SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hey guys,

Seen some guys have had there 309/100 visa's granted. I applied for mine on the 14th of October and everything is done and sent in....seen these guys who have applied at the same time as me have had there visa's granted and validated....do you think mine is far away to being validated if I've applied around the same date?

Cheers in advance for the responses

Kind regards

​Liam Hawkes

Hi Liam,

How annoying for you seeing a LOT of Oct applicants being granted, but not you. I would be pulling my hair out!

My OH received the good news last week. We applied at around the same time as you. Maybe some COs are giving the go-ahead but others aren't. Maybe your CO is on hols at the moment? There could be a plethora of reasons why yours hasn't been pushed through yet...I'm sure it's nothing to worry about (although I must admit, if I was in your shoes, I'd probably be stressing like a mo fo!)

Have a look on the spreadsheet and see if anyone else who applied around the same time has your CO, and see if they've been granting recently?

Good luck mate

​x

Hi Liam,

How annoying for you seeing a LOT of Oct applicants being granted, but not you. I would be pulling my hair out!

My OH received the good news last week. We applied at around the same time as you. Maybe some COs are giving the go-ahead but others aren't. Maybe your CO is on hols at the moment? There could be a plethora of reasons why yours hasn't been pushed through yet...I'm sure it's nothing to worry about (although I must admit, if I was in your shoes, I'd probably be stressing like a mo fo!)

Have a look on the spreadsheet and see if anyone else who applied around the same time has your CO, and see if they've been granting recently?

Good luck mate

​x

Hi SkippyChick11

I know your message wasn't aimed at me but I found it reassuring anyway so thank you :) I certainly am nearly at the 'point of mo fo'. Surely only a matter of days now...!

​x

Hi Liam,

Good luck mate

​x

Yeah I'm sure its nothing to worry about either, its just like false hope thats all. Obviously I'm really happy for you guys that have had there visa's granted but also wish I was in that position.

On my CO, she isn't on holiday at the moment and I've said a few times before, she isn't really very approachable on any form of contact (and thats the limited contact we've had). Almost feel like I've ruined her week when I've had to contact her judging by her response!

Maybe I'll hear something next week....just been 7 months since I've seen my girlfriend and I'm desperate now!

Thanks for your response though, much appreciated.

​Liam

Yeah I'm sure its nothing to worry about either, its just like false hope thats all. Obviously I'm really happy for you guys that have had there visa's granted but also wish I was in that position.

On my CO, she isn't on holiday at the moment and I've said a few times before, she isn't really very approachable on any form of contact (and thats the limited contact we've had). Almost feel like I've ruined her week when I've had to contact her judging by her response!

Maybe I'll hear something next week....just been 7 months since I've seen my girlfriend and I'm desperate now!

Thanks for your response though, much appreciated.

​Liam

Liam, out of interest, who is your CO?

OK, I finally pulled my finger out and got my medical check done earlier this week.

£270 for 90 minutes of torture and fear of getting mugged by unsavory characters in the waiting room.

Can see why the Oz govt has such a strict application process.

Edited by TheGreatDane

hey wolvesaussie,

Yes by all accounts Greensborough is great. new shopping centre/leisure centre etc. when ive been over we spent time in Brunswick which i really liked, and Mernda which was a little far out for me.

Where have you been living in the UK? im living in south London.

I quite fancy the south east by the coast, what's your views on Elwood, Brighton, Hampton and Sandringham?

Im in Birmingham, have family in the midlands so ended up here. I dont really know, I imagine they are nice but dont really know to be honest, I only know the Northern Suburbs. Brunswick is good for going out and bars etc. I think I would like to live in one of those bayside areas you mention but we going to wait and see where we end up getting jobs

For final information

Visa Partner permanent visa (subclass 100) - Granted 13/05/2013

App submitted 1/11 - Received 2/11 - Payment 2/11 - C/O 5/11 Docs returned 8/11 - Meds Character done 8/02

Edited by TNL

For final information

Visa Partner permanent visa (subclass 100) - Granted 13/05/2013

App submitted 1/11 - Received 2/11 - Payment 2/11 - C/O 5/11 Docs returned 8/11 - Meds Character done 8/02

Congratulations!!

Just over the 6 months mark lucky u!!

Medical done today for me too. All went well, but the panel doctor did tell me that she would have to note that I was overweight and that I had self-harm scars. Hoping that doesn't affect my application but I'm feeling hopeful so booking flights this week!

Medical done today for me too. All went well, but the panel doctor did tell me that she would have to note that I was overweight and that I had self-harm scars. Hoping that doesn't affect my application but I'm feeling hopeful so booking flights this week!

Overweight?!?!?! Omg Tulip is that really something they care about! Unless its life threatening i guess :-s

Looks like i better shed some pounds! Haha xxx

Overweight?!?!?! Omg Tulip is that really something they care about! Unless its life threatening i guess :-s

Looks like i better shed some pounds! Haha xxx

Yeap! It is! They take into consideration anything that could cause expenses to the Health System. If you are overweight you are more prone to cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. Also don't forget the vast amounts the NHS pays over here due to obesity.

Tulip if you are not too much overweight I don't see a reason why this should affect your application. On the other hand if you have health problems that stem from your weight maybe you should look into it and consult someone now that its still early?

dam my CO doesn't give us any info! I have refrained to emailing him as I don't want to be annoying...I have prob sent 3-4 emails since our application date and they were literally to let him know what's happening with our meds and police checks. I cheekily asked him if from now on it is just a waiting game and that we should not expect any reason why my fiance shouldn't be getting a grant and he didn't answer! He replied to my email but didn't mention anything abt that :( I have heard other CO's reassuring everyone that all they have to do is wait now. My partner is healthy, has no criminal record, we had tons of evidence , we are engaged and he has a Masters Degree and we already have a house and jobs to go to...I hope there are no probs just because he is Bulgarian (passport class 2). I read somewhere that class 2 passports usually have more trouble getting grants.

Yeap! It is! They take into consideration anything that could cause expenses to the Health System. If you are overweight you are more prone to cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. Also don't forget the vast amounts the NHS pays over here due to obesity.

Tulip if you are not too much overweight I don't see a reason why this should affect your application. On the other hand if you have health problems that stem from your weight maybe you should look into it and consult someone now that its still early?

Yea i can see where ur coming from but was just shocked because if ur just a couple pounds seems a bit extreme unless it is a major health problem!

Hope ur co gives u some assurance soon. I wouldnt hesitate asking either haha. At the end of the day this is our lives and especially as u have jobs to start. But i guess they can only give the info they know at the time x

Yea i can see where ur coming from but was just shocked because if ur just a couple pounds seems a bit extreme unless it is a major health problem!

Hope ur co gives u some assurance soon. I wouldnt hesitate asking either haha. At the end of the day this is our lives and especially as u have jobs to start. But i guess they can only give the info they know at the time x

For a couple of pounds I wouldn't worry at all!!! hahaha...Who hasn't got a couple of pounds extra anyway??? :)

the "jobs" are working for my father in his shop as a back up plan if we don't find immediate jobs...we put that in my sponsor reference... But I am avoiding having to go down that route, made enough coffees in my life to have to do it again at 26!