HR Manager assessment

Guest elise

Guest elise

I am just starting the skills assessment process for my visa application and I have been told it is very difficult to get a successful assessment against the HR manager (60 points) due to me not having an number of HR reports (which you tend not to have as an HR Business Partner). Has anyone experienced such difficulties? I am not sure whether it is worth making a case to the AIM to prove that i am working at a Senior Level although have no direct reports? I could apply for the Personnel Officer (50 points) but then i would be ten points short of the 120 required for a skilled migrant visa.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Hi Elise

Sorry can't answer your query on the assessment of HR Manager, but would applying for a state sponsored 176 Visa be an option for you - you only need a 100 points for the 176 visa as opposed to 120 for the 175 visa.

Denise x

Guest elise

thanks for your reply. i have been told that you cant get assessed as a HR Manager unless you have a number of large number of direct reports who are also managers. Did you come across the same difficulties at all? I work as an HR Business Partner so my role is senior but is more about working with the business and ensuring HR actitivies are delivered through a virtual team in HR.

Any advise you could give me about how you made you case to the AIM would be gratefully received

Hiya, I have one manager above me, one parallel to me, two under me and then all of the staff. This is the information and the family tree I gave to AIM and they were happy with it. I put in ten years of accounts (own business) ten years of P60's and as much other info as i could really. Will you apply anyway? its about £180, so worth a try.

Catherine

+ve AIM March 09

+ve IELTS 1/4/09

Waiting to hear from ACT about state sponsorship......

Guest elise

thanks for this. i am thinking of applying anyway. im a bit concerned that i have no reports but going to try and explain how the structure works as its worth a go.

thanks again

• 2 years later...
Guest Hoppers

Hello

I am an HR Manager and my Agent was very sure to maximise the number of reports I have, adding in project teams, virtual teams, etc to show indirect and dotted line responsibilities in addition to my direct reports. Apparently this is major criteria for AIM. AIM have had my application for 2 weeks so I expect to hear from them within the next week or so. Will let you know how I get on.

Hoppers

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I'm in the process of making my assessment application & supporting documents, need help.

I've more than 12 years of work experience as HR Business Partner, but don't have org chart of initial three orgnisations. Though I've other related documents i.e. increment letter, salary slips etc.

Second, do I need to mention all the names of employees on the org chart or just designations would be sufficient for the assessment purpose?

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Catherine,

I'm in the process of making my assessment application & supporting documents, need help.

I've more than 12 years of work experience as HR Business Partner, but don't have org chart of initial three orgnisations. Though I've other related documents i.e. increment letter, salary slips etc.

Second, do I need to mention all the names of employees on the org chart or just designations would be sufficient for the assessment purpose?

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Guest Hoppers

Hi Catherine

You will need organisation charts and you will need to provide full details of the organisations you have worked for. They seem to pay more attention to the organisation charts than anything else. I have 25 years HR Management experience and met all the AIM criteria, however was not successful because i do not report to the CEO in my current role. I work for British Telecom but they would not take the size or scale of the organisation into consideration. I am now applying as HR Adviser through Vetassess.

Good luck though.

Karen

Hi Catherine

You will need organisation charts and you will need to provide full details of the organisations you have worked for. They seem to pay more attention to the organisation charts than anything else. I have 25 years HR Management experience and met all the AIM criteria, however was not successful because i do not report to the CEO in my current role. I work for British Telecom but they would not take the size or scale of the organisation into consideration. I am now applying as HR Adviser through Vetassess.

Good luck though.

Karen

Thanks for that - must of got it right though as we've been here 2 years next month,

Good luck with Vetassess.

Archived