SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest tomo66

thanks barb11, you may be right however there does appear to be a slight variation to their standard line, such as bec and tarsos app they said "we shall process apps in the order that we recieve" By the way have you sent everything in? or do they still require more documents or info from you? If you are just waiting for it to be granted, cant see it taking longer than mid June, I reckon,

Tomo66

thanks barb11, you may be right however there does appear to be a slight variation to their standard line, such as bec and tarsos app they said "we shall process apps in the order that we recieve" By the way have you sent everything in? or do they still require more documents or info from you? If you are just waiting for it to be granted, cant see it taking longer than mid June, I reckon,

Tomo66

@tomo66, they haven't requested anything else. We'll see

Guest johnnt

Hi folks, first post and all' but here is my situation regarding 309...

I submitted my application on the 15th April, got CO on the 17th with the standard letter. The letter said an average processing time of "3 Months".

The email also requested further information which all in all we managed to provide by the 24th April. On the 24th we had an interview where our CO said he would be approving the application we just needed to get the police checks sent in (we had already front loaded the meds).

On the 24th i also asked about the processing times and he said average was 4-12 weeks. The police checks were sent off and received on the 28th April and since then we have not heard anything further from the CO.

I am hoping that we hear soon as we're gaggin' to get over there !!

J

Guest tomo66

thanks for the info johnnt, I found it quite encouraging, your c/o sounds pretty helpful, I know how you feel with all the waiting and all, you may be the first "April approval", let us know when you cross the line, good luck

Tomo66

Guest johnnt

yeah will do, it better not be 12 weeks !!

does anyone know if there is any pattern to how these things are approved i.e. always towards the end of the month etc, or is it just completely random as and when type of thing??

J

Guest Nadjez

hi guys good luck to everyone, you are all spouse partnership are you? the intial entry date you guys were talking about that wouldnt count for prospective marrige visas does anyone no?

was aiming to be in oz with shane end of july but maybe i should get things going , if they so take 3 months, just i herd spuuse marriage take ing few weeks, , but i have to wait at least 5 weeks anyway to hear froma test before i can do anything, ooohhh

Hi, here's my application story...

sent 309: 17th April (front loaded with meds and police checks)

Received and payment taken: 20th April

CO contact: 23th April requesting more evidence

Further evidence sent: 27th April

CO requested further evidence: 29th April

Further evidence sent: 9th May

CO contact stating enough evidence and requesting phone interview: 13th May

Phone interview arranged for: 18th May

Anyone else had a phone interview? What kind of questions did they ask?

Guest johnnt

My GF had a telephone interview. I am sponsoring her so they only needed to inteview her. It went on for about 30mins and she said it was pretty full on. He wasnt trying to catch her out or anything like that, he just asked a lot of questions. It was almost like he did not have or had never read the case notes and she had to explain the whole relationship to him.

I think the key to the interview is to relax and be honest. If the application and relationship is genuine then there is nothing to worry about. I believe that most people get an interview when applying for a 309 visa.

J

Guest sr1992

Pinkk8, is yours a Spouse, Defacto or prospective marriage 309? Just for info.

Cheers and all the best for the 18th. I also support Johnnt, if its genunie then there is nothing to worry about, all they are looking for in the Interview is details that dont match the application.

Guest sr1992

Just updated the list to include everyones posts and updates, it seems completely random as to how long it takes to be contacted RE interview and more info.

I believe it really depends whos desk your application lands on... (ie, we sent ours in fully front loaded on April 3, apart from acknowlegement of reciept, we have had no contact)

Keep us posted on any progress of you application so we can all be informed and try to manage our lives through this transtion period...

Cheers, Steve

Guest tomo66

just read the posts about phone interviews, does anybody know whether they ask everyone as standard for an interview or not? we are applying for a pr visa(we have an 18 month old), just a reminder of our timeline

24th april sent app with health check

may 11th c/o contact with request for police checks and form 80

13th may sent police checks and form 80

no reply yet, it has only been a few days though :SLEEP:, just waiting and hoping that the form 80 does not slow things down, we want to travel sometime in june, realistic enough? and thanks to steve for setting up this very useful thread, and I tend to agree with u about the randomness of everyones timelines.

Guest sr1992

Tomo66, I think it really depends on the strength of your application, from my understanding from other threads, some are 5min general Q's and some are more comprehensive 30min in depth probing... I guess if they are more convinced from the paperwork they feel less inclined to go deeper on the interview...

No probs, were all in the same situation so lets help each other by sharing our experience! Thanks also for your useful contributions. :)

Guest johnnt
just read the posts about phone interviews, does anybody know whether they ask everyone as standard for an interview or not? we are applying for a pr visa(we have an 18 month old), just a reminder of our timeline

24th april sent app with health check

may 11th c/o contact with request for police checks and form 80

13th may sent police checks and form 80

no reply yet, it has only been a few days though :SLEEP:, just waiting and hoping that the form 80 does not slow things down, we want to travel sometime in june, realistic enough? and thanks to steve for setting up this very useful thread, and I tend to agree with u about the randomness of everyones timelines.

Just for info, my GF's application was quite weak in terms of joint bank a/c and joint bills. We really had none of this information as we really hadn't thought about it a year or so ago when we moved in together. We therefore had to use things like official documents that had my name on, or her name on for the same address. In terms of evidence our application was borderline which our CO said in the interview.

I'm sure if the application is strong and you have the "type" of information they are looking for then the interview will probably be easier and quicker.

J

Guest sr1992

:biggrin:GREAT NEWS, our 309 was approved on Friday May 15!

(wife/applicant was away and hadn't checked her email until just now).

This is good news for everyone following this thread, it took almost 6 weeks.

We did send a VERY comprehensive application (I like to be over cautious with these things), so no additional info or phone interview was requested. I think it took so long cause we sent so much stuff... (the Special Delivery envelope with our application weighed 2kg!)

Just to remind you of our timeline:

3rd April 2009: Sent Application (Fully front Loaded wtih PCs and Meds)

6th April 2009: C/O Replied & Payment taken

7th May: Got impatient and Phoned CO to check if more info is required, no information given other than standard line "3-4months processing time due to backlog of applications".

15 May: email from CO stating that the 309 was approved.

I really hope this approval give us a just a bit of hope that they arent sticking to the standard "3-4months" processing time.

ALL The best to everyone, were in the country for 2 more weeks, any questions, post me and I will do my best to respond.

Steve

:biggrin:GREAT NEWS, our 309 was approved on Friday May 15!

(wife/applicant was away and hadn't checked her email until just now).

This is good news for everyone following this thread, it took almost 6 weeks.

We did send a VERY comprehensive application (I like to be over cautious with these things), so no additional info or phone interview was requested. I think it took so long cause we sent so much stuff... (the Special Delivery envelope with our application weighed 2kg!)

Just to remind you of our timeline:

3rd April 2009: Sent Application (Fully front Loaded wtih PCs and Meds)

6th April 2009: C/O Replied & Payment taken

7th May: Got impatient and Phoned CO to check if more info is required, no information given other than standard line "3-4months processing time due to backlog of applications".

15 May: email from CO stating that the 309 was approved.

I really hope this approval give us a just a bit of hope that they arent sticking to the standard "3-4months" processing time.

ALL The best to everyone, were in the country for 2 more weeks, any questions, post me and I will do my best to respond.

Steve

Congrats, Steve! Fantastic News. Light at the end of the tunnel! :notworthy:

Guest sr1992

Many thanks, HUGE relief as we leave in 2 weeks for a 4 month trip around the EU before heading to AUS. This is 1 less thing we need to worry about! All the very best with yours, shouldnt be long now... You were 3 weeks after us with your application and there has been a LOT of activity from CO's in the last week. My fingers are crossed for you!

Many thanks, HUGE relief as we leave in 2 weeks for a 4 month trip around the EU before heading to AUS. This is 1 less thing we need to worry about! All the very best with yours, shouldnt be long now... You were 3 weeks after us with your application and there has been a LOT of activity from CO's in the last week. My fingers are crossed for you!

Thanks!

No immediate rush for us, we haven't even had one viewer for the house yet. We'd love to be in Oz by end September beginning October so the house is the main priority at the moment. Although to get the visa would be one thing off the list!

Guest Ozplorers

Thats great news sr1992, 6 week turn around... so working by that time scale hopefully we'll hear something by the end of the month.

Guest sr1992

Looking at your timeline, and assuming that your application was front loaded, I think thats a safe assumption.

All the best and keep us posted. With each application that is approved it helps us "guestimate" turn around times.

Steve

Guest irish ozie gang
Our timeline so far:

9th April - sent Spouse visa application via registered mail from Ireland

14th April - application received in London

15th April - money taken out of account

20th April - received photos back in the mail

5th May - rang Aus House, as we've had no confirmation of receipt (supposed to confirm within 3 weeks of receipt of application). The lovely lady said our application was with a case officer and we should hear something soon!

We frontloaded with meds & police checks (no form 80). We're hoping that because we haven't heard anything so far, we have submitted enough info for them to make a decision (hope I'm not jinxing anything here.....)

Good luck to all. :biggrin:

:jiggy:WE GOT OUR VISA!!!! Long story short, it was actually approved on 16th April - we just never received the email to say so (higher power at work???). So hang in there folks, it is happening!

Now for the mad rush to get out of here......