SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Chelsea976
Hi Chelsea

The parcel was signed for at 8.30am and the application fee is already out of my account! I'll now be regularly checking into my email for something from the CO...

John

Hey John,

Ours was signed for at 8:46 this morning!! and no money taken as of yet :/...will be checking my account regualary today!! wonder if we end up with same CO..would be funny :-)

Hey John,

Ours was signed for at 8:46 this morning!! and no money taken as of yet :/...will be checking my account regualary today!! wonder if we end up with same CO..would be funny :-)

Got my email from the CO. I have VF (anyone else have VF?). Asked for meds, police check and a copy of my fiancées UK visa. Waiting time is "5-6 months".

Right, time to get the meds booked!

Guest Chelsea976
Got my email from the CO. I have VF (anyone else have VF?). Asked for meds, police check and a copy of my fiancées UK visa. Waiting time is "5-6 months".

Crikey that was quick!! we've not heard anythig yet so hopefully ours is next!! how exciting!! keep us posted :biggrin:

Guest laroo76
Hi

We have just bought our one way tickets to oz, seems so real now!!! I am the Aussie have lived in London for almost 14 years now was only meant to stay 2 years, 12 years later finally heading home. Co (LG) has said hubby's permanent visa is likely to be granted in July. Anyway will be in Brisbane on the 6/12/2012 can hardly wait, all very exciting, so looking forward to being back home with family and friends and starting our new lives.

Good luck to everyone going through this whole process, it's an emotional roller coaster, but so worth it in the end!

Ness and Carl

Good luck guys! I am the Aussie and my hubby a pom, and have been over here in UK for over 10 year now. We said exactly the same, we will come work here for 2 years then head back to OZ, 10 years and 2 kids later, we are heading to Brisbane in July,, good luck with your trip. Although Im excited about going home, Im also very nervous as its been so long since we lived there, but Im sure it will be fine!!

Guest Courty7105

Have noticed the comments on here regarding the changes to Australian Immi laws - coming into affect in July. This has nothing at all to do with 309/100 visas. It is all about skilled migration visas. All our case officers deal with family visas only, so I would be baffled if this had any affect on us at all. Bazinga your correct, current Aus Immigration laws do not allow for 309/100 visas to be capped..... :biggrin:

Guest Bazinga

True, but someone's case officer said that it is July because there's only a handful of visa places left for this year. I wonder if they meant financial yr (oz is different to us) or if the 'visa year' is July to July.

Courty7105 is right, 309 can't be capped, but prospective marriage visas (300) are subject to capping. I think that was the case in the post from mrslp when they mentioned July and a handful of visas left. Shouldn't affect the 309/100 applications

Congrats on the flights Ness & Carl. Which airline are you going with?

Thanks DaveS

We booked our tickets with BA flying direct into Sydney then an internal flight up to Brisbane. I have been lucky to have accrued enough BA air miles to purchase two free one way tickets only had to pay for the taxes on each ticket. Have you booked your flights and where are you heading to?

Good luck guys! I am the Aussie and my hubby a pom, and have been over here in UK for over 10 year now. We said exactly the same, we will come work here for 2 years then head back to OZ, 10 years and 2 kids later, we are heading to Brisbane in July,, good luck with your trip. Although Im excited about going home, Im also very nervous as its been so long since we lived there, but Im sure it will be fine!!

Hi Laroo76

Thx you must be getting really excited not long now for you guys, I agree it's still so pretty daunting moving back and settling in again. Where in Brisbane do you plan to live? We have a house in Dakabin (north side) and my parents live in Hervey Bay we would prefer to be in Hervey Bay but it depends on where hubby can find work, there are probably more job opportunities in Brisbane so will most likely live there initially. Good luck with your move to Oz!

Guest laroo76
Hi Laroo76

Thx you must be getting really excited not long now for you guys, I agree it's still so pretty daunting moving back and settling in again. Where in Brisbane do you plan to live? We have a house in Dakabin (north side) and my parents live in Hervey Bay we would prefer to be in Hervey Bay but it depends on where hubby can find work, there are probably more job opportunities in Brisbane so will most likely live there initially. Good luck with your move to Oz!

How funny, I was living in Hervey Bay when I met my husband! I was working at one of the backpacker resorts and won a trip out to Fraser and thats where we met, ten years later and we are heading back. We dont really know Brisbane, so it will depend where my hubby finds work too, but I like the look of the Redland Bay/Victoria point area. My sister is half way between the GC and Brissie and my dad is down in Byron Bay. We will stay with my dad when we arrive then depending on where hubby finds work settle in Brisbane. I suggested moving back to HB too, but hubby felt he would feel a bit isolated and not be able to find work, so Brisbane it is! Do you guys have kids?

How funny, I was living in Hervey Bay when I met my husband! I was working at one of the backpacker resorts and won a trip out to Fraser and thats where we met, ten years later and we are heading back. We dont really know Brisbane, so it will depend where my hubby finds work too, but I like the look of the Redland Bay/Victoria point area. My sister is half way between the GC and Brissie and my dad is down in Byron Bay. We will stay with my dad when we arrive then depending on where hubby finds work settle in Brisbane. I suggested moving back to HB too, but hubby felt he would feel a bit isolated and not be able to find work, so Brisbane it is! Do you guys have kids?

Wow small world hey! Hubby loves Hervey Bay and wants to be near my family, but I think we have more chance of finding work if we settle in Brisbane. I also have family in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast. Bryon Bay is a stunning place we had a holiday there once as kids thought it was great! No family yet but that it is the plan, another reason for wanting to be close to my family, hopefully in the near future. My brother is in Hervey Bay also, I have 2 nieces one I have never seen and a nephew on the way due in June. So will be wonderful to be at home to spend time with them. Do you have any children?

Guest Bazinga

I know I keep banging on about it but if you are in the queue and have been told there are delays now after originally being given a specific date then do email your co, see what they can do and if that does not work; complain or get on to a supervisor.

We applied end of Jan. Was told May. Specifically after 23rd May, told by CO that I would be able to leave the country (was planning to come in on visitor) at end of May. Planned everything around this date, sons school etc only to be told days before we flew on April 16th that it would be July. Which meant $3500 in school fees and obviously I couldn't work. Came out anyway as all booked. Got son into school, after meetings with school it became clear my son needed OT input and another assessment but obviously on a tourist visa we couldn't access this. So emailed co on May 15 explaining how we had based everything around his date and not once had he warned me OT could change. he said he would talk to his supervisor. Next day I get an email saying we cam leave when ever we like, visa approved! So Mon flew to NZ, got the approval email and am now headed back home. So if you have any sort of case, email!

Guest mrslp

Bazinga, I actually rang my CO and told him it was all geared towards May and that I was leaving my job etc.

He said he simply can't do it til July but if we get married before then we can change to 309 visa.

Has anyone done this ? At least we wont have to apply for the 820 if we do that.

He also said I could go to Oz now as planned on a tourist visa, with a one way ticket, and it will be fine as the immi at the borders can see I have visa application in if they look at their systems and they are only concerned about overstayers.

Will have to leave Oz in July for visa grant but money better spent on a trip to Bali that another visa application, medicals and police checks me thinks.

Guest Chelsea976
Crikey that was quick!! we've not heard anythig yet so hopefully ours is next!! how exciting!! keep us posted :biggrin:

We are on the way too...

Application Recieved - 22nd May

Money Taken - 23rd May

CO Assigned TS Request for Medical and Police Check - 23rd May

We have been given the same turn around time of 5-6 months...

Guest charleysmum74

Hello there,

My CO is SV who isn't very forthcoming with information or warm in her responses. However, she is on leave until 11th June. VF is covering her leave and I spoke to her this week, she was really nice, really helpful gave me lots of information, put my mind at ease and I found her to be very approachable. So if like me you have SV, make any enquiries now as VF seems to be much better!

Guest nimhug

Good luck Chelsea!

We had CO WP - emailed last week to discover she was on maternity leave! Emailed our new CO DP who advised me to email him in mid-July and he would grant my visa then!

I dont mind waiting as my Granny is 90 at the end of July (and want to wait for that!), but would just LOVE to know how the whole thing works!!?

We are on the way too...

Application Recieved - 22nd May

Money Taken - 23rd May

CO Assigned TS Request for Medical and Police Check - 23rd May

We have been given the same turn around time of 5-6 months...

That's great Chelsea. Will be really interesting to see how things progress over the next 5-6 months.

My update: I had photos and wedding invites returned the other day along with the receipt for the fee. Medical is booked for next week (Maidenhead).

Has anyone got MC as there CO??

Yes, Pollygirl. We have MC. Can't really comment on her feedback etc yet, as still waiting for police checks to send her, so will probably contact her more then.

Glad to hear someone else has one MC, was thinking we were the only ones ! Will keep updating when have more news.