SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Can't believe mid-October applicants are being granted now! Lucky, lucky people :)

I'm a Sept 4th applicant and still waiting... Anyone else in a similar situation? Should I be concerned?!

I never thought processing times could be this skewed...

Hopefully I get a 'head offshore' email this week. Fingers crossed!

Hi everyone, congrats to everyone getting their visas granted ! I just have a question about going on a tourist visa while we wait, I'm australian living with my partner and our daughter in the uk, we plan on heading out to Australia very soon my partner on a 12 month tourist visa, was just wondering how much money do you think we should have in our account to show at the airport ? and were much of you asked to show bank statments or anything when you arrived ? xox

Hi ashleym23

I came out on a 12mth tourist visa last november and when i got to the airport they did not ask me for any proof off finace,i just told them i am waiting on my spouse visa to be granted,they said good luck and welcome to Australia!

Hopefully my grant should be coming through soon as my co is off until the 9th may.:wink:

Edited by Sticks

Hi ashleym23

I came out on a 12mth tourist visa last november and when i got to the airport they did not ask me for any proof off finace,i just told them i am waiting on my spouse visa to be granted,they said good luck and welcome to Australia!

Hopefully my grant should be coming through soon as my co is off until the 9th may.:wink:

Ooooh, so CO (VF) is currently on holiday? That helps to explain things!

Hopefully we are contacted soon!

Hi Guys,

Im just about to submit my 309/100 at Aussie house.

Million dollar question is do i front load the application with police cert and medical, or do i wait?

Don't want the two rejected and forced to pay again.

:arghh:

Cheers

Woohoooo!!! I have finally submitted all my paperwork (309/100) yesterday and it has been delivered today, yes I have track and traced it haha!!!! (9th May 2013)

Im like an excited kid haha and even though this is just the begining I feel like I need a big glass of wine now after submitting all the paperwork I have!!! a nice hefty 2.6kg of it haha!

Couple of questions though.....

How long does it take for payment to be taken????

When do you get signed your case officer?

Do they acknowledge they have recieved it or is that when the case officer is assigned??

Thank you!

Laura x

Hi Guys,

Im just about to submit my 309/100 at Aussie house.

Million dollar question is do i front load the application with police cert and medical, or do i wait?

Don't want the two rejected and forced to pay again.

:arghh:

Cheers

Good luck Stuart i just submitted mine, looks like we may get processed at the same time. Keep me updated how you go!:smile:

Woohoooo!!! I have finally submitted all my paperwork (309/100) yesterday and it has been delivered today, yes I have track and traced it haha!!!! (9th May 2013)

Im like an excited kid haha and even though this is just the begining I feel like I need a big glass of wine now after submitting all the paperwork I have!!! a nice hefty 2.6kg of it haha!

Do they acknowledge they have recieved it or is that when the case officer is assigned??

Thank you!

Laura x

Congratulations on getting it submitted! :) I very much know how you're feeling... such a relief! I sent mine off just a couple of weeks ago on the 23rd April. The payment was taken out the next day, then I received an email from the Case Officer that has been assigned to me a week later (1st May) confirming receipt and requesting more information. I've since emailed them back the info and I received an email straight back acknowledging receipt... all going smoothly so far.

Guest GeorgeD

Thank you!

Laura x

To answer your questions:

Payment is taken within a day or two of them receiving your application

You are assigned a CO usually around 7-10 days from receipt

The CO acknowledges receipt when they tell you they are your CO.

Congratulations on getting it submitted! :) I very much know how you're feeling... such a relief! I sent mine off just a couple of weeks ago on the 23rd April. The payment was taken out the next day, then I received an email from the Case Officer that has been assigned to me a week later (1st May) confirming receipt and requesting more information. I've since emailed them back the info and I received an email straight back acknowledging receipt... all going smoothly so far.

Thanks Cheese!

I know I'm going to have no nails left over the next few months haha

Can I ask what info they requested from you? Im 99% certain I have sent everything I can think of!

Woo hoo well done! How exciting! I know just how you feel, I actually jumped up and down in the post office!

Mine took a few days for payment to be taken and CO assigned. Medical check is on Monday and I'm sending off my police check soon, and then we're all good to go to Aus at the end of June to wait to be told to go offshore to grant!

Thanks Cheese!

I know I'm going to have no nails left over the next few months haha

Can I ask what info they requested from you? Im 99% certain I have sent everything I can think of!

I've gone from worrying about it constantly before submission, to just being relaxed about it now. I guess I just know the hard work is done and I'm reasonably confident that it'll all go through OK. It's just a long, long wait...

Sure - they asked me to supply all of my addresses and the dates I lived there in the last 10 years. I wasn't quite sure why, but maybe because my list of countries I've visited over the 10 years is very long (I like holidays!) and they're checking I've not lived overseas. Not a problem for me to do this, though, as I just emailed a list back. I knew I would have to sit down and work it out anyway for my police check, but it took a fair amount of racking the memory bank and rummaging among old pay slips, as I've had 8 addresses in that time.

I've gone from worrying about it constantly before submission, to just being relaxed about it now. I guess I just know the hard work is done and I'm reasonably confident that it'll all go through OK. It's just a long, long wait...

Sure - they asked me to supply all of my addresses and the dates I lived there in the last 10 years. I wasn't quite sure why, but maybe because my list of countries I've visited over the 10 years is very long (I like holidays!) and they're checking I've not lived overseas. Not a problem for me to do this, though, as I just emailed a list back. I knew I would have to sit down and work it out anyway for my police check, but it took a fair amount of racking the memory bank and rummaging among old pay slips, as I've had 8 addresses in that time.

Thanks Tulip! :-) Good Luck!

Very true Cheese! Once Ive heard from a case officer Ill be at ease haha.

Your additional info seemed simply enough and at least it is not something too indepth to justify! Fingers crossed for you.

I take it you are applying on marriage grounds. I cant wait to get back out to Oz! Where abouts will you be settling?

Thanks Tulip! :-) Good Luck!

Very true Cheese! Once Ive heard from a case officer Ill be at ease haha.

Your additional info seemed simply enough and at least it is not something too indepth to justify! Fingers crossed for you.

I take it you are applying on marriage grounds. I cant wait to get back out to Oz! Where abouts will you be settling?

Well hopefully by next weekend you will have had the nod that all is is hand and you can let out that sigh of relief and maybe another large glass of wine! :)

We're not married yet, but have plans in motion to do so next February. We've been living together 3 years now, though, so the evidence was pretty easy for us to put together. My OH is originally from Sydney's northern beaches, but I think we'll be settling city-side just to put a little bit of distance between us and the relos! :) And if all goes to plan, we're hoping to move out April next year. How about you?

We applied mid-September but still no Visa. One of my sons' medicals has been referred (though it's REALLY minor), I think that's what we're waiting for - that has been referred for around 5 weeks now. When that was sent for a referral our CO suggested mid May as a likely Visa date - the full 9 months.

This thread makes it feel like all the September applicants have been granted. Is that the case??

Hey guys,

Seen some guys have had there 309/100 visa's granted. I applied for mine on the 14th of October and everything is done and sent in....seen these guys who have applied at the same time as me have had there visa's granted and validated....do you think mine is far away to being validated if I've applied around the same date?

Cheers in advance for the responses

Kind regards

​Liam Hawkes

I've been watching this thread for some time now as I applied for my Partner Visa in October. My grant notification (100 no less!) came through yesterday and details are as follows:

Application receipted October 2012

Further info sent November 2012

Police check submited April 2013

Medical undertaken April 2013

Visa (100 sub-class) granted May 2013

So that's just over 6 months from submission - much quicker than the advised 8-9 months

Good luck to those who are still waiting, am sure it won't be too long.

Edited by SDH

Well hopefully by next weekend you will have had the nod that all is is hand and you can let out that sigh of relief and maybe another large glass of wine! :)

We're not married yet, but have plans in motion to do so next February. We've been living together 3 years now, though, so the evidence was pretty easy for us to put together. My OH is originally from Sydney's northern beaches, but I think we'll be settling city-side just to put a little bit of distance between us and the relos! :) And if all goes to plan, we're hoping to move out April next year. How about you?

Good luck with the wedding planning!

We got married last June but have now been together for 5 years. We met in oz when i was on a working holiday visa and lived together for about 9 months. We wanted to wait till we were married to apply and over the years have been flying back and forth to see eachother! We manage lol but cant wait till im there for good. Thankfully we have alot of evidence and dec 888 forms from friends and family.

Ill be living in south western suburbs of Sydney called Mount Annan. About an hour from the city.

As soon as my visa is granted i need to give work one months notice and im off!! Haha