SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Am I right in saying grants happen at the start of the week (mon/tues) ? Seems to be the case from following this thread.

Mine was granted on a Tuesday fwiw.

I don't try to second guess them. It is what it is, don't try to over think it, only serves to do your nut in a bit.

At 2.41pm I received my visa subclass 100! (CO LG) - great timing as we are flying to Perth Tuesday - it also cheered me up as my grandmother died this morning! What timing! What a roller-coaster of emotions!

Congratulations Pointyhats, perfect timing for you, mine was lodged the same day as you, I'm not jealous at all that yours has been granted and mine hasn't :daydreaming:

Thank you!

Although you 'should' work to the given time frame of 8/9 months I wouldn't be surprised if you got yours soon. Technically (8/9 months timeframe) means that it should be granted within the next 66 days! This kind of silly calculations kept me going! Best of luck and keep us updated! X

At 2.41pm I received my visa subclass 100! (CO LG) - great timing as we are flying to Perth Tuesday - it also cheered me up as my grandmother died this morning! What timing! What a roller-coaster of emotions!

Congrats! Go LG! Did you email her in the end? What a relief for you :)

Wow, post #6715 seems such a while ago now but I'm happy to say that earlier yesterday afternoon I got a surprise email from CO (LG) with my Visa Grant Notice!!!! Can't even begin to explain the feeling! Thanks to all those on here who have helped with info (in the past and in to the future) and Good Luck to those of you waiting, don't worry it'll come! :cool:

any one else submit their visa in a country in which they are not a resident? get a case officer, have medicals requested etc then 3 months down the line get told : you not a resident of this country so we are now sending you application to london

???

still fuming

any one else submit their visa in a country in which they are not a resident? get a case officer, have medicals requested etc then 3 months down the line get told : you not a resident of this country so we are now sending you application to london

???

still fuming

I can completely sympathise with you. Any chance that your waiting time will be carried forward for you though?

I can completely sympathise with you. Any chance that your waiting time will be carried forward for you though?

did this happen to you?

im not sure, i did ask but all i have been told is that my application is being sent to London on Friday (just gone) and it could take up to 2 weeks to arrive there

im just praying im not put to the back of the pile

also an acknowledgement that London has received it would also be great but again, i have no information

Hi snj87 My partner(English) applied for his visa in New Zealand. It was processed there in Auckland. We were told it would take 12 months to be processed but it only took 3 and was granted while we were both in Indonesia on holiday. This was great news but caused problems as we weren't ready for it.What country did you originally apply in? It might depend on what visa you are on in that country. Would be horrible to have to wait an extra 3 months.

Teaching in Bangkok so on a year work visa and applied in Bangkok

The annoying thing is, i applied through the VFS, i had to go to an office and she checked that i had everything etc and lodged it with her and paid her, surely she should of said something?

Although i dont actually believe you have to be a resident of Thailand to apply in Thailand, i kinda just think my case officer couldnt be bothered

Hello all, I undertook medical on 2nd September and as I have not heard anything from the docs I make the assumption all is ok and these have been passed straight on to High Commission. Did anyone receive a confirmation that these had been received? I am thinking about emailing SV to check everything has now been received including medical a but don't want to appear pestering! Any tips on how long I should leave it before checking this?

Thanks

Hello all, I undertook medical on 2nd September and as I have not heard anything from the docs I make the assumption all is ok and these have been passed straight on to High Commission. Did anyone receive a confirmation that these had been received? I am thinking about emailing SV to check everything has now been received including medical a but don't want to appear pestering! Any tips on how long I should leave it before checking this?

Thanks

You won't hear from the panel doctor or your CO re your medical. This is normal. Its all done online and doesn't go to you. Even if its referred its a 3 month timeframe in referred medicals so you won't get anywhere. So long as things are ok medically, even if referred for review your visa should be granted within the time frame you have been given. Only if there is something of concern medically that will affect your visa application will you hear anything. You may be asked to take tests again or provide more evidence then. Was there something of concern for you during your medical? Or an ongoing medical condition? If not, don't worry about it, just sit tight.

You won't hear from the panel doctor or your CO re your medical. This is normal. Its all done online and doesn't go to you. Even if its referred its a 3 month timeframe in referred medicals so you won't get anywhere. So long as things are ok medically, even if referred for review your visa should be granted within the time frame you have been given. Only if there is something of concern medically that will affect your visa application will you hear anything. You may be asked to take tests again or provide more evidence then. Was there something of concern for you during your medical? Or an ongoing medical condition? If not, don't worry about it, just sit tight.

Thanks for your response, that is what I thought would be the case! No nothing medical to worry about just heard horror stories from other people that documents were either never received by CO or were overlooked and therefore thought a follow up to confirm would be sensible to put mind at rest! Otherwise yes just looking forward to the waiting as have a few more months to wait yet!!!

did this happen to you?

im not sure, i did ask but all i have been told is that my application is being sent to London on Friday (just gone) and it could take up to 2 weeks to arrive there

im just praying im not put to the back of the pile

also an acknowledgement that London has received it would also be great but again, i have no information

It didn't/hasn't happened to me (I have dual nationality anyway) but it's been stressful just trying to apply for my new Aus passport so that my hubby can apply for his spouse visa, so I can well imagine the frustration you are going through x