SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Nice! So there's hope for us! We're leaving September 10th on a tourist visa having applied beginning of February (3rd)!! Where are you in Oz?

Thanks very much Snifter and Happy Little Vegemite for your very helpful answers to my earlier post. This is such a nice and helpful forum! Spoke to Australia house today and they said they received a high number of Partner Visa applications in July which is why it is taking a little longer than usual to assign me a case officer - just thought I'd share this in case any other July applicants are in the same boat and were worried about the radio silence after submitting their application. Congrats on your news Sims101 and good luck to all those hoping to hear news soon!

Thanks very much Snifter and Happy Little Vegemite for your very helpful answers to my earlier post. This is such a nice and helpful forum! Spoke to Australia house today and they said they received a high number of Partner Visa applications in July which is why it is taking a little longer than usual to assign me a case officer - just thought I'd share this in case any other July applicants are in the same boat and were worried about the radio silence after submitting their application. Congrats on your news Sims101 and good luck to all those hoping to hear news soon!

Don't worry about the CO aspect. TBH there isn't any mad rush for anything and your application kicks in from when it they sign for it so you know its in and there waiting. You've got months till medical and police check needs to be done. And if any further info is required you'll still have the usual X amount of days to provide them with it and all that.

Hello,

first time poster however I have been reading the forums for a while. This is an update on my case incase it helps.

lodged in the first week of jan 2013. Medical mid April and granted the end of July. So more or less 8 months. My partner is from Australia and we had no set backs or problems. We got a quote time of 7 to 9 months.

I'm in Brisbane at the mo but we're moving to Mooloolaba in two weeks time. I sent KP an email asking if there was any way he could give me notice as to when I would get my visa so I could plan my flights, the next day he replied saying he was ready to grant it :-)

Edited by Sims101

So you didn't have any problem with a one way air fare? I am taking all my papers and LG's email so that if any questions asked I can explain, I will also have a credit card just in case!! :-)

Apparently it's not a requirement on the tourist visa have a return ticket. But if you can show evidence that you have enough funds eg bank statement to purchase a ticket out of Aus it should not be a problem. We've spoken Australia House and have had confirmation that it is correct.

I'm in Brisbane at the mo but we're moving to Mooloolaba in two weeks time. I sent KP an email asking if there was any way he could give me notice as to when I would get my visa so I could plan my flights, the next day he replied saying he was ready to grant it :-)

I love Moolooolaba,spent New years eve there.:wub:

My partner visa has been granted today! Got the 100 subclass as expected (together about 10 years, married for 6 years, have a child together).

Chuffed:jiggy:

Timeline for it for those that are curious -

* Application lodged - Jan 21 2013 - Couple of minor pieces of evidence requested shortly after and I provided them without any problems.

* Medical taken - April 25 2013 - Referred afterwards (was told about a 3 month referral timeframe). Medical had been given an A grade rating so was not unduly worried.

* Police check - Early April 2013 - All good.

* Visa grant - July 30 2013

We were already booked on a flight out to Aus for the start of October so this makes life a bit easier.

WOW!!! Congrats! I am so happy for you! I hope the next step in your move turns out exactly how you guys imagined! Best of luck

ps we lodged the exact same day as you so hopefully we will be expecting good news soon! We will email our CO this week just to see how things are going (last email we sent was 3.5 months ago!

xxx

WOW!!! Congrats! I am so happy for you! I hope the next step in your move turns out exactly how you guys imagined! Best of luck

ps we lodged the exact same day as you so hopefully we will be expecting good news soon! We will email our CO this week just to see how things are going (last email we sent was 3.5 months ago!

xxx

Hi Bluewaterz, let me know how it goes when you email DP as I have the same case officer as you. We applied on the 12th March so are looking to email him soon enough as well. Thanks :)

So you didn't have any problem with a one way air fare? I am taking all my papers and LG's email so that if any questions asked I can explain, I will also have a credit card just in case!! :-)

Hey pointyhats - I see you have/had LG - I am gathering from your signature you got an approval in July?

No we're going on a tourist visa. Well, i am. Hubby and daughter have Aussie passport. LG said it was ok. We will wait the remaining days in Oz where hubby can work and little one can go to nursery.

All is in order we are just waiting for the visa grant. The wait is so annoying. Having your life in hold when you have just made the biggest decision in your life is unbearable. That's why we took 'control' and decided to wait in Perth. How far in your application are you?

Woo hoo! I got my request to leave for grant of visa today So relieved, and such a quick time frame too, only six and a half months, I am mega relieved as this has not been a smooth ride! You can see my stats at my signature, I've been in Aus a month on a tourist visa, medical was referred due to high BMI, but here I am! Now to plan a little trip to Bali or NZ!