SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I had LG - I didn't automatically get the "no further information required email" so I fished for it :-). I left it a couple of weeks after my medical and asked her whether she had received it and whether she needed anything else and she confirmed in a roundabout way that she had everything and that I just had to wait the allotted time. I think you only need to worry if they keep badgering you for more documents etc. Easy for me to say now that I've got my visa :-) - it's just that long, excrutiating wait!!!

Thanks for this - how long did it take for your visa to be granted?

You're right about the wait being excruciating... I don't realistically expect to hear anything before 6 months (which is Janurary).. but its reassuring to keep abreast of previous waits with the same CO..

Hi guys, just want to say hello and add my update. Im Australian, Girlfriend is British we are from the Wolverhampton/Birmingham area. We just submitted a defacto visa application for her offshore in London last week, we already have case officer and have already had all our stuff returned to us. Hopefully that means they have enough information?

The letter we got back said it would be at least 8-9 months and we shouldnt get the medical done until Feb so it doesnt expire while we are waiting.

These time frames are ok for us, however my girlfriend is a teacher she needs to resign by end of May 2013 otherwise these is not another window until it will be too late to get a job in Australia for the new school year. We hope to move in September next year give her time to settle and look for work.

Will we be able to get an indication that our visa will be approved but we just have to wait our turn? If so she can resign, she is understandably nervous about quiting before the visa comes in in case it is rejected.

Also any secondary teachers on here able to advise her about how to go about getting a job?

THanks

Hi guys, just want to say hello and add my update. Im Australian, Girlfriend is British we are from the Wolverhampton/Birmingham area. We just submitted a defacto visa application for her offshore in London last week, we already have case officer and have already had all our stuff returned to us. Hopefully that means they have enough information?

The letter we got back said it would be at least 8-9 months and we shouldnt get the medical done until Feb so it doesnt expire while we are waiting.

These time frames are ok for us, however my girlfriend is a teacher she needs to resign by end of May 2013 otherwise these is not another window until it will be too late to get a job in Australia for the new school year. We hope to move in September next year give her time to settle and look for work.

Will we be able to get an indication that our visa will be approved but we just have to wait our turn? If so she can resign, she is understandably nervous about quiting before the visa comes in in case it is rejected.

Also any secondary teachers on here able to advise her about how to go about getting a job?

THanks

Hello again (you replied to my thread on LIV forum - initials NG). I'm going to PM you with some info.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say.....WHERE IS OUR VISA??????

Ahh, that's better.

As I put on my signature bit on the bottom of this post, we were promised end of Oct. but maybe a change in ce officer has delayed us.

Will keep you posted, hopefully have news any day now. I will keep watching this thread as always.

Katy xx

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOO :jiggy:Visa for hubby has finally been granted. Applied for on 21st May and approved ( 100 - CO: AB) on 30th October!

So excited can't believe it is actually happening, only thing to do now is sell this house ( fingers, toes and everything else crossed that someone falls in love with it soon)

BOOM!!! congrats!!

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOO :jiggy:Visa for hubby has finally been granted. Applied for on 21st May and approved ( 100 - CO: AB) on 30th October!

So excited can't believe it is actually happening, only thing to do now is sell this house ( fingers, toes and everything else crossed that someone falls in love with it soon)

Welcome aboard. From what I've read people tell their CO when they intend to resign and fly out so the visa can be granted.

If she resigns in May the visa should be granted in August and you should be able to shift out to Oz in Sep...

THanks

Woohoo! Hopefully we're only about 6 weeks away then!

Good luck with the house, we've been on since February, lost a buyer and are still waiting for another. We're going in January regardless, but financially really need to sell soon.

Hi guys, Really wanted to post on Monday but was soooo busy! My visa was granted at 10am on the 5th November!! Yay. Now to pack. Shipping stuff on Friday and then flying to Brisbane on Monday! Good luck to the rest of yas still waiting!! x

Good Luck!

Hi all,

After my moan the other day, I can now finally say.......WE GOT IT!!!!!!!!! Yay! Subclass 100 as promised.

We feel very relieved, house going on the market in the new year. How exciting!

I will add stats to the Dave S spreadsheet .

Congrats to all fellow grantees!

Katy xx

Hi everyone!

I've not really been on for a while so thought I would give an update. Two weeks ago I hadn't heard anything from my CO after having done my medicals and sending in my police certificate back in September. Given we're having to pack things up soon to go travelling I went fishing for information and asked my CO if there was likely to be anything else needed as I wouldn't have access to my paperwork soon. It was a success! I didn't get an official letter from him or anything but he responded to confirm that he didn't need anything further at the moment. Also, I cheekily asked if he was able to tell me whether I was being assessed for the 309 or 100 and he confirmed the 100! I was really unsure whether we would get that as we don't have children and have only been married for 2 years. We've were in a defacto for two years prior and I was really careful about the evidence that I put in to make sure I could back up that length of time but still...I had heard that unless you had been married for years and years it was rare to get the 100 without kids.

yay!!! :jiggy:

Guest MrsWooky
Thanks for this - how long did it take for your visa to be granted?

You're right about the wait being excruciating... I don't realistically expect to hear anything before 6 months (which is Janurary).. but its reassuring to keep abreast of previous waits with the same CO..

I submitted all the stuff on about the 2nd May, money taken immediately and initial letter from CO about mid May so it took about 6 months from submission (I was given a 5-6 month timeframe). I was lucky I applied before the end of year when the waiting times were pushed up to 6-8 months. I meant to say before, I also fished about whether I would be granted the 309 or the 100 and she confirmed at the time I was being "assessed" for the 100 which was great too. LG does appear to be a bit more reticent in the language she uses! She doesn't say things like "it will be 5-6 months before your grant" so you are still on tenterhooks even know you know you're going to get it - until you have confirmation, there's always a bit of doubt - human nature.

Good luck - it will fly by and you'll have it before you know it! :-)

Hi all,

We submitted our application on Monday, we still had police checks from last time (for UK & Oz) and so these were submitted.

I was granted PR in April this year, but we were 2 months short on cohabitation evidence and my partner was removed from the initial application, hence now having to apply for her Partner visa.

05/11/2012: Partner (Temporary and Permanent) (subclass 309 and 100) visa application posted to the London High Commission (in a very large sized box!)

08/11/2012 - Visa fee taken from credit card

09/11/2012 - E-mail received from case officer (SV) advising that character & health checks should not be completed until after 08/02/13 & that therefore the existing UK & OZ police checks (which expire in January 2013) are going to be invalid.

13/11/2012 - Documents (original documents, invitations & greeting cards) returned.

09/02/2013 - Visa medical undertaken

13/02/2013 - Police checks (UK & OZ) applied for

21/02/2013 - UK Police check received

13/03/2013 - Still no OZ Police check received, contacted AFP who allegedly hadn't received e-mail, e-mail resent.

14/03/2013 - OZ Police check fee taken from card

12/04/2013 - Still awaiting Oz police check from AFP...

19/04/2013 - AFP Police check received, sent straight to case officer

25/04/2013 - Case officer responded to advise that 'all required documents have been received and assessed and, therefore, your visa will be granted in 8 to 9 months after lodgement date. This time frame is based the number of applications currently awaiting processing and planning levels available under the family stream of the Australian migration program.'

27/05/2013 - VISA GRANTED! Now to find some flights, pack up our lives and get out there! :)

Edited by Rapged
Update

Hi

For information for those looking and interested......

Application submitted 1/11

High Commission received 2/11

Payment taken 2/11

CO assigned 5/11 (after the weekend) with email and attached generic letter stating all official information

Email letter stating health and character checks will only be required after 1/02/13

Some personal evidence submitted (photos etc) returned and received 8/11

Anything more will maintain a timeline :)

Hi guys, finally got around to posting in our application :biggrin:

Here's our timeline - does anyone know if there's still an excel document going around?

05/11/2012 - Posted to Aust House

07/11/2012 - Payment taken

08/11/2012 - Case officer assigned - SV

10/11/2012 - Documents returned

...and now we wait. ETA 8/9 months. SV did get our email incorrect, so didn't realise we'd been assigned until we got the parcel with a print out of the email...with the wrong address (?!?) have now emailed her with the correct email and hope there won't be any further hiccups.

Good luck everyone x

Hi guys, finally got around to posting in our application :biggrin:

Here's our timeline - does anyone know if there's still an excel document going around?

05/11/2012 - Posted to Aust House

07/11/2012 - Payment taken

08/11/2012 - Case officer assigned - SV

10/11/2012 - Documents returned

...and now we wait. ETA 8/9 months. SV did get our email incorrect, so didn't realise we'd been assigned until we got the parcel with a print out of the email...with the wrong address (?!?) have now emailed her with the correct email and hope there won't be any further hiccups.

Good luck everyone x

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE#gid=0