SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

if u have the energy search this thread I cut and paste the email we got a while ago. prob oct 2013. we asked for clarification on account of girlfriend job. she had a resignation window which was before the nine months so we needed to know it would be granted and she wasnr resiging for no reason

if u have the energy search this thread I cut and paste the email we got a while ago. prob oct 2013. we asked for clarification on account of girlfriend job. she had a resignation window which was before the nine months so we needed to know it would be granted and she wasnr resiging for no reason

See, this is where they state clearly advising things like not to sell house, quit job and stuff before visa is granted etc. I remember the CO blurb after I lodged went over all that stuff. Of course, plenty of people ignore it or overlook it but they are clear about it and advise to not jump the gun ahead of visa grant.

Thanks Snifter, I knew I had ages to go yet, I read a few posts on here and it looked like people had received their decision and were waiting for the visa to be issued. I was just wondering. Thank you for your reply

Becky

I got the following 4 months into the process:

"Thank you for your message and please note all requirements have been met and your visa will be granted around 8 to 9 months after the lodgement date."

I haven't heard of them making the decision right at the end of the process - If they have enough evidence I think they know then that you have got it, but have to wait as there are only a certain amount of grants allowed at once...

Guest GeorgeD
I got the following 4 months into the process:

"Thank you for your message and please note all requirements have been met and your visa will be granted around 8 to 9 months after the lodgement date."

I haven't heard of them making the decision right at the end of the process - If they have enough evidence I think they know then that you have got it, but have to wait as there are only a certain amount of grants allowed at once...

This comment from DIAC is very common. Basically it is saying "You've given us everything we need. You are going to get your visa. No, we don't need anything else, thanks. Sit tight, and you'll get a visa right when we originally said you would...8-9 months after you applied."

The thing that took me the longest to get my head round about the whole process was that the processing time has very little to do with actually how much time is spent looking at your applicaiton. A well put together application with plenty of evidence will probably only be looked at for a few hours. And it will still take 8-9 months...because that is the time DIAC have decided it is going to take due to staffing levels, the number of visas they want to approve in this category each year, etc.

If you get told by DIAC you have met the requreiments, sit back and relax. You ARE getting a visa. And you'll get it when you have waited the 'statutory waiting period' that they make up every now and again.

I'm not saying it isn't frustrating when you are sittign there knowing they have already decided you meet the requirements. I'm not saying it isn't fair. I'm also not saying it makes any sense whatsoever...and yet...that's how it works in the world of DIAC.

If the CO asks you to produce medical results and a police certificate, you can be assured that you have met all the other visa conditions. DIAC is kind enough to not ask you to go to additional expense and then reject you for something else.

This comment from DIAC is very common. Basically it is saying "You've given us everything we need. You are going to get your visa. No, we don't need anything else, thanks. Sit tight, and you'll get a visa right when we originally said you would...8-9 months after you applied."

The thing that took me the longest to get my head round about the whole process was that the processing time has very little to do with actually how much time is spent looking at your applicaiton. A well put together application with plenty of evidence will probably only be looked at for a few hours. And it will still take 8-9 months...because that is the time DIAC have decided it is going to take due to staffing levels, the number of visas they want to approve in this category each year, etc.

If you get told by DIAC you have met the requreiments, sit back and relax. You ARE getting a visa. And you'll get it when you have waited the 'statutory waiting period' that they make up every now and again.

I'm not saying it isn't frustrating when you are sittign there knowing they have already decided you meet the requirements. I'm not saying it isn't fair. I'm also not saying it makes any sense whatsoever...and yet...that's how it works in the world of DIAC.[/quote

I was on the ball with my application and got it all done as soon as they asked for it. My agent told me that it is sitting in a pile and they wont look at it until they ready, aparently they like to keep to their strick time frame, and while it would seem mad, as you say they are limited to a certain number of people to grant visas too. The waiting is ok, just have to accept that it will happen when it happens...... my oh already has his visa so if push comes to shove and we ready to go I can go over on a tourist visa.......

Hi guys,

We applied for 309 to London on 8/8. I haven't had any acknowledgement from a CO yet? is this normal.. 2-3 Weeks? Will they email the 'applicant'? - if so should be keep an eye on our junk mail?

THanks,

Hi Everyone

We are just about to lodge our spouse visa application. My husband has just been given his notice after 20 years working for the same company he will be made redundant in November. We have been made an offer on our house after 2 days on the market and my house in Australia lease runs out all within a few weeks. It is the perfect time to move with our 3 children under 3. The only issue we have is now is the visa takes 8-9 months. I can work but I would have to work 3 jobs to earn the same as my husband and I am breastfeeding (I don't want to give this up).

I have phoned the consulate and they say sometimes under special circumstances applications can be moved ahead, but it is very very rare. Has anyone heard of this and have any knowledge of the process and do we qualify? The woman didn't know as she is not a CO. I am frightened of what this will mean for our family if we have to wait the 9 months.

Thank you :-)

Hi guys,

We applied for 309 to London on 8/8. I haven't had any acknowledgement from a CO yet? is this normal.. 2-3 Weeks? Will they email the 'applicant'? - if so should be keep an eye on our junk mail?

THanks,

Amo,

Apparently there's a backlog of applications as people were trying to beat the 1st July deadline when the fees went up. 2-3weeks of waiting for a CO at this point is likely. If you gave consent to correspond electronically then yes they will email you. I doubt it will go to junk mail as it is coming from a government department. It will depend on your settings on your email account. I'd give them a bell in a month if you've heard nothing.

Good luck

Good luck.

YYYAAAAYYYY!!!!

309 Granted 5 mins ago!

We had some hiccups this week! My CO (DP) has left on indefinate leave with no return date or a referal address so we were worried that our visa would end up being granted at the 9 month...ONE PROBLEM THO... the criminal check (2nd one issued after the request of DP) was about to expire in a few weeks! We emailed another case officer ysday explained the sitution and today we recieved the grant from her! If Im not mistaken we hit he 7 mark!!!

To anyone who already has a visa, do you guys know how we present the visa at the airport? do we just print the letter off and keep it with me till we get to the boarder check? Also must I inform the airline company at all in advance?

Hope all the Jan appliers get good news soon!

Fab news. Congratulations! All the best for your new adventure :)

To those of you who have or intend to go over to australia early on an e-tourist visa...did you have to do anything special when you applied like flag the fact you are in the process of applying for a partner visa or is that automatically recognised? As I know there are many places you can apply for the visa from at various costs.

Thanks!

Nope, just got an evisa and walked through Immigration. Got my depart letter about a month and a half later (Feb applicant), flying out to validate in a few days time.

Great, thanks. It'll have been just over 8 months by the time I go so hopefully won't need it anyway but suppose I'll have to get it anyway. Ah well what's another £10 on top of it all! Fab news for you, that must be such a relief.

Guest GeorgeD
To those of you who have or intend to go over to australia early on an e-tourist visa...did you have to do anything special when you applied like flag the fact you are in the process of applying for a partner visa or is that automatically recognised? As I know there are many places you can apply for the visa from at various costs.

Thanks!

If you mean the e-Visitor Visa, then no, you don't need to mention your spouse visa application. In fact, there is nowhere for you to mention it. In that respect it is therefore irrelevant...You should have an appropriate visa for the purpose of your trip. If you intend entering Oz for tourist purposes, then an e-Visitor visa is appropriate.

Incidentally, the e-Visitor is free. You can apply directly through DIAC and not pay any fee. Some agents and others (travel agents for example!) charge a fee to process the visa. Basically they ask you all the info DIAC ask you and then enter it (probably on the same website!) on your behalf. They charge a small fee for this service, such as $20. This isn't illegal and they aren't ripping you off. It's your choice how you apply, you can do it through them and pay for it, or you can do it for free directly with DIAC. http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/visitor/651/

Guest Joe Hall

Hi Poms,

I just had the medical this morning over in Knightsbridge, London. All went very smoothly as far as I could tell, was in and out in around 20 minutes. Now I thought that this was pretty quick so just wanted to check if that's normal or not, seems like a fair chunk of cash for a 15 minute check up. Anyone else had the medical part done this quickly?

Thanks

If you mean the e-Visitor Visa, then no, you don't need to mention your spouse visa application. In fact, there is nowhere for you to mention it. In that respect it is therefore irrelevant...You should have an appropriate visa for the purpose of your trip. If you intend entering Oz for tourist purposes, then an e-Visitor visa is appropriate.

Incidentally, the e-Visitor is free. You can apply directly through DIAC and not pay any fee. Some agents and others (travel agents for example!) charge a fee to process the visa. Basically they ask you all the info DIAC ask you and then enter it (probably on the same website!) on your behalf. They charge a small fee for this service, such as $20. This isn't illegal and they aren't ripping you off. It's your choice how you apply, you can do it through them and pay for it, or you can do it for free directly with DIAC. http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/visitor/651/

Yes, if my partner visa has not been granted I will essentially be holidaying until I can go offshore for the grant. Oh that's great, I think I was getting mixed up with the ETA I have previously been on - saw that had a $20 fee through DIAC and cheaper elsewhere. This evistor is new since my last visit. Thanks very much for the info, I will definitely be heading for the free one!

YYYAAAAYYYY!!!!

309 Granted 5 mins ago!

We had some hiccups this week! My CO (DP) has left on indefinate leave with no return date or a referal address so we were worried that our visa would end up being granted at the 9 month...ONE PROBLEM THO... the criminal check (2nd one issued after the request of DP) was about to expire in a few weeks! We emailed another case officer ysday explained the sitution and today we recieved the grant from her! If Im not mistaken we hit he 7 mark!!!

To anyone who already has a visa, do you guys know how we present the visa at the airport? do we just print the letter off and keep it with me till we get to the boarder check? Also must I inform the airline company at all in advance?

Hope all the Jan appliers get good news soon!

Congrats.

You should have all the info explaining about the visa in your visa grant letter.

Its all electronic now and so no actual paper visa. The airlines etc can see when they scan your passport what visa you are on etc. Don't worry about it.

And no, you don't need to inform the airline. As said above, its all there for them to see on their computer screens.

Hi Poms,

I just had the medical this morning over in Knightsbridge, London. All went very smoothly as far as I could tell, was in and out in around 20 minutes. Now I thought that this was pretty quick so just wanted to check if that's normal or not, seems like a fair chunk of cash for a 15 minute check up. Anyone else had the medical part done this quickly?

Thanks

My actual medical took about that long, maybe 5 minutes more. Chest X ray, bloods and urine made it all a bit longer over all.

Yes, if my partner visa has not been granted I will essentially be holidaying until I can go offshore for the grant. Oh that's great, I think I was getting mixed up with the ETA I have previously been on - saw that had a $20 fee through DIAC and cheaper elsewhere. This evistor is new since my last visit. Thanks very much for the info, I will definitely be heading for the free one!

You must inform your CO you intend to travel to Aus before visa grant and will be doing so on a tourist visa. Don't go without letting them know as you must be offshore at grant time and they need to know you will be in Aus so as to arrange with you to go offshore for 3 working days for your visa to be granted.

You must inform your CO you intend to travel to Aus before visa grant and will be doing so on a tourist visa. Don't go without letting them know as you must be offshore at grant time and they need to know you will be in Aus so as to arrange with you to go offshore for 3 working days for your visa to be granted.

Yeah I've already discussed all that bit with my CO.

Hi Poms,

Thanks

I think the medical went for about 40minutes when you include the x-ray and other tests. Each appointment would be different considering we all have different medical histories.

Yeah I've already discussed all that bit with my CO.

Hi Lucyh88, I applied at pretty much the same time as you. I plan to go over on a tourist visa also. I went through an agent because it was easier for me. She said it not a prob to go over on a tourist visa as long as they know, I have been told that I should go on a 626 visa ( I think it that one, cant remember off the top of my head) She never mentioned the evisa thing or the free one, how do you apply for that?

Thanks

Becky