SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi All,

This is my first posting, though I have followed this thread for some months! My partner's visa was granted today. We applied on 18th June. We are packing up and heading out next week for an Australian Christmas!

Thank you to everyone here for the wonderful information and reassurance. It has got us through the last few months!

Hi All,

This is my first posting, though I have followed this thread for some months! My partner's visa was granted today. We applied on 18th June. We are packing up and heading out next week for an Australian Christmas!

Thank you to everyone here for the wonderful information and reassurance. It has got us through the last few months!

Congrats on the grant KBone, who was your CO? if you don't mind me asking :)

Hey guys, just a quick update, still no visa grant as of yet, i've sent the case officer yesterday and hope to get a reply at some point today, who knows the reply could be the notice of grant :) (yes please)

It's good to see all you guys are getting granted your visa, all the best and congratulations.

this wait is the worst! we are now at 5 months 2 weeks and 1 day from CO being assigned, and still nothing:cry:. When we emailed we were told 'as previously advised' granting will be closer to 6 months:unsure:. Last email we got said 5-6 months, and that email was in July. It's so frustrating to see so many here email and be given dates and 'next week' when we get 'closer to 6 months'. I feel like screaming:arghh:, every day is closer to 6 months, and still nothing coming! Grrr I hate waiting, and having my future in someone else's hands, who seems so ambivalent to our stresses and worries.

Ok rant over, thanks for listening.

Have been told by case officer i can leave Aus and she'll grant visa, have booked flight to NZ for next Thurs.

Timescale then has been just over 5 months. Sent my application off on 13 June and had ackowledgement from Australia House on 18th June, so they've been a bit quicker than i thought!

Hey Jimmy,

Did you make it over to NZ and back? did it all go to plan?

Best.

Guest GeorgeD
Bit concerned to see SV grants are taking longer than others :( I've got the 8-9 month wait.. really hoping it doesnt take 9 months :(

I had SV 2 years ago and it took her to the longer timescale of the promised duration. I think it was 4-5 months when I applied but then moved out to 6-8 months or something during my application. Mine took about 5 months from memory. It was within the originally published timescale (at the pouint I applied), but it was towards the longer time rather than the shorter one.

Hey Jimmy,

Did you make it over to NZ and back? did it all go to plan?

Best.

Hey yes i did , thanks. My visa was granted on 29 November, having applied on 14 June. I got back yesterday from a lovely week in NZ exploring the north island.

So all in all not bad 5.5 months from application to grant.

Now have returned to Melbourne, set up medicare, tax file no, bank account today. Got job interview tomorrow. Hopefully it will bear fruit!

So a little birdie may have sent an email telling them it was H's 40th and what a nice present it would be, and I'm sure entirely by coincidence it was granted this afternoon!! :xmas24::xmas16:

Best birthday present ever!!

Fantastic news, well done. Tis nice how it worked out.

I wonder how many more June applicants are out there waiting? anyone else got any good news pending?

Best.

Hey guys congratulations and what a great present yor right :) our visa has been granted too, great, we wanted it before other half handed his notice in at work, we got the grant yesterday and he is handing his notice in today :) couldn't have timed this better ! What an awesome way to start Christmas too, i was starting to believe it wasn't going to be granted until after Christmas. Just for the record, we applied on the 19th as stated on the notice of grant to the 6th of December. Good luck to everyone else, we fly in January :) at last the wait for the grant is over, now just the wait for the flights which is fine and will come in no time i'm sure. All the best to everyone xXXx

Hey guys congratulations and what a great present yor right :) our visa has been granted too, great, we wanted it before other half handed his notice in at work, we got the grant yesterday and he is handing his notice in today :) couldn't have timed this better ! What an awesome way to start Christmas too, i was starting to believe it wasn't going to be granted until after Christmas. Just for the record, we applied on the 19th as stated on the notice of grant to the 6th of December. Good luck to everyone else, we fly in January :) at last the wait for the grant is over, now just the wait for the flights which is fine and will come in no time i'm sure. All the best to everyone xXXx

Congratulations!! We found the flights got way cheaper from the 20th onwards which is why we are flying then. Can't wait to get a bit of summer!!

Fantastic news, well done. Tis nice how it worked out.

I wonder how many more June applicants are out there waiting? anyone else got any good news pending?

Best.

We're still waiting. according to the ss there are 5 before us still waiting, 2 have AB, but aren't active users so I'm assuming they have been granted, just not updated, 2 others aren't active users either. 6 after us have been granted, and I am beginning to go a little nuts :wacko:. Today puts us at 5 months, 2 weeks and 4 days. All we have been told in 'closer to 6 months'. This is the most frustrating wait I have ever endured.

We're still waiting. according to the ss there are 5 before us still waiting, 2 have AB, but aren't active users so I'm assuming they have been granted, just not updated, 2 others aren't active users either. 6 after us have been granted, and I am beginning to go a little nuts :wacko:. Today puts us at 5 months, 2 weeks and 4 days. All we have been told in 'closer to 6 months'. This is the most frustrating wait I have ever endured.

It was driving me nuts too so I contacted my case officer VF to ask if she would grant my visa before AH closes on 21st and she said "yes contact me again the week starting 17th." So by the time i get my visa it will have taken the full 6 months.

It was driving me nuts too so I contacted my case officer VF to ask if she would grant my visa before AH closes on 21st and she said "yes contact me again the week starting 17th." So by the time i get my visa it will have taken the full 6 months.

We emailed our CO last week, and were told " as advised before your visa will be granted around 6 months after lodgement date", which is bugging me to no end as it seems that all the other CO's are saying 'next week' or on a set date. to make it worse 6months is the day before they close for christmas, so if she doesn't grant then, it will be closer to 7 months by the time she grants. It's really frustrating.