SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

We received my partner's visa yesterday, about a month earlier than expected! we were originally given the 8-9 month time frame when we applied in November so we weren't expecting it til mid-July. Also an added surprise, she granted us the 100! We've been together 4 years and aren't married or anything so I wasn't really expecting to get that at all! Our CO was RE and the only contact we had with her the entire time was her first email to say she received our application and when to have the medicals/police checks done. Will be booking flights today!

Congratulations:biggrin: Hope all goes well for you all.

Has anyone else been granted recently and if so, when did you apply? I keep seeing people getting granted early :)

You can check the speadsheet as people would update that if they are on it (I'm not).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE#gid=0

The current wait time is 8-9 months. Yes some are getting them a bit earlier atm but don't take that as being the norm or that the wait time has shortened. It has not. I spoke to my CO the other day and they were quite clear the wait time is the given one at time of application (8-9 months said) and to work to that still.

Don't expect your application to be granted earlier than the timeframe given, but if it does, fab for you (and anyone else who this happens to).

Hi Friends,

I am applying for My Spouse PR next week from India (309/100). I am ready with the following Forms and documents.

Please let me know if any additional Forms needed. Can I apply for a tourist Visa for her immediately after the Spouse application is submitted?

- Forms: 40sp, 47sp, 1221, 80, 2*888

- Doccuments from me: Statutory Declaration, Affidavit from myself and my parents, JP of Employment proof, Tax assessment, Passport copy, 2 passport photos.

- Documents from Spouse: Statutory declaration, Affidavit from spouse and her parents, Marriage cert, Marriage and reception proof, 4*passport size photos, Notory of Passport and Birth certificate, cover letter.

Please let me know if I am good to lodge the application or need any additional forms/Letters?

Thanks,

Raghu

We heard recently we had met all requirements and our visa would be granted 8-9 after lodgement! We lodged in February... very happy :biggrin:

Hi N1ck, Thats brilliant news! Did you contact your CO or did they contact you? Who is your CO as well if you dont mind me asking? We are Feb applicants too :)

Hi Friends,

I am applying for My Spouse PR next week from India (309/100). I am ready with the following Forms and documents.

Please let me know if any additional Forms needed. Can I apply for a tourist Visa for her immediately after the Spouse application is submitted?

- Forms: 40sp, 47sp, 1221, 80, 2*888

- Doccuments from me: Statutory Declaration, Affidavit from myself and my parents, JP of Employment proof, Tax assessment, Passport copy, 2 passport photos.

- Documents from Spouse: Statutory declaration, Affidavit from spouse and her parents, Marriage cert, Marriage and reception proof, 4*passport size photos, Notory of Passport and Birth certificate, cover letter.

Please let me know if I am good to lodge the application or need any additional forms/Letters?

Thanks,

Raghu

I don't know how it works from India re medicals and police checks and when you have to submit these.

I'd be wary of applying for a tourist visa too soon until you know they require no further information and it will be granted in due course but that is just me. I'd also clear it with your CO before applying for a tourist visa intending to travel to Aus as they need to know if you do this. Also tourist visas are limited time only and I am not sure how long applications take from India atm.

As for proof, I applied in the UK and included things like bills to one or the other or both of us, stuff to put us at the same address over the years since we married and so on.

We heard recently we had met all requirements and our visa would be granted 8-9 after lodgement! We lodged in February... very happy :biggrin:

That is great! Did you contact after meds? I did and just heard a very short response of they were fine and nothing further is required. Not sure if that can be taken as requirements are met as nothing explicit about a grant... That'd be such good news to get!

Hi fellow PIOs!

My partner and I have also jumped on the Oz visa bandwagon and applied for a 309 in early April. I am the sponsor and he is the lucky applicant. We included police certs in the initial application and only a few days later we had a case officer and were asked to do the medical - which I see is odd as most people are told to hold off for 3 months. Anyway, that's all done and now we are waiting our 8-9months processing time. We've had very little contact with the case officer and intend on keeping it that way. I'm heading home in August and he will follow over a few months later on a tourist/visitor visa so that he can be a man of leisure for a few months and enjoy that beautiful Aussie summer. Hopefully we are on track for the visa - if not we'll get through it and go back to the drawing board.

Anyway, enough about us. After all the collating of documents, reading that Booklet 1 over a thousand times and accessing the UK High Commission website like a stalker, I hope I can offer some help to those who need it on this website. God knows I've read enough to have my masters in immigration law!

Shall update our details on that communal document soon.

:hug:

Hi N1ck, Thats brilliant news! Did you contact your CO or did they contact you? Who is your CO as well if you dont mind me asking? We are Feb applicants too :)

I contacted the CO as I hadn't heard anything for a while after doing medicals. the CO is SV, she has been helpful so far!

Hi fellow PIOs!

My partner and I have also jumped on the Oz visa bandwagon and applied for a 309 in early April. I am the sponsor and he is the lucky applicant. We included police certs in the initial application and only a few days later we had a case officer and were asked to do the medical - which I see is odd as most people are told to hold off for 3 months. Anyway, that's all done and now we are waiting our 8-9months processing time. We've had very little contact with the case officer and intend on keeping it that way. I'm heading home in August and he will follow over a few months later on a tourist/visitor visa so that he can be a man of leisure for a few months and enjoy that beautiful Aussie summer. Hopefully we are on track for the visa - if not we'll get through it and go back to the drawing board.

Anyway, enough about us. After all the collating of documents, reading that Booklet 1 over a thousand times and accessing the UK High Commission website like a stalker, I hope I can offer some help to those who need it on this website. God knows I've read enough to have my masters in immigration law!

Hey, I applied in May with police checks front loaded, got asked for medicals with no 3 month wait either. Assume it's cos we already limited ourselves to an initial entry date of a year after the police check date so meds make no difference now. I was a bit keen and had my police checks ready mid march not expecting the whole thing to take quite so long. Ah well intend to go mid jan either way :) good luck to you!

Hey, I applied in May with police checks front loaded, got asked for medicals with no 3 month wait either. Assume it's cos we already limited ourselves to an initial entry date of a year after the police check date so meds make no difference now. I was a bit keen and had my police checks ready mid march not expecting the whole thing to take quite so long. Ah well intend to go mid jan either way :) good luck to you!

Same to you lucyh88 - all the best with your app. Ahhhh the police checks - now that explains it - thank you :)

Hi fellow PIOs!

Hello and welcome `;0

You've already done your police check so the countdown clock is already ticking, so holding off for your medical makes no difference now. Depending on when your visa is granted you'll only have 3 or so months to validate rather than 6 had you done medical and police check at around 3 months after application. They ask people to wait for CO to request medical and police checks for this reason.

You are cutting it very fine if your police check is dated in March and you didn't apply till May. So long as you are aware you'll have very little time to activate and can plan for that, all good :)

I contacted the CO as I hadn't heard anything for a while after doing medicals. the CO is SV, she has been helpful so far!

We have SV too! She has been helpful although I think she gets annoyed if we contact her too much so we have just left it. Perhaps we should give her a call to see if we can start making our plans while we wait for the grant :biggrin:

Hi N1ck, we have a similar story! I applied very beginning of March - I have handed in my medicals and police certs and enquired about my application and got the exact same response, word for word from same CO.

I am hoping it comes sooner as my partner has already flown out to Aus because of his Visa. It would be good to know if people who applied around the same time as us start getting approvals!

You are cutting it very fine if your police check is dated in March and you didn't apply till May. So long as you are aware you'll have very little time to activate and can plan for that, all good :)

Yeah flight is already booked for mid January - that'll be just over 8 months. If it isn't ready by then will go offshore for a few days when it's ready. CO said that would be fine. So fingers crossed it'll work out fine.

Reb6 I dont see your details on the spreadsheet, it would help us all if you updated this.The same for everyone else who is waiting. snifer has kindly provided the link several times. my partner has kindly filled my details out for me, if this is the case for you excellent. n1ck is your timeline on there?

We have SV too! She has been helpful although I think she gets annoyed if we contact her too much so we have just left it. Perhaps we should give her a call to see if we can start making our plans while we wait for the grant :biggrin:

I would email, not phone.

If you want to go to Aus before grant you need a tourist visa. Your CO will advise you the same as they do in their first letter, to not make plans but they can't stop you applying for a tourist visa. Just keep them in the loop.

Hi N1ck, we have a similar story! I applied very beginning of March - I have handed in my medicals and police certs and enquired about my application and got the exact same response, word for word from same CO.

I am hoping it comes sooner as my partner has already flown out to Aus because of his Visa. It would be good to know if people who applied around the same time as us start getting approvals!

There is a spreadsheet many in this thread use and have added themselves to. Perhaps if you've not done so you might want to? Its here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE#gid=0

Work on the 8-9 month timescale. Don't plan it will be granted sooner but if it is, bonus. Just don't bank on it even if someone else gets granted earlier. They are quite firm in telling you its 8-9 months so go out from that, not what people post on here.

I applied in Jan and have a lovely CO. They have still told me to work to the 8-9 month time frame but are happy I go over on a tourist visa before this if I wish to. But that obviously they are working to the 8-9 months specified.

I would email, not phone.

If you want to go to Aus before grant you need a tourist visa. Your CO will advise you the same as they do in their first letter, to not make plans but they can't stop you applying for a tourist visa. Just keep them in the loop.

Thanks for the advice Snifter. We don't want to go straight to Australia though, we want to go traveling for a couple of months first but are hesitant to resign from work and pack up our life without the ok from our CO. Just in case we don't end up getting the visa for any reason!

Guess we will send SV an email then outlining our plans and hope for the best!

Hello and welcome `;0

You've already done your police check so the countdown clock is already ticking, so holding off for your medical makes no difference now. Depending on when your visa is granted you'll only have 3 or so months to validate rather than 6 had you done medical and police check at around 3 months after application. They ask people to wait for CO to request medical and police checks for this reason.

Hi snifter,

Well there you go. I think due to the checklist having the police certs on it, we thought we had to include them. They came through a week before we sent our app to Oz house. Anyway, if we fall short we'll do them again - its only money right??? Hahaha!

Guest GeorgeD
Thanks for the advice Snifter. We don't want to go straight to Australia though, we want to go traveling for a couple of months first but are hesitant to resign from work and pack up our life without the ok from our CO. Just in case we don't end up getting the visa for any reason!

Guess we will send SV an email then outlining our plans and hope for the best!

I had SV. She was really slow at responding to emails. Often I didn't get a reply. Long story, but I sent multiple emails (5+) to request confirmation she had received the additional info she had asked for and got no response. I then had to resend all the info again recorded delivery from Oz to London with a covering letter saying I had only needed to do this as my CO had failed to acknowledge receipt and I would need to continue following up until I got acknowledgement. Bear in mind a mailroom person probably opens this letter...and I got a reply back saying "I acknowledge receipt of information." Nothing else. I phoned her and got all the info I needed. I would stick to phonecalls for questions.

There's no point calling her every other day and asking the same question. After I had sent my additional info I called and asked her if she needed any more. She said no. I asked when would my visa be granted, she said, call me around whatever month my visa was due to be granted. And that was my next phonecall, several months later. If she can tell you when it will be granted she will. If she can't, it will be granted around the time she told you originally when she advised you she was your CO. That will be pretty accurate.

Yes, you want to get flights booked, etc, but it just doesn't work that way sometimes with DIAC. DIAC's advice is not to make any plans until your visa is granted.

Is there anything which may prevent your visa being granted? Do you have a criminal record or serious health issues? If you meet the requirements then you will absolutely 100% get the visa...it's just the timing you don't know...so if you need to make plans now, then work to a date a month or two after the processing time you were originally given. The chances of a visa miraculously popping out several months early are practically zero, so don't even think that it might. Work towards a later date if you need to.