm they have received it? or not :(

yeh my payment was taken like 4 months ago and i got a CO unfortunately as teaching in Thailand it was submitted in Thailand who then decided 4 months after to send it to London, so im wondering if London are going to confirm they have received it? or not :(

You will get an email telling you who your CO is and when to take the meds/get PCC done as I can see that you've had your medical done already. Even so, your CO should email you when you are allocated one. Have you still not heard anything whatsoever? I must admit, I do find that a bit odd. Has Thailand definitely already sent it over?

ETA - Don't forget that technically, your time starts from the time that your application is received, so you are already four months in.

Edited by MovingtoTasmania

You will get an email telling you who your CO is and when to take the meds/get PCC done as I can see that you've had your medical done already. Even so, your CO should email you when you are allocated one. Have you still not heard anything whatsoever? I must admit, I do find that a bit odd. Has Thailand definitely already sent it over?

ETA - Don't forget that technically, your time starts from the time that your application is received, so you are already four months in.

well Thailand has told me they sent it but to be honest, they prob havent. They have been completly hopeless and useless from the beginning.

Just fingers crossed it makes it to London, im worrying :(

Wait till requested. Medicals are linked to a HAP number these days and you need that before you can book. It's all done online and the number will be linked to your case.

Doing police checks in advance serves no purpose either. Only shortens the time you have to enter Aus after visa grant. Won't speed up the application in the least. Do wait for CO to request it.

hi snifter,

it's good you mentioned this as i had been intending on sending my police check along with my application next week, though, to be honest, as soon as i have my visa granted which i'm geussing will be may/june next year, me and my mrs will be off.

Feeling really disappointed :( After seeing some of the March applications being granted so soon, I had hoped that I would get some positive news regarding mine; I applied 14th March. The waiting has been driving me insane; I feel in total limbo and plus planning a wedding on top does not help! I got a response from my case officer today, simply saying that she would give me 28 days notice to book my flights to go offshore...but still no visa grant date! I thought applicants got 2 weeks notice...?Confused...so this now thinks my visa will take longer. I know I sound like a whinge but this process is so stressful and it doesn't help that I do a job which works with asylum seekers and their visas!!! Still hoping it will be soon...

Feeling really disappointed :( After seeing some of the March applications being granted so soon, I had hoped that I would get some positive news regarding mine; I applied 14th March. The waiting has been driving me insane; I feel in total limbo and plus planning a wedding on top does not help! I got a response from my case officer today, simply saying that she would give me 28 days notice to book my flights to go offshore...but still no visa grant date! I thought applicants got 2 weeks notice...?Confused...so this now thinks my visa will take longer. I know I sound like a whinge but this process is so stressful and it doesn't help that I do a job which works with asylum seekers and their visas!!! Still hoping it will be soon...

Stressing about it won't help matters, it won't speed things along. Better off just taking it for what it is and wait it out.

You are still not even at the 7 month mark yet. They give the processing time as 8-9 months for off shore applications, on shore 13 months plus. Work to that and don't hope or waste away wondering if it will come sooner is all I can say. It really doesn't help anything. If, if it gets granted sooner, great, but you knew going in what the expected wait time was so I don't see any need to stress about it further. It sounds to me like it won't be long and it will be granted if they are saying about notice to go off shore at some point so its not worth worrying about more. It is what it is and you will get your visa in the not too distant future :)

13 month wait for me...depressing hah, but i should have rights to work...well I hope! It'd be weird getting a temp visa after a year and then a year later getting the permanent visa instead of waiting 2 years (as they say its 2 years from date of lodgement)

You'll go onto a bridging visa with work rights afaik. Least that is what it says on the immi website.

TBH once your application is in you can just get on and live life over there. Work, carry on as usual till grant.

Just found out that my visa (309) has been granted!!!!!!

Applied 3 March so 7 months to the day!!!

Thanks to all those who gave advice and your right it is a rather s**tty waiting game but it will come through. And for hopefully a fair few of us a lot earlier than expected!

All in the nick of time as well as I fly out on Thursday!

Good luck everyone