SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi All!

This is my first post to this great thread. I'm currently onshore on a Bridging Visa, came over to Australia on a WHV over two years ago, just had a remaining relative application refused and have applied to the MRT so as to remain onshore. We lodged our decision ready 309 application offshore 13th August, confirmation was sent from PS 16th August with 8-9 month timeframe. Spoke to PS today, he said all looked fine, I'm guessing it will be granted mid May.

Guest guest76950

Hi there

can any one help im 2 months in to my off shore partner visa application and i got the 8-9 months wait im in sydney now with my gf on a 12 month tourist visa 1st thing is it ok to open up an australian bank account on a tourist visa???my gf thinks it might effect my partner visa i cant see how and id also like to do my motorcycle license here while im on a tourist does any one know if any of this will effect my off shore partner visa

thanks guys

Guest GeorgeD
Hi there

can any one help im 2 months in to my off shore partner visa application and i got the 8-9 months wait im in sydney now with my gf on a 12 month tourist visa 1st thing is it ok to open up an australian bank account on a tourist visa???my gf thinks it might effect my partner visa i cant see how and id also like to do my motorcycle license here while im on a tourist does any one know if any of this will effect my off shore partner visa

thanks guys

Hi

None of those things will effect your visa application. I'm not sure how easy it is to do either of them on a tourist visa ( I honestly don't know!), but they will have no adverse effect on your visa. From memory NSW needs tourists to have been resident in the state for 6 months before applying for licences http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/visitorstonsw/gettingnswlicence.html

I don't know too much about the bank account or licence thing, but they don't mean anything to your visa application (unless you commit a crime like giving fraudulent info on the application of course!)

Edited by GeorgeD

Hi there

thanks guys

Dean

You can open a bank account online,I did mines while in the uk,plus you dont get any charges for the first 12mths.But you can only deposit funds into the account.Until you can fully activate the account when in Aus.Whats the rush with the license surely that can wait.Good luck.

Hey guys, haven't been on here for a while, been busy preparing for the big move, selling, sorting and saving lol!

By the sounds of things it all seems to be going great for everyone, the grants seem to be coming along nicely, that's what we like to hear, it a matter of weeks now for us t get our grant, it's so exciting hey, well good luck to everyone else, i'l keep you guys updated with our grant, does anyone have a link for the spreadsheet to show us what date we applied please?

I am 5 months as well now. Hoping it comes before long. I'm on oz on a tourist visa now and loving aus, but really want to get going with looking for job etc .

Hey mate, good to see your there already, what date was it again that you appied because if i'm not mistaken we applied the same day/week! Are you going to be contacting LG anytime soon? If so how would you word it, it's just i'm unsure of how to put 'THE QUESTION' lol

Hey guys, haven't been on here for a while, been busy preparing for the big move, selling, sorting and saving lol!

By the sounds of things it all seems to be going great for everyone, the grants seem to be coming along nicely, that's what we like to hear, it a matter of weeks now for us t get our grant, it's so exciting hey, well good luck to everyone else, i'l keep you guys updated with our grant, does anyone have a link for the spreadsheet to show us what date we applied please?

See post6524 on pg 653, on my ph at the mo and don't know how to copy and paste link,

I lodged my application on 18th June and was told 5-6 months. I contacted my case officer today (VF) since it is now 5 months and she replied back "We are looking at the end of the December." The embassy is closed from 24th December - 2nd January so if she doesn't grant it before the xmas period then I guess it will be January before I get it. My husband is in Australia and we have been apart since June. As you can imagine each day is a drag so I'm very disappointed to receive this email from my CO.

Hi Everyone. Great forum, really helpful!

Submitted my visa on the 12th November and have been assigned VF as my CO. Still in a bit of shock over the 8-9 month time wait. I'd spoken to someone at the embassy 2 months ago and was told 6ish months and so booked my wedding in Perth for early September.

In the worst case scenario if it doesn't go through to August I'm either going to have to go out early on a tourist visa or plan it all from UK. Not quite how i imagined it.

For anyone who has gone out on a Working Holiday Visa whilst waiting for their Spousal visa to come through... how was the job situation for you? Were you able to get a job on the WHV that could be carried through once your Spousal visa was approved? I really don't want to be in Oz for a long period of time and be unemployed.

Hey mate, good to see your there already, what date was it again that you appied because if i'm not mistaken we applied the same day/week! Are you going to be contacting LG anytime soon? If so how would you word it, it's just i'm unsure of how to put 'THE QUESTION' lol

Hi, I applied around 13 June and had acknowledgement of my case from Australia House on18th June, I'vehad email correspondence with LG since, the latest being around a couple of months ago and she said they were looking at nearer 6 than 5 months which would take us up to mid December. Looking at the email above re "end of December " grant for someone else who submitted around the same time, i would say the response from Australia House to a chasing email may be likely to disappoint !

I'm in Oz now on a tourist visa but naturally am extremely keen to try and secure a job and start working before the Christmas .

January , being summer holiday time, s pretty much dead so far as trying to secure work is concerned as decision makers are usually away on their hols. Rather disappointing.

Hi, I applied around 13 June and had acknowledgement of my case from Australia House on18th June, I'vehad email correspondence with LG since, the latest being around a couple of months ago and she said they were looking at nearer 6 than 5 months which would take us up to mid December. Looking at the email above re "end of December " grant for someone else who submitted around the same time, i would say the response from Australia House to a chasing email may be likely to disappoint !

I'm in Oz now on a tourist visa but naturally am extremely keen to try and secure a job and start working before the Christmas .

January , being summer holiday time, s pretty much dead so far as trying to secure work is concerned as decision makers are usually away on their hols. Rather disappointing.

They should have just told us June applicants it will be 6 months then we would never have got our hopes up for 5 :( I thought though they have to grant in the the time frame stated so the latest it could be is around your 6 month date unless you have issues with your application. So for us around the mid June mark it should be mid December latest. Anyone know if that is the case?

Hi Everyone. Great forum, really helpful!

Submitted my visa on the 12th November and have been assigned VF as my CO. Still in a bit of shock over the 8-9 month time wait. I'd spoken to someone at the embassy 2 months ago and was told 6ish months and so booked my wedding in Perth for early September.

In the worst case scenario if it doesn't go through to August I'm either going to have to go out early on a tourist visa or plan it all from UK. Not quite how i imagined it.

For anyone who has gone out on a Working Holiday Visa whilst waiting for their Spousal visa to come through... how was the job situation for you? Were you able to get a job on the WHV that could be carried through once your Spousal visa was approved? I really don't want to be in Oz for a long period of time and be unemployed.

Hi

i submitted mid Oct and have been quoted the 8-9 month wait.

i actually have a job to go to (started looking from here in the uk whilst preparing visa docs and managed to find something within a week ) so I'm looking at going out on a WHV while we wait for my visa.

not sure of any others who have done it that way as most seem to go out on a tourist visa so would be good to hear anyone else's experience of it.

Guest GeorgeD
Hi

i submitted mid Oct and have been quoted the 8-9 month wait.

i actually have a job to go to (started looking from here in the uk whilst preparing visa docs and managed to find something within a week ) so I'm looking at going out on a WHV while we wait for my visa.

not sure of any others who have done it that way as most seem to go out on a tourist visa so would be good to hear anyone else's experience of it.

Yes, you can go out on a WHV..many people use the tourist visa as they aren't eligible for the WHV...they are either too old or used their WHV previously (and probably met their partner!)

Basically the same rules apply...if you apply Offshore you need to be Offshore at time of grant, so you would need to leave Oz and return once your Offshore visa is granted.

They should have just told us June applicants it will be 6 months then we would never have got our hopes up for 5 :( I thought though they have to grant in the the time frame stated so the latest it could be is around your 6 month date unless you have issues with your application. So for us around the mid June mark it should be mid December latest. Anyone know if that is the case?

Unfortunately the time frame is only a guideline :-( so when they say 5-6 months it could be more or less due to holidays ir sick leave etc

We were last told end of December as well. We're going to email at the 5 month point to tell her our flight dates in the hope that she can grant before then.

The O/H emailed our case officer today MT and she says that our application is in the finalization pile and should be granted mid december.

hope this helps you MNG75 :biggrin:

Hi All,

I sent my application on 16th June. CO (SV) appointed on 21st June and was told 5-6 months. Just passed the 5 months mark.

I just want to ask from you guys, How they granted the visa? I mean whether i have to send the passport to visa office ? or they issue a visa card?

Thanks