Proving 30 days teaching practice

Guest cazb

Anyone had trouble proving 30 days supervised teacher placement? I am desperately trying to find records either from the college where I trained or the school where I was for a term. No-one has any records claiming its too far back -1991.

Help

Where do I go from here!!???

Help me - its the only thing holding us back from the skills assessment!

Caroline

Guest kimdownie

Hi caroline,

We had a similar issue with proving my OH's apprenticeship, as all he had was his city and guilds certificates.

I know you are not the only person who has suffered with this problem. As it was so long ago, you can do a statutory declaration and get it signed by a solicitor,

There is a post on this forum giving you an example of the wording and layout of a stat dec (sorry i cant remember who posted it but you could do a search). If you cant find it let me know and i willl find ours for you, we have done one and it only cost us £5, if you have any other things that you can not provide evidence of you can put it all down on one stat dec. I am positive this will not hold you back, providing you can satisfy the other work experience references required.

Good luck

Kim:cute: :cute:

Guest kimdownie

purely because, even though we did everything required for our skills assessment, we thought that all my husbands references and his city and guilds certificates (which have always been adequate in UK) Australians dont take this as a qualification of trade they wanted INDENTURES!!!! (long story...see other threads). we have now had to do a stat dec, and provide 6 years references of experience (for skills ass pathway D) as opposed to 4 years (for pathway A) this has cost us another £140, but we would of paid double this for the opertunity to live our dream.

Did you find the wording for the stat dec ok?

Kimx

Guest Libby1971

Hi

I had the same problem. I contacted the course leader and asked her to write a letter on headed paper to confirm the content of the course. I specifically asked her to comment on the length of the teaching placements and it was accepted.

Hope this helps.

Libby

Hi!

I've just received confirmation of my number of days teaching prac. after numerous emails! Anyone who needs one make sure when you contact your uni for a transcript that you stress that it must state days completed as I've had to wait a further 2 weeks to get the correct transcript.

Hang on in there!

Jo x

Just got the final breakdown of hours spent on PGCE course including 13 weeks teaching placement!! At last TRA off!

Cazb

I failed my first skills assessment for teaching. Aussie teachers spend 4 years at uni and I did the BA QTS in 3 years. Still wouldn't pass me even though I met all the professional requirements. I went back to uni and graduated last October with my MA, rushed a re-application through before the skills assessment body changed and passed. As a result the time line below is moving very nicely, meds are tomorrow and we hope to be in oz by September.:wubclub:

Archived