SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi Ems & Squarepusher,

We lodged our application last week and have just been notified that KP is our case officer as well.

He's asking for more proof of relationship, so I'm starting to stress!!!

Hi skippy chick.

We were ok with the financial side of the evidence as I just sent a selection of joint account statement etc but had a bit of a stress over the social stuff while preparing the application. So hard to think of things to evidence that socially your considered a couple. We went for statements from a couple of friends and luckily I had kept cards etc addressed to both of us from our niece so I sent that as we don't tend to keep ordinary Christmas cards or things.

Hope this is the last request for info you get - we haven't been asked for anything additional so hope he has everything he needs.

Think I may press on and get police checks and medical done so that everything is done and let him know that and see if he can advise if the WHV would work as an interim measure so that I could start my job in jan.

Hi all,

Have come across this thread in the last week or so andit is shedding so much light on the dark situation of partner visas! Great tohear the experiences of others in the same boat...

I am from the UK and applied for a Prospective Marriage Visaon 5/9/12 at Australia House, London. At the time of submitting our application, my fiancé and I believed the processing time to still be 5-6 months, andso set our marriage date with our celebrant for 10/5/13. We were soon informedby our CO (VF) that processing is 9 months, meaning that the wedding datesubmitted on our NOIM and letter from celebrant is approx. 1 month before weshould even expect the PMV to be granted! It is not a problem at all to myfiancé and I to change our marriage date to one further in the future, but Iwas just wondering if the fact our wedding date falls 8 months into processingwill somehow mean we can expect the visa to be granted by that date?! Wishfulthinking?! Will our CO simply expect us to push the wedding date back?

Any thoughts are greatly welcomed!

Hi all,

Have come across this thread in the last week or so andit is shedding so much light on the dark situation of partner visas! Great tohear the experiences of others in the same boat...

I am from the UK and applied for a Prospective Marriage Visaon 5/9/12 at Australia House, London. At the time of submitting our application, my fiancé and I believed the processing time to still be 5-6 months, andso set our marriage date with our celebrant for 10/5/13. We were soon informedby our CO (VF) that processing is 9 months, meaning that the wedding datesubmitted on our NOIM and letter from celebrant is approx. 1 month before weshould even expect the PMV to be granted! It is not a problem at all to myfiancé and I to change our marriage date to one further in the future, but Iwas just wondering if the fact our wedding date falls 8 months into processingwill somehow mean we can expect the visa to be granted by that date?! Wishfulthinking?! Will our CO simply expect us to push the wedding date back?

Any thoughts are greatly welcomed!

Hey kkr, welcome! I am similar to you, we submitted in Sept also! I think unfortunatly that is wishful thinking...If that were the case, I would have my date set for today to get my man here ASAP! haha. But I know what you mean, it IS close to the potential grant date...but no I dont think that would allowed you to "skip the queue" essentially...

Is your fiance also in England?

Hey kkr, welcome! I am similar to you, we submitted in Sept also! I think unfortunatly that is wishful thinking...If that were the case, I would have my date set for today to get my man here ASAP! haha. But I know what you mean, it IS close to the potential grant date...but no I dont think that would allowed you to "skip the queue" essentially...

Is your fiance also in England?

Yes, wishful thinking, indeed! I know I am just clinging on to any hope of a faster grant date...shall drop that hope now!

I am actually in Melbourne with my fiance. Here on a tourist visa for the time-being. I take it you are going to the UK in November? Hope we will be able to track each other's progress along the way, given that you/your fiance have submitted just a day before me!

We were ok with the financial side of the evidence as I just sent a selection of joint account statement etc but had a bit of a stress over the social stuff while preparing the application. So hard to think of things to evidence that socially your considered a couple. We went for statements from a couple of friends and luckily I had kept cards etc addressed to both of us from our niece so I sent that as we don't tend to keep ordinary Christmas cards or things.

Hope this is the last request for info you get - we haven't been asked for anything additional so hope he has everything he needs.

Think I may press on and get police checks and medical done so that everything is done and let him know that and see if he can advise if the WHV would work as an interim measure so that I could start my job in jan.

Morning Ems!

Well, I had a bit of a sleepless night last night, racking my brain as to what else we can include. Our situation is a little different, in so much as I've had to work in London for the last year, and D works in Cornwall. Have provided a statement of account from the train company with each of the train fares, phone bills showing at least one call per day etc, statements from our joint account, holiday itineraries, medical / travel insurance etc, correspondence with our Cornwall address on it etc etc. Problem is, is that D pays for the utilities/mortgage down there and I pay for the utilities/rent on my London flat. We've got a whole heap of personal correspondence (post marked etc), but they want more of the official stuff. Work is letting me relocate down there from mid-Nov, so we've already put me on the council tax, which we'll provide to him. Also doing up wills.

I've emailed KP with a list of other stuff that I can provide, and hopefully he'll advise that that'll be enough... fingers crossed!!!!

I've got my fingers crossed for you too. Hopefully he'll ok your WHV so you can get over there asap! Where are you moving to?

Guest guest72634

Depart for granted letter received. Woohoo! :-)

Just booked 3 days holidays to New Zealand for middle Nov. Looks like i will need to start job hunting soon :-(

Guest Vixenpops
Congratulations!!!! How exciting!! I can barely wait, i'm coming up for 5 months in a few days. What are your plans now Vixenpops?

Flying today - land In Brisbane friday then house hunting and job hunting ready for our new lives

We applied in May so just over 5 months waiting which felt like ages but now feels like its gone really quick (weird huh)

Just over 4 months after application, not getting much from our agent - other than it is likely to be close to the full 6 month wait now. I have become obsessed with looking at my calender and calculating all the possibilities for when we might get the decision/grant, it is a little unhealthy!

Yes, wishful thinking, indeed! I know I am just clinging on to any hope of a faster grant date...shall drop that hope now!

I am actually in Melbourne with my fiance. Here on a tourist visa for the time-being. I take it you are going to the UK in November? Hope we will be able to track each other's progress along the way, given that you/your fiance have submitted just a day before me!

Ah, your very lucky that you can stay together at the moment. Yep one week today and I will be giving my fiance the tightest hug ever - I may kill him. ;) Only able to get 2 weeks of work at this stage, but will be planning another trip before the grant.

My fiance is debating whether to come back on a tourist visa in say, March, and if it is financially viable (eg. one income!) or even if it is worth it considering we may get the grant in April. Plus he has had quite a few tourist visas in his time, he would hate to be knocked back!

There are a couple of us that submitted the first week of Sept - TheGreatDane is one and Steve2012 is another. So it will be interesting to see who gets their grant when!

Flying today - land In Brisbane friday then house hunting and job hunting ready for our new lives

We applied in May so just over 5 months waiting which felt like ages but now feels like its gone really quick (weird huh)

AWESOME!!! Best of luck. I applied 25th May, and flying to Brisbane also (on the 12th November) and gonna be doing the same lol. Best of luck for it. Let us know how it goes!!

Guest Chelsea976

Hi All,

Ive not been on in a while as have been flat out getting ready for move but heres an update...

We booked our flights for the 7th of Nov so we contacted CO to advise who told us she would be able to tell us more at the 5 month mark which was 22/10/12, My husband chased on the 23rd and the reply back was it going to be approved by the 29th of Oct!!

Such a relief to have this done before we get to Perth, Not sure if booking the flights and chasing the CO has made any difference but its pretty much on the 5 month mark.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting :wink:

Guest Redster

Hi, been reading this thread for ages now. Finally submitted on the 28/05/2012 with a 5-6 month wait period, so we finally coming close to the date for an end to the waiting.

It occurred to me yesterday, upon being asked by my OH, that I may be assuming, since we have not been asked for further information since the medicals, that the granting is a forgone conclusion. Am I being naive in this? Does anybody know of an occasion where an applicant was waiting only to then be informed the application had been rejected? I assume they would have rejected earlier if they were going to. Please tell me I'm right.

Also, happened to read the first page of replies on this thread, back when it started, early 2009, people were waiting only a month. It would make you cry :)

Guest guest76950

hi there

just wonding if i needed more evidance of the our relationship would my case worker ask me b4 or after getting my medical and police check or is the med and police check the last thing they ask for can anyone help

thanks dean

We applied mid may. Have just been told by our case officer that its closer to the 6 mnth mark. We told her our flight leaves 7days after the 6mnth timeframe is up and she said your visa will be granted definately before your flight leaves. This last 4 weeks is going to be the longest 4 weeks of our lives. We find ourselves looking at this thread everyday to see people progress. Check our emails every few hours as well. Never thought Id be like this.

The wait might now be blessing, the other half has got the idea in his head this week we should move to the outback- not NSW where he is from, family and friends are based - just to have an 'adventure' ...I might need a bit longer to take the idea back out of his head!!

hi there

just wonding if i needed more evidance of the our relationship would my case worker ask me b4 or after getting my medical and police check or is the med and police check the last thing they ask for can anyone help

thanks dean

They would ask you before the medical,because getting the med is the final stage after they have all the info that they need from you.someone please correct me if i am wrong!

Hi, been reading this thread for ages now. Finally submitted on the 28/05/2012 with a 5-6 month wait period, so we finally coming close to the date for an end to the waiting.

It occurred to me yesterday, upon being asked by my OH, that I may be assuming, since we have not been asked for further information since the medicals, that the granting is a forgone conclusion. Am I being naive in this? Does anybody know of an occasion where an applicant was waiting only to then be informed the application had been rejected? I assume they would have rejected earlier if they were going to. Please tell me I'm right.

Also, happened to read the first page of replies on this thread, back when it started, early 2009, people were waiting only a month. It would make you cry :)

Hey Redster I had the same thought. We have heard nothing since the medicals etc... my fiance overstayed on a visa in Aus a while back and we were worried that would hinder our application. I am willing to move to England should we not get the visa obviously, however I would be very mad if I ended up waiting the full 8-9 months just to be totally let down, and then have to organise to get me over there on a working visa etc. From prior advice, other members have told me that you will be notified if they plan to reject your visa... because it gives you a chance to get them some more evidence before they fully close your application.

Fiance started to say last night "I guess England wouldnt be too bad now that I've got you" and I'm like "dont go there buddy, we'll only consider that if we get rejected!"

PS - you might not get many answers about this as I dont think there are many people out there that have got rejected! I looked up the rejection rate for the PMV and it was 9% - the majority of those rejections being "assumed forced or arranged marriages for immigration purposes".

Edited by littlekitty

Guest GeorgeD

You're probably right, tehre is no issue with your visa and it will be granted no porblem. Did you have plenty of evidence? If you did, then there really is no reason for your CO to contact you other than tell you it has been granted. COs tend not to be the chatty types as they no doubt have a mountain of work to do. If you have any doubts though, feel free to contact your CO and ask them if they require any further information. Do it by phone. An email can be ignored easily but a minute on the phone can confirm they have enough info and they might even be in a position to give you an estimated grant date.

With regards to the PMV refusal rates...the PMV has much less strict requirements than the Spouse Visa, so I would expect the refusal rate to be pretty low. basically if you have met in person, can speak the same language and can show an intention to marry then that is about all you need. It's only a 9 month visa anyway...even if you do get married, because you still have to apply for the Spouse Visa and be tested against its criteria at the end of the 9 months to be able to remain in Oz.

Hi everyone,

First off, Congratulations to all of you who have made the move over to down under, and good luck to all of us who are going through the application process :)

Thought i'd introduce myself here, I actually only found this site after we we submitted our application, lots of useful stuff on here :)

Anyhow, about me, i'm the one being sponsored, my wife is the Aussie :) in April, we'll have been married three years, we've been doing lots of thinking whether we move over or not, and finally bit the bullet, and decided we'd like to go :)

Application posted 22/10/12, payment taken 23/10/12, PS assigned as CO today 26/10 /12

We've been told it's 8-9 months, which kinda suits us nicely as we've got a few family functions going on up until mid-August, so we're not too concerned about the length of time the application process is currently taking, just glad we got in before the price hike :)

Peace!

Edited by Clutchplate

Hi, I asked this same question a few months ago. The reply I got was pretty much that if they have an issue they will ask for further info to give you the best chance for a grant. And once you receive 'no further info required' email, then it's just a matter of waiting. I have been reading this thread for about 6 months, during which time I haven't heard/read of any refusals. I could be making the same assumption as you, but going from what I've seen/read it's a pretty safe conclusion.