SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Morning all, Nice email from my CO (AB) yesterday afternoon, advising I've been granted my visa! Its the 100 too!

Application Lodgement Date 25 June 2012 , Decision Date 27 November 2012. He was obviously underpromising last week when I gave him a nudge and he said nearer the 6 month mark at which time he would be on holiday!

Good luck to everyone else! And a huge thankyou to everyone on the forum that have shared their experiences and knowledge with me, mostly without knowing it, as I have lurked for info on a daily basis. :biggrin:

Morning all, Nice email from my CO (AB) yesterday afternoon, advising I've been granted my visa! Its the 100 too!

Application Lodgement Date 25 June 2012 , Decision Date 27 November 2012. He was obviously underpromising last week when I gave him a nudge and he said nearer the 6 month mark at which time he would be on holiday!

Good luck to everyone else! And a huge thankyou to everyone on the forum that have shared their experiences and knowledge with me, mostly without knowing it, as I have lurked for info on a daily basis. :biggrin:

Ooh, we were 4 days after you. Congratulations!!

My husband is 40 next week, it'd be a pretty nice present, wouldn't it? *crossing everything*

Ooh, we were 4 days after you. Congratulations!!

My husband is 40 next week, it'd be a pretty nice present, wouldn't it? *crossing everything*

What a great birthday present! fingers crossed for you here too. - Before the end of the week I reckon :)

This flurry of June grants is looking healthy, it looks like they have sped up a bit.

Best.

just wondering if there is going to be a big gap between grants. i filed my visa on 27 june so just before time scale changed from 5-6 to 6-8 and now 8-9 months. currently its taking about 5.5 so going on that basis post 1 july would take about 7 months so what happens between decs grants for junes applications and feb when the juy ones shoud be granted.ni suspect in reality the july applications will be taking 6 months to grant

Hi everyone,

Quick question. I got some of my documents sent back to me from my CO and was wondering what that meant. They sent back my original birth cert & my police check certificate - won't they need to keep these? Or does them sending these back mean that they have logged that i have them and that part is now done?

Also how do you know whether you have submitted everything they need? Do they tell you right near the start or do they spring it on you later?

Thanks in advance for any help.. and congratulations to those who got their Visa today.

Hi everyone,

Quick question. I got some of my documents sent back to me from my CO and was wondering what that meant. They sent back my original birth cert & my police check certificate - won't they need to keep these? Or does them sending these back mean that they have logged that i have them and that part is now done?

Also how do you know whether you have submitted everything they need? Do they tell you right near the start or do they spring it on you later?

Thanks in advance for any help.. and congratulations to those who got their Visa today.

They send originals back and then they send you a letter asking for medicals and police checks, etc as well as assigning you your co. They will let you know if they neec anything else

Guest niknak78

Morning

Just had an email from AB to grant my visaaaaaaaaaa 309 June, thanks to everyone on this site for making it so much easier.

Sunshine here we come :biggrin:

applied 12 June

Edited by niknak78

Hi all

Thought I would email my CO for an update late last night, what with all of the other June grants going through, and sitting in my inbox today is my lovely 100 visa grant.

Thanks to everyone for the info on this post, good luck to all still waiting and don't forget to fill in your stats on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE#gid=0 so everyone can see how long the grants are taking.

Fab stuff you filed the same day as me :-). Whose your co? Gonna chase mine now, what did you say? I am about to send a job app sp wondering if i can use that as an excuse as i asked if they had everything a few. Weeks back. Eeeek exciting. when are you going?

Hi all

Thought I would email my CO for an update late last night, what with all of the other June grants going through, and sitting in my inbox today is my lovely 100 visa grant.

Thanks to everyone for the info on this post, good luck to all still waiting and don't forget to fill in your stats on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE#gid=0 so everyone can see how long the grants are taking.

Fab stuff you filed the same day as me :-). Whose your co? Gonna chase mine now, what did you say? I am about to send a job app sp wondering if i can use that as an excuse as i asked if they had everything a few. Weeks back. Eeeek exciting. when are you going?

AB. Just sent a polite email asking if I could get an idea of when it would be granted. Not sure, we are probably looking at late Jan, would like to be over before Australia day if we can.

AB. Just sent a polite email asking if I could get an idea of when it would be granted. Not sure, we are probably looking at late Jan, would like to be over before Australia day if we can.

looks like AB is grant happy lately lol. i chased saying it was close to guide pircessing times and i have a job i want to apply for so would be good to send proof or a guideline for time. normally he has come back first thing in the morning but nothing yet. guess maybe no news is good news..........unless he's off sick lol

i just spoke with my co. he said my visa should be ready to be finalised on the 4th. he asked whe the closing date for the job was which is the 5th ( got to wonder if i'd have said 4th whether it would have been ready earlier) i am a bit cobfusedtho as he said that when it's granted on the 4th it would be the 5th there. he mentioned 4 in tge mroning, but can't work out if he meant visa would be granted on the 5th at 4 am which seems odd orbat 4 pm here. who actualy does the final "yes"

eith way not long to wait.

It's great to see so many June applicants finally getting their visas. I do wish there was a bit more consistency with the timeframes though because from this forum alone a number of people have got their visas within 5 months when I was told 6 months & these same people applied after me. Im hoping my case officer was just giving me the worst case timeframe as this wait is hellish

It's great to see so many June applicants finally getting their visas. I do wish there was a bit more consistency with the timeframes though because from this forum alone a number of people have got their visas within 5 months when I was told 6 months & these same people applied after me. Im hoping my case officer was just giving me the worst case timeframe as this wait is hellish

Have you chased it with your co? seems that helps.

Yes I chased two weeks ago when I reached the 5month mark & she replied back "we are looking at the end of December."

It does suck. From what I can figure, the applications are given to CO's as they come in, and each CO then grants whats on their desk according to his/her desk only. They also have a quota which they can grant per day, and can't catch up if they are off sick or on holidays. (I could be totally wrong but this is how it appears to me.) So AB has been healthy all year ans saved his holidays for the end of the year, and is granting late June applicants now. As for my CO, she was off sick and had holidays earlier in the year, and as suck she is running later on her grants. So when Australian house say they are granted in the order they are recieved, this is not so true, really they are granted in the order they hit the CO's desk irrespective of when other CO's are granting. When we chased her up last week we were told 'closer to the 6 months from application'. Her last grant on the SS was 164 days, so I am hoping Tuesday will be our day.

On the other side, in an attempt to keep my mind of the grant, I have all my chrissie shopping done, and cards written.

I have my visa!!!! :biggrin:Unsure how relevant it is to everyone on here as I applied via my London based agent through the auckland embassy in NZ. But am told the processing times are pretty much the same!!!

total processing time for our application is just under 5 months! Soooo happy!

now to get planning, hopefully be out there just after crimbo!!!

For all those still waiting, have faith it is coming and is defo worth the long wait!!!

It does suck. From what I can figure, the applications are given to CO's as they come in, and each CO then grants whats on their desk according to his/her desk only. They also have a quota which they can grant per day, and can't catch up if they are off sick or on holidays. (I could be totally wrong but this is how it appears to me.) So AB has been healthy all year ans saved his holidays for the end of the year, and is granting late June applicants now. As for my CO, she was off sick and had holidays earlier in the year, and as suck she is running later on her grants. So when Australian house say they are granted in the order they are recieved, this is not so true, really they are granted in the order they hit the CO's desk irrespective of when other CO's are granting. When we chased her up last week we were told 'closer to the 6 months from application'. Her last grant on the SS was 164 days, so I am hoping Tuesday will be our day.

On the other side, in an attempt to keep my mind of the grant, I have all my chrissie shopping done, and cards written.

There's also the complicating factor that some COs are over-represented on here and some are under-represented, so we're likely getting only a small picture of what's going on. Our CO seems to only have a couple of others on here, one who applied the same day as us, and we've been told late December/early Jan when we'd previously been told late Nov/early Dec, so who knows. We will be emailing this week to give her our flight dates and ask if there's an update though. It certainly can't hurt!

My case officer VF certainly seems to be a bit unrepresented on this forum too

I wouldn't worry about that. My case officer from 2009-10 had unusual initials and I never saw him mentioned once on this forum. He still seemed helpful and prompt. I think there must be many, many case officers in AH and I'm guessing it is quite a short tour of duty so there would be high turnover.