SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi Lucyh88, I applied at pretty much the same time as you. I plan to go over on a tourist visa also. I went through an agent because it was easier for me. She said it not a prob to go over on a tourist visa as long as they know, I have been told that I should go on a 626 visa ( I think it that one, cant remember off the top of my head) She never mentioned the evisa thing or the free one, how do you apply for that?

Thanks

Becky

Hey Becky. My CO said it was fine to go on a tourist visa but didn't specify which one. Previously I've been on the ETA (601) and just bought it from the cheapest site. It seems this e-tourist visa was launched in March 2013 so I wasn't aware it was a different one either. GeorgeD sent me the link for it earlier and you can apply for that one free from DIAC: http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/visitor/651/

The site also shows the other tourist options: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/visa-options.htm

You can apply on the first link, I'm going to give it a go now!

Cheers, Lucy

Hi all,

I am considering going over on a tourist visa in December/January, will be over 4 months into my processing time so I would hope that my visa would be granted within the 3 months I will be on the tourist one, but it's cutting it a bit fine. Has anyone applied for the WHV or longer tourist visas as a precaution?

Hi all,

I am considering going over on a tourist visa in December/January, will be over 4 months into my processing time so I would hope that my visa would be granted within the 3 months I will be on the tourist one, but it's cutting it a bit fine. Has anyone applied for the WHV or longer tourist visas as a precaution?

You are cutting it fine, especially as the given wait time is 8-9 months. I'd not go over on a 3 month tourist visa 4 months after application. There is a reason they say 8-9 months timeframe and I always say work to that and don't bank on it getting granted sooner, but if it does its a bonus. So, if you plan to head to Aus, be realistic and go out in the time frame closer to grant (unless you can afford to go offshore more than once or are given a longer stay on a different visa and can afford to not be working etc and go offshore for grant for 3 working days at a later date).

Guest ChrisC

Hi All,

Just wanted to post to say that my Partner visa 309/100 has just been granted, with a processing time of 6 months and 2 weeks!

I am a UK citizen, my girlfriend is Australian (together 6 years, no kids), and lodged the application in London on 11/02/2013.

Case officer was assigned the following day (VF). I supplied the police & health checks in April.

I was advised by the case officer that the processing time is currently 8-9 months, so really pleased to have recieved it so quickly.

I hope this info is helpful.

Good luck with your applications.

Cheers.

So I could go on Working Holiday Visa? I doubt I will be getting a fast grant, I've not even been assigned a CO yet :(

So long as its not a problem for whatever visa you are currently applying for, sure. I don't know the ins and outs of a PM visa tbh. You defo have to be off shore for grant though.

Sit tight and wait till you get a CO assigned and see when you are asked to take your medical and police check and once that is out the way and nothing further is required, run your plan past your CO. So long as they are happy with things and know where to find you it should be ok afaik.

Hi guys,

We applied for 309 to London on 8/8. I haven't had any acknowledgement from a CO yet? is this normal.. 2-3 Weeks? Will they email the 'applicant'? - if so should be keep an eye on our junk mail?

THanks,

Hi Amo

Just curious but I applied on 7/8 but not heard yet. Are you still waiting for any response? No idea if money taken as used credit card and statement not in yet. Could call credit card company to find out but won't bother if this is typical.

Guest GeorgeD
So I could go on Working Holiday Visa? I doubt I will be getting a fast grant, I've not even been assigned a CO yet :(

If you are eligible for the WHV, I'd use this one...it means you have work rights (with a few small restrictions such as no more than 6 months with a single employer, etc) If you don't intend working at any time, then the tourist visas are appropriate.

Does it matter what CO you have? Is there a difference between them? Just curious, mine is WP, anyone else got this one?

I do wonder if it matters who your CO is. Can they hold back your visa grant?

Perhaps it's just that some are quicker than others? It does seem odd that some people get theirs really quick, whilst others have to chase the CO to see what's going on. Or perhaps it may depend on the length of time that the couple have been together and the amount of evidence sent in?

Who knows is what I think. The time together or evidence matters not a jot I reckon. So long as you submit the required proof and so on us what they look for.

I had a CO no one else seems to have mentioned on this thread and was granted at about 7 months in.

My take on it is they pushed some applications from the start if the year through earlier as there was an influx before the most recent price increase. But I don't *know* that, only a guess.

Doesn't seem to be any logic to the differences seen. You have the same CO as me so I'm interested to see when your grant is. I updated her on my flight date yesterday and got an out of office from 9th aug to 2nd sept!

Who knows is what I think. The time together or evidence matters not a jot I reckon. So long as you submit the required proof and so on us what they look for.

I had a CO no one else seems to have mentioned on this thread and was granted at about 7 months in.

My take on it is they pushed some applications from the start if the year through earlier as there was an influx before the most recent price increase. But I don't *know* that, only a guess.

Doesn't seem to be any logic to the differences seen. You have the same CO as me so I'm interested to see when your grant is. I updated her on my flight date yesterday and got an out of office from 9th aug to 2nd sept!

You have LG?

I have never seen my CO name on here, most people seem to have filled out al their forms themselves.... as you know I went through an agent, I wonder if that makes a difference, I am sure that I have to go through the agent rather than contact my CO direct..... it can be very confusing..... I need to get a tourist visa, contacted my agent she said to go on a visa that no longer available, should I contact my CO direct about it? I just dont know

Guest ChrisC
Congrats ChrisC. That's a decent processing time, seems to have slowed down a bit now though. When do you plan to go? :)

Hi Bensgirl

We're leaving the UK in 3 weeks, stopping off in Bali on the way, then arriving in Melbourne on the 9th of October. Looking forward to it!

Cheers.

I have never seen my CO name on here, most people seem to have filled out al their forms themselves.... as you know I went through an agent, I wonder if that makes a difference, I am sure that I have to go through the agent rather than contact my CO direct..... it can be very confusing..... I need to get a tourist visa, contacted my agent she said to go on a visa that no longer available, should I contact my CO direct about it? I just dont know

I have never mentioned my CO initials so perhaps we have the same one.

I think you are over thinking it re tourist visa. The visa your agent said to get has simply been replaced with a new one. Chances are your agent doesn't deal much with tourist visas and perhaps didn't know the new one had replaced the old. It only happened recently.

If you go through an agent you should let them contact your CO was what I thought. If so, use them and do this. Informing your agent to inform your CO about your plans for a tourist visa seems fine to me. Just apply for the same one we all applied for, links are up further in the thread.