SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

thanks tulip, i just rang the london office and spoke with somebody, he said that the parcel should not have been refused with the address i sent it too, he is going to look into it and ring me back.

so angry, but things happen for a reason, what ever the reason maybe

Andy

thanks tulip, i just rang the london office and spoke with somebody, he said that the parcel should not have been refused with the address i sent it too, he is going to look into it and ring me back.

so angry, but things happen for a reason, what ever the reason maybe

Andy

Andy like Notts has also said there are 2 addresses 1 for special deliveries/recorded post (which is the address given by above) otherwise couriers have to use a different address. Give them a call and confirm which one you need.

might be cheaper special delivery and its trackable on the royal mail website, thats how I sent mine!

Hi guys

I dunno if anyone can help..... when I received my evidence back last week I also received an invoice for payment.

It states I had paid for a 100 (permanent visa) nothing about the 309 just wondering if this is just the norm or if im possibly going to get a 100 straight away??? May just be wishful thinking haha!

LGannon, I got the same thing, thought I was getting the 100, but my CO told me I met the requirements for the 309 recently so I'm not in luck I think! I would just keep it in mind, I think it might be because you've paid for the 100 visa because you don't pay again, you pay for both temp and PR in one go.

LGannon, I got the same thing, thought I was getting the 100, but my CO told me I met the requirements for the 309 recently so I'm not in luck I think! I would just keep it in mind, I think it might be because you've paid for the 100 visa because you don't pay again, you pay for both temp and PR in one go.

Thanks Tulip! Thought that might be the case was just a lil bit of wishful thinking!

How long have you been in a relationship ?

Hi Kevin

Weve been together 4 and half years. Weve only lived together for 9 months when on my whv. The last 3 and a bit years its been a case of flying back and forth. Weve now been married a year.

Hi guys

I dunno if anyone can help..... when I received my evidence back last week I also received an invoice for payment.

It states I had paid for a 100 (permanent visa) nothing about the 309 just wondering if this is just the norm or if im possibly going to get a 100 straight away??? May just be wishful thinking haha!

I hadn't even noticed that til you said... Mine says 100 too though and I'm definitely not eligible!

when you say you got your evidence back, did you get it all back? I didn't and now I'm (hopefully needlessly!) panicking there's something wrong with the bits they kept! Pretty sure it wouldn't have all fit in the envelope I provided though....

parcel force 24 hr special delivery

migration branch

australian high comission

the strand

london

wc2b 4la

uk

i rang up the helpline on the website and was advised to send it to this address.

so angry, have to re pay to send and another 2 weeks behind now with things, and one of my letters is now over 6 weeks old, which will invalidate it. it came from australia aswell

arrrrhhhhhh

Hi Andy that is really annoying. However I assume the letter is a stat dec? I was advised on the Australia forum by a migration agent that the 6 week rule is only for onshore applicants so don't worry about that!

when you say you got your evidence back, did you get it all back? I didn't and now I'm (hopefully needlessly!) panicking there's something wrong with the bits they kept!

Hi Lucy,

Don't worry too much about it. We only got about 4 bits of evidence back (originals) about a fortnight after application. If you supplied mostly copies and certified copies, then you won't receive them back.

Don't stress too much! Good luck!

Woohoo!! Visa approved!! in 5 Months!!

(Sally/Aussie/34yrs, Liga/UK/34yrs, Justin/UK/12yrs)

31.12.2012 - 309/100 visa submitted (with police checks)

17.01.2013 - further info requested. told 8-9 months processing and not to contact them until Sept.

08.04.2013 - medicals submitted

29.05.2013 - Visa grant sent!!

booking flights for October!!

https://docs.google.com/a/ogilvy.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE#gid=0

Edited by SallyF

Hi Lucy,

Don't worry too much about it. We only got about 4 bits of evidence back (originals) about a fortnight after application. If you supplied mostly copies and certified copies, then you won't receive them back.

Don't stress too much! Good luck!

Hey thanks for the reply, that is good to hear. Yeah it was all copies really so I was only expecting a few bits back but then when I got more and not all I got paranoid! Haha, only the meds to stress about next... Thanks for the reassurance!

Visa Application launched in India

PROSPECTIVE MARRIAGE (Class TO) PROSPECTIVE MARRIAGE (Subclass 300)

Application Lodgement Date 28 December 2012

Co Assigned 18 Feb, Requested medicals. submitted 25th Feb

Visa Grant Date 13 May 2013, No further Documents requested.

I hadn't even noticed that til you said... Mine says 100 too though and I'm definitely not eligible!

when you say you got your evidence back, did you get it all back? I didn't and now I'm (hopefully needlessly!) panicking there's something wrong with the bits they kept! Pretty sure it wouldn't have all fit in the envelope I provided though....

I got most of it back Lucy. Although I got my birth cert didn't get the hubbys but then I dunno if that's maybe because he had a few documents as his surname changed when he was young.

A little update from me.

I took my medical on the 13th of May and hadn't heard anything back about it, so emailed my case officer. In my medical exam she told me she had to note on my application that my BMI was over 30, and that I had some self-harm scars. My case officer emailed the medical people and they told her I'd been referred. Extremely upset about this because I thought it meant I wouldn't be able to go to Australia on July 1st...and I have paid for EVERYTHING! Flights booked, dog booked, everything!!! Anyway, thank goodness for VF, she was lovely and told me that it just means the medical officer looks at my case and decides if I'm all good or not (I presume I will be as I have zero health problems), and that if I do need to do any health testing, I can do that in Australia. I had to ask her one last time...can I still go? She said yes, she saw no reason why not, so I'm officially excited about leaving!

We fly in 27 days, woo hoo. Got my visitor visa through today too so will be able to wait out there without worrying.

A little update from me.

I took my medical on the 13th of May and hadn't heard anything back about it, so emailed my case officer. In my medical exam she told me she had to note on my application that my BMI was over 30, and that I had some self-harm scars. My case officer emailed the medical people and they told her I'd been referred. Extremely upset about this because I thought it meant I wouldn't be able to go to Australia on July 1st...and I have paid for EVERYTHING! Flights booked, dog booked, everything!!! Anyway, thank goodness for VF, she was lovely and told me that it just means the medical officer looks at my case and decides if I'm all good or not (I presume I will be as I have zero health problems), and that if I do need to do any health testing, I can do that in Australia. I had to ask her one last time...can I still go? She said yes, she saw no reason why not, so I'm officially excited about leaving!

We fly in 27 days, woo hoo. Got my visitor visa through today too so will be able to wait out there without worrying.

Great news Tulip, VF was my CO too and thought she was great heard people on hear moaning about her, cant see why.

So glad for you, we fly out two weeks tomorrow now to perth, cant wait.

It does look like the waiting time is coming down too though so wonder how the next lot of applicants will get on.

I lodged the 309 visa in January and I have already submitted the medicals/police checks. I was told that the timeline is 8-9 months. However I have read in this forum that some people are getting it 6 months after lodgment. Can I rely on those posts? I'm asking that because there are others who have waited for 8-9 months and to be honest I find it strange that some people have to wait much longer than others.

From your point of view, when is it most likely that my visa gets granted?

I lodged the 309 visa in January and I have already submitted the medicals/police checks. I was told that the timeline is 8-9 months. However I have read in this forum that some people are getting it 6 months after lodgment. Can I rely on those posts? I'm asking that because there are others who have waited for 8-9 months and to be honest I find it strange that some people have to wait much longer than others.

From your point of view, when is it most likely that my visa gets granted?

As someone who watched people who applied up to 3 months after me receive their grants before me - from the same CO - I can confirm it is indeed puzzling!! Especially when there are seemingly no problems or reasons for it to be held-up.

All I would advise is to plan for the full 8-9 month wait and organise your life around that. Keep track on here to see when people who applied at the same time as you/have same CO are receiving news. And be optimistic and hopeful that you may just be one of the increasing number of lucky people getting an early grant :biggrin:

Best of luck!

I think it depends on each case. My medical was referred and my CO has said it could take four months to be cleared because of the huge load of work the DIAC have right now, so I could be in for the full nine months!