SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Does anyone know how we find out if our medical results have been uploaded ok? I attended Spire, Manchester last Friday and they informed me it would take 5-7 days, but they also said they had problems with their IT systems :S...

I've emailed my CO but I don't want to keep bothering her.

I think that's finally the last piece of the Visa jigsaw completed. :)

Partner Visa - applied 28th August 2012 - approved 14th April 2013.

Good news!

Case Officer KP.

Now just have to organise for OH to leave Australia for 3 business days to activate the visa. Probably go to New Zealand.

​Good luck other August applicants

Here I am reading the forum, thinking.... cmonnn 2 weeks lets do this!!!!!

So it's fiance's birthday yesterday so we had nice relaxing day, I took the afternoon off work, we had cake etc.... didnt check his emails cos we were taking it easy.......

Go in there today.... and there it is!!!! The email to tell him to goo offshore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are SO SO excited to go offshore and get the decision, but we also need to work out some cheap flights to go to Bali/Malaysia in the coming week or two - there's a public holiday next week so flights are VERY pricey! we just want to go TODAY!!!!!

Wow, littlekitty! So excited to come on here and see that you have received the all-important, head offshore email! I always look out for your name since we applied at the same time for same visa! Congrats - the end has finally come!

If you don't mind me asking, did you contact your CO much beforehand re the expiry of your fiance's tourist visa and heading offshore for visa grant?

I ask as I just emailed my CO last week, asking how much notice I would get in order to leave the country come grant time. My tourist visa expires on 31st May (just 4 days short of what would be the full 9 months of processing!) so I always hoped it would coincide.

My CO simply replied saying she'd be in touch nearer the end of the 9 month period, advising me then to go offshore...

I guess I was hoping she'd acknowledge when my current tourist visa expires and indicate that my PMV grant would be made to coincide...would make life a lot less stressful! Am I asking for too much?!

Maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily, but would love to know if you had much correspondence with your CO recently, and if you had to give him/her a nudge?

Guest guest76950

Hi every one

Im in sydney waiting for my off shore partner visa into my 7th month of waiting now. Do's anyone know or when are people getting there visas if its the 8 or 9 month???? the waiting is killing me.

Hi there,

Does anybody know how to check the status of my ehealth medical? i had it over three weeks ago and have heard nothing. its the missing piece!!!!!!

​Thanks

Hi Kieran,

I got in touch with our CO about 2 months after the medical to make sure he had everything that he needed, as we hadn't heard anything to the contrary.

He came back and said it was all good. We're hopefully just got another 2 months to go until the visa is granted (not that we're actually going to Aus until the end of the year... but that is beside the point!)...

​Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine!

Hi everyone ! hope your all doing well! just sent my partners visa away today, just a quick question for those who went on a tourist visa. This is probably a silly question but do you need to wait three months untill your medicals done before going on a tourist visa ? or can you get these done while in australia and get them sent to London ?

Hi every one

Im in sydney waiting for my off shore partner visa into my 7th month of waiting now. Do's anyone know or when are people getting there visas if its the 8 or 9 month???? the waiting is killing me.

HI Dean Judd, my OH's came through just under 8 months we applied 28th August 2012 so that should give you a feel. Once you are 1-2 weeks away from the 8 months wait, I would email your CO and request an update on the application status. Probably worth looking a overseas flights for at 8 /9 months mark to see what you can realistically do as the CO will ask for flight details once your application is at the finalisation stage. So good to have a rough plan. Not long to go now.

Guest guest76950

Hi tuosist

We applied about 5 weeks later than u 2/10/12 feels good knowing u av your visa grant already 2 weeks ago my co ask me to get an Australian police check as over the last ten years iv been in oz more than 12 months witch is bit of a nightmare waiting for it now to send it back to London any way thanks for your info.

Hi everyone ! hope your all doing well! just sent my partners visa away today, just a quick question for those who went on a tourist visa. This is probably a silly question but do you need to wait three months untill your medicals done before going on a tourist visa ? or can you get these done while in australia and get them sent to London ?

Hi Ashley!

Well done on getting your application in. It's a relief isn't it!

When you're assigned your CO, they should get in touch with your HAP number for your medical. I think this is universal, but as you'll need to advise your CO that you're going onshore on a tourist visa anyway, just reply and confirm with them.

Best of luck!

Oh and if you want to add your stats - the spreadsheet is here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE#gid=0

Hi guys,i have got inviation from SA today, now im applying for visa and for it i need an advise on a matter.Im intending to use my wife’s passport which was issued before marriage, so her name and status isn’t changed as far passport is concernd. We do have the marriage certificate so will it be nessaruy to have her passport changed or the old valid can be used for visa application?

Hi guys,i have got inviation from SA today, now im applying for visa and for it i need an advise on a matter.Im intending to use my wife’s passport which was issued before marriage, so her name and status isn’t changed as far passport is concernd. We do have the marriage certificate so will it be nessaruy to have her passport changed or the old valid can be used for visa application?

Hi SaintKamy,

I think you've posted on the incorrect thread. This one is for the partner visa - family stream (where one person in the relationship is Australian).

That being said, I would think that providing your wife's passport in her maiden name as well as your marriage certificate (and maybe another form of ID - like driver's license - in her married name, if possible) would be enough.

I would start a new thread asking the more knowledgeable folks on the forum, to confirm though.

Cheers!

OMG OMG OMG! Received our email today saying that my husband's visa has been approved. YAY! now to start planning the move back.

For everyone, still awaiting there's, I know the anxious feeling but rest assured to will come!

here are my stats for you,

24th Sep 2012: Application received at London office

26th Sep 2012: CO assigned

24th Jan 2013: Medicals and Police Checks sent

26th April 2013: Visa Granted

Goodluck everyone!

Wow, littlekitty! So excited to come on here and see that you have received the all-important, head offshore email! I always look out for your name since we applied at the same time for same visa! Congrats - the end has finally come!

If you don't mind me asking, did you contact your CO much beforehand re the expiry of your fiance's tourist visa and heading offshore for visa grant?

I ask as I just emailed my CO last week, asking how much notice I would get in order to leave the country come grant time. My tourist visa expires on 31st May (just 4 days short of what would be the full 9 months of processing!) so I always hoped it would coincide.

My CO simply replied saying she'd be in touch nearer the end of the 9 month period, advising me then to go offshore...

I guess I was hoping she'd acknowledge when my current tourist visa expires and indicate that my PMV grant would be made to coincide...would make life a lot less stressful! Am I asking for too much?!

Maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily, but would love to know if you had much correspondence with your CO recently, and if you had to give him/her a nudge?

Hi, sorry about the late reply- things have been crazy since getting notice to go offshore! We leave on Wednesday night, so we can't wait to have a little celebratory holiday in Bali before coming back and getting fiancé's work organised etc.

anyway, to answer your question- my fiancé's tourist visa was due to expire on the 6th April, we emailed our CO to let her know we could be offshore after the 6th and just wait offshore. That was wishful planning as it was before the 8 month mark. She told us it was 'unlikely' the visa would be granted in april - So fiancé extended his tourist visa. 8 days after (on his birthday no less!) he got the email to go offshore!

this sort of tells me that the COs literally can't tell when the grant will be possible until maybe within one or two days... Otherwise she would have stopped us from having to extend his tourist visa (more paperwork etc) if she could have predicted that 8 days later he was ready for a grant.

I can't be too excited yet- we don't actually have the visa yet- but hopefully by then end of this week I can't join the club!

We are also SO SO excited to be able to properly organise our wedding!

OMG OMG OMG! Received our email today saying that my husband's visa has been approved. YAY! now to start planning the move back.

For everyone, still awaiting there's, I know the anxious feeling but rest assured to will come!

Goodluck everyone!

Wow hotspur that's awesome!!! I can't believe how quickly they are getting through sept applicants, as u are at the end of sept!!! Congrats!

Hey!!

My boyfriend got his today :)

Got an email about 2 weeks ago saying it was ready for approval he needed to leave Aus.. He went to Fiji on Friday (26th april) and got it approved today! Super exciting as we were not expecting it until ealry June.

Date Recieved in London: 5th Sept

Police and medicals sent about 3 months later (5th dec for meds and 27th for poilce check), no further info requested

Email saying it was ready to grant when he was offshore:15th April

Visa Granted: 30th April

Thanks for every one on heres help! Best of luck to everyone still waiting :)

Goodluck everyone!

Hotspur1, who is your case officer? And had you sent any requests lately to see what was happening with the visa? We have been assigned a new CO just recently and they are still telling us 8 - 9 months and our application was only sent a week after yours.

Wah! So many September applications being granted!

Hoping so much that I get a 'head offshore' email asap. I applied on September 4th!! And my tourist visa expires in 4 weeks! HURRY UP!!

Think my CO (VF) is the slowest and most inflexible of all...I have heard others mention this too...

Any other early September peeps out there??

​Just looking at the visa stats and I'm feeling a bit lonely as the only April partner 309/100 visa sumbitter. Has anyone else recently applied? It would be great to know who else is on a similar timeframe to me. I'm hoping to get some sort of official confirmation soon and a CO allocated... the money certainly whizzed out of our account at great speed!

And for anyone that's interested... my OH is the Australian, but his dual nationality allows him to work in the UK so we've been living together in Edinburgh for nearly 3 years. If everything goes to plan we'd like to be arriving in Sydney - where all his family are based - about this time next year. Just to add extra chaos and things to stress about into the mix, we're planning on getting married in Thailand on the way in February 2014 (when all our belongings are being shipped over) and do a backpacking honeymoon in SE Asia for a couple of months before we star our new lives together in OZ.... exciting times :)