SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I got a general request letter when they assigned me my CO (a few days after application), which asked for what I'd left out (just my email address and hubby's birth certificate). I'd assume that's when they'd ask for what they'd need?

That's great, thanks for the replies everyone. I was hoping the info asked for with general request letter was it, just checking if anyone had been asked for anything since. I'd be very happy if nothing else to sort now other than the medical!

Yay! Co assigned :laugh:

No further info requested. Processing time 8-9 months from date application received which was 09/05/2013

can anyone advise.... it gives date of 1st August for health check is this when I have to book it for/by/or submit by then???

has anyone recently done Uk & Aus police checks? How long do they take to process???

​thank you!

they usually give a not before date to get police checks medicals done. u pick date yourself to suit ur first entry date. police checks took three weeks I think

it asks to provide both medical and character checks 1st august...... doest say before or after so thats why a bit confused

​would u recommend do both at a similar time or can I apply for police checks now? Thank u!

With mine it said 'Not before' such and such date. I booked mine about twow eeks after that date, and my police check was sent off on the same day.

I actually asked my CO if she required anything else as we were planning on leaving the UK at the end of June, she said she had everything she needed to show that we meet the requirements for the 309 visa, and that she would only require my medical and police check.

Yay! Co assigned :laugh: No further info requested. Processing time 8-9 months from date application received which was 09/05/2013 can anyone advise.... it gives date of 1st August for health check is this when I have to book it for/by/or submit by then??? has anyone recently done Uk & Aus police checks? How long do they take to process??? ​thank you!

Nice one! That's weird I didn't get a date for medical, perhaps because I already included police checks. I think they're recommending you don't do it before August, that way it should give you about 6 months from grant to enter by. Police checks 3-4 weeks from memory.

Nice one! That's weird I didn't get a date for medical, perhaps because I already included police checks. I think they're recommending you don't do it before August, that way it should give you about 6 months from grant to enter by. Police checks 3-4 weeks from memory.

The date was given for meds and police check in the same sentence on your medical letter lucy. Which CO were u assigned?

im sooo glad me and the hubby know when were next see eachother now!!!

Good afternoon Poms,

This time yesterday I was an extremely happy bunny, because (completely out of the blue) I got that wonderful little email - partner visa (309) granted!!

Data lodged (with character check): 19/11/2012

CO: VF

Medicals: 01/03/2013

Granted: 22/05/2013 (just over the 6-month mark, initially quoted 8-9 months)

To anybody who applied before me and hasn't heard back yet, I know it can be super frustrating, but honestly it'll be any day soon! Best of luck to everybody still waiting, and I hope that you all get granted your visas nice and early too :jiggy:

Hi, havent been on in a while but im also a feb applicant.. had medical last week and confirmed with CO today that all is fine (phew!) Just waiting for police check to come back to forward on and then just back to the game! Still not sure whether 100 or 309 to be granted?

have you heard anything back as yet??

Guest Joe Hall

Hello, Just sent off application today, it all starts now.

309/100 Partner Visa application sent 23/05/13

Got a very unexpected email from our CO last Tuesday 21.05. VISA GRANTED, 6.5 months and we got the 100! Couldn't be happier. We had SV applied early Nov and we hadn't contacted her at all through-out the process. My advice for those applying or waiting, if you've got the evidence and include everything asked on the check-list, there is really nothing else you can do but wait. Put it to the back of your mind and don't stress, eventually it will come, and if your CO needs more info, they'll contact you.

Best of luck to everyone - Australia here we come!

Hi all how do I tag my stats at the bottom of each message I write, sent my visa last week and want to keep everyone up to date with recent progress.

​Andy

'Settings' (top of page) >> scroll down, 'Edit signature'.

You can also add your stats to this spreadsheet below too, so people can keep track of your progress. Good luck with your application! :-)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE#gid=0

Partner visa GRANTED!! :D

My other half's application was lodged in November 2012 and was granted a couple of days ago! wayhay! I'm Australian by birth and our daughter who was born in the Uk 2 years ago has citizenship by decent via me..and now my hubby has Permanent residency :D

Good luck everyone! It feels like forever but you will get there!

Partner visa GRANTED!! :D

My other half's application was lodged in November 2012 and was granted a couple of days ago! wayhay! I'm Australian by birth and our daughter who was born in the Uk 2 years ago has citizenship by decent via me..and now my hubby has Permanent residency :D

Good luck everyone! It feels like forever but you will get there!

I'm pleased that visas are being granted quicker now! Looks like a backlog has been cleared!

​good luck with your move!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So we applied 29th of Nov and it was received on the 3rd of Dec.... We received an email on Weds the 22nd of May!!!! It's been granted! WOW so much quicker than we could have thought! UNDER 6 MONTHS!!! So happy... We fly to New Zealand in 2 weeks and then our adventure can actually start! Good luck to all you waiting! It's the best feeling and well worth the wait xxx

I'd like to add my stats too as i've just been granted, yay! 5 and a half months, completely out of the blue I got my email. And it was the 100! I had VF. My advise is as Kylz said, make sure you have everything they ask for, do as they say regards to meds and police checks and don't bother emailing them all the time as I don't think it helps. I emailed once throughout the application and I'm happy with the speed I got my grant. Australia in August!

Hi Guys.

It's great reading all your experiences and good to hear that the visa's seem to be coming through a bit quicker than stated.

I sent my application off last week and payment has been taken, now just waiting to hear about CO etc.

Is it possible to find out the type of visa you will be granted before it is issued? I have applied for a 309/100 however I will have some work restrictions unless I have PR so would love to be able to find out sooner rather than later so I can start looking for work properly and not worry about having to let anyone down.

We have been married for 7 years and have 2 children (who have Aussie by descent citizenship) so I'm hoping for 100 but would love to know for sure.

Liz

Em demo when you said you sent it off last week and money taken when did they receive the parcel? They've had mine for just over a week now and still not taken money out

andy

Hi Andy,

I posted it last Tuesday and they took the money on Friday from my credit card.

Liz

Thanks, just had some bad news, the parcel i sent was returned back to manchester as the address i sent it to refused the parcel. I rang the high commision on the morning i delivered and confirmed the postal address.... so angry. can you please write out the excact address that you posted it to please????

thanks so much

Thanks, just had some bad news, the parcel i sent was returned back to manchester as the address i sent it to refused the parcel. I rang the high commision on the morning i delivered and confirmed the postal address.... so angry. can you please write out the excact address that you posted it to please????

thanks so much

Which address did you send it to, and how did you send it?

parcel force 24 hr special delivery

migration branch

australian high comission

the strand

london

wc2b 4la

uk

i rang up the helpline on the website and was advised to send it to this address.

so angry, have to re pay to send and another 2 weeks behind now with things, and one of my letters is now over 6 weeks old, which will invalidate it. it came from australia aswell

arrrrhhhhhh

This is the address;

Australia House

Strand London

WC2B 4LA

United Kingdom

Add on Migration Branch for couriers. From what I can see you wrote the address wrong. You wrote High Commission, not Australia House. That could be it?