ACT state sponsorship processing times - update

Guest Samfire

Do you know if ACT is processing Western Australia as well? You guys are easier to ask then to look it up.

Thanks

We just received State Sponsorship from WA and applied for 175 in December and now want to switch. I hope this means once we switch we will be processed as they are passed December. Of course this is hypothetical as they have no real system, just hoping that we all get finished before the July 1st opening.

Christine

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Christine

Each state is responsible for it's own state sponsorships so the ACT will just process those people who apply for SS in the ACT.

Not too sure what you mean about being processed before 1 July. You already have your 175 app in and now you have WA SS you can change to 176 app (no charge i believe). Just get in touch with DIAC or your agent and ask to switch.

Are you on the 176 non csl where are you now thread? If not add your time-line (see first page) and you can see others who are Cat5 to get an idea how long the process may take.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70633-176-ss-non-csl-where-you-now-372.html#post784151

Good luck

Claire

Yep I am on the WA SS 176 non CSL but as you can see there are only 2 of us left to receive sponsorship for 2009 WAHOO!!!!!

But then what????? We are almost finished with the thread and only a few have visa's. So i am turning to new sources. DIAC provides little for WA stating what timelines are.

The processing before July 1st is my husbands thought that when Visa's are being accepted again, the ones in waiting will be processed priority 1 ahead of all new applications. It even sounds doubtfull as I am typing it, but still, not sure.

Christine

Hmm, getting a bit fed up with this malarky now. Processing Low priority apps from 30 April!!!! So we are beyond low now then seeing as though we applied on 22 March.

Sent them a mail this afternoon from work chasing our status, agent says our app is still being reviewed by the ICT panel (what for 3 months)!!! arrghhh.

Has any other IT people heard anything yet?

Claire

APPLICATIONS CURRENTLY BEING PROCESSED

We are currently processing ‘complete’ applications that were receipted by the ACT Government on the following dates:

• 176 Applications

High priority: 9 June 2010

Normal priority: 30 April 2010

Low priority: 30 April 2010

• 886 Applications

• Employer Sponsored applications for certification

High priority: 8 June 2010

• Business Skills visas

Normal priority: 1 April 2010

Hmm, getting a bit fed up with this malarky now. Processing Low priority apps from 30 April!!!! So we are beyond low now then seeing as though we applied on 22 March.

Sent them a mail this afternoon from work chasing our status, agent says our app is still being reviewed by the ICT panel (what for 3 months)!!! arrghhh.

Has any other IT people heard anything yet?

Claire

APPLICATIONS CURRENTLY BEING PROCESSED

We are currently processing ‘complete’ applications that were receipted by the ACT Government on the following dates:

• 176 Applications

Normal priority: 30 April 2010

Low priority: 30 April 2010

• 886 Applications

• Employer Sponsored applications for certification

High priority: 8 June 2010

• Business Skills visas

Normal priority: 1 April 2010

Does anyone know what the timeframe is for DIAC processing Visa's for WA is Because ACT doesn't do WA Visas

Christine

Hi Christine

If you send a blank email to aspc.processing@immi.gov.au you will get an auto-reply email with the latest processing information for Visa's.

DIAC process visas for the whole of Australia, not just ACT. ACT is a state which just processes it's own state sponsorship applications. WA will also process their own state sponsorship applications too.

No one really knows how long visa's take to process, if you are not on the CSL or P1 / P2 then you could be looking at end of 2012 before your visa app gets looked at.

Send an email to the address above and you will get a reply.

Ta

Claire

Hi Guys

I did the disappearing "ACT" for a while but just to let you all know that our SS for the ACT was approved today. We really thought it was dead in the water. It took 18 weeks to process! The OH occupation is not on the new SOL but our agent has told us that we can still proceed with a 176.

We are in a state of pure shock but delighted!! :biggrin:

Suzanne

Hi Guys

I did the disappearing "ACT" for a while but just to let you all know that our SS for the ACT was approved today. We really thought it was dead in the water. It took 18 weeks to process! The OH occupation is not on the new SOL but our agent has told us that we can still proceed with a 176.

We are in a state of pure shock but delighted!! :biggrin:

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne, big congrats to you and your family & so pleased to hear that you can still proceed with the 176.

This is fab news to hear that you have got yours issued as we are only a few weeks behind you. We had almost given up hope. I contacted them the week before last and they were still telling us that our app was still with the ICT review panel but they would get jeannette to process this week, which would have been last week. So we are still waiting to hear but it has been about 18 weeks for us now or there abouts.

Glad to see you back

Claire:jiggy:

Hi Suzanne, big congrats to you and your family & so pleased to hear that you can still proceed with the 176.

This is fab news to hear that you have got yours issued as we are only a few weeks behind you. We had almost given up hope. I contacted them the week before last and they were still telling us that our app was still with the ICT review panel but they would get jeannette to process this week, which would have been last week. So we are still waiting to hear but it has been about 18 weeks for us now or there abouts.

Glad to see you back

Claire:jiggy:

Thanks Claire!

I have to avoid PiO for a while - I was driving myself mental plus we had actually lost all hope and had in our heads it wasnt going to happen!

you are in the same position as us so I wreckon you will hear in the next week or two. Best of luck with it and let me know when it comes through.

Suzanne :biggrin:

Guest toops

Hi Suzanne - think we are in the same position as you, got our SS approved by ACT and then just waiting until we can submit 176. Meanwhile my job has come off the SOL but hoping that as we already have secured SS from ACT we can go ahead once the lists are re opened. Is that the same advice youi have had? Hope so, it a long and stressful wait eh?

Hi Suzanne - think we are in the same position as you, got our SS approved by ACT and then just waiting until we can submit 176. Meanwhile my job has come off the SOL but hoping that as we already have secured SS from ACT we can go ahead once the lists are re opened. Is that the same advice youi have had? Hope so, it a long and stressful wait eh?

Hi Toops

Yeah I think we are in the same position. We got our grant letter from our agent about our SS on 28th June but we were wondering what exactly this means because our job (Systems Manager) is not on the new SOL. We have been told that even though its not on the new sol it is on Schedule 4 list (this is the list that the states can choose from for the SMP).

We did ask the question if we did need to do a re-assessment with the ACS because under the new ANZSCO code Systems Manager has been broken down into Systems Administrator and Database Administrator.

The answer we got was that the SMP probably wont be finalised until the end of July and if the SMP for the ACT has Systems Administrator or Database Administrator we should be able to use our sponsorship and proceed with a 176.

However we dont know as yet if we need to be reassessed or even go through a new sponshorship application (which is not good news if we have to).

The only thing we know is that ACT havent put a time limit on their sponsorship - usually they ask you to submit your application to the DIAC within 60 days but this has been left open for the moment.

Hope this helps

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne

Our agent has gone bust & ceased trading!!! Can't believe it. The only saving grace is that we have our visa app in already.

There are a few PIO members affected by them going bust.

Have just emailed ACT to advise them to contact us direct from now on as we no longer have an agent as still no news on that front.

Wonder if they have emailed our agent in the past day or two and the news hasn't got to us yet.

When you getting your app in?

Claire

Hi Suzanne

Our agent has gone bust & ceased trading!!! Can't believe it. The only saving grace is that we have our visa app in already.

There are a few PIO members affected by them going bust.

Have just emailed ACT to advise them to contact us direct from now on as we no longer have an agent as still no news on that front.

Wonder if they have emailed our agent in the past day or two and the news hasn't got to us yet.

When you getting your app in?

Claire

Hi Claire

OMG I dont believe your agent has gone bust!!! I would get straight on to the ACT and tell them you are dealing with your file yourself.

We have to wait for all the changes because the OH job is the old sys mgr and has 2 new anzsco codes so we arent sure if we need a new ACS assessment or not before we put our app through. So we are still waiting.

I heard Alan say that SS apps will need to reapply for SS for the SMP in accordance to conversations he has had. If we put our app through before the SMP is released in August it will mean that we will still be Cat 5 which is a 2-3 yr wait and we are wondering if we will be capped and ceased so we are sitting and waiting patiently.

Failing that we've decided to move to Mars :biggrin:

I havent read much on PiO lately so I dont really know the details of what the new SMP will entail.

Suzanne

Hi Claire

OMG I dont believe your agent has gone bust!!! I would get straight on to the ACT and tell them you are dealing with your file yourself.

We have to wait for all the changes because the OH job is the old sys mgr and has 2 new anzsco codes so we arent sure if we need a new ACS assessment or not before we put our app through. So we are still waiting.

I heard Alan say that SS apps will need to reapply for SS for the SMP in accordance to conversations he has had. If we put our app through before the SMP is released in August it will mean that we will still be Cat 5 which is a 2-3 yr wait and we are wondering if we will be capped and ceased so we are sitting and waiting patiently.

Failing that we've decided to move to Mars :biggrin:

I havent read much on PiO lately so I dont really know the details of what the new SMP will entail.

Suzanne

We have emailed them tonight. Also got the forms off DIAC site for revoking our agent and another form to contact us by email. So will get them sent off. Our agent's communication said they would be advising the department but we are going to advise them ourselves so we know for sure that they come direct to us.

Yeah the SMP debate. No one knows for sure, all speculation mainly at the moment but there is lots of talk about having to re-apply if occupation is on SMP. Just doesn't make sense. If the state has already sponsored you and your occupation on their SMP then they need you and you shouldn't have to re-do the whole SS again. barmy.

We are not going to worry about it too much until we know for sure. There is also talk that you may not be able to switch apps anymore, ie. 175 to 176ss or 176 family to 176ss but again, no ones knows 100% and if this is to just affect new apps after 1 July.

If all this is true we are sat on a 176 family which could take years then prob be capped!! The annoying thing is though that OH job is on the new SOL.

Ta

Claire

Guest toops

It's a flippin nightmare. We got a call from our agent today saying that it's going to be 1st August for the SMP to be confirmed (as we already know from PIO) and that even though my job is not on the SOL anymore ACT anticipate that mine will be, so we can still apply. It's just crazy. If we were granted SS on the basis that they needed our skills and no-one else has been allowed to submit visas for these past months, then logically we should just be able to submit when the 'ban' is lifted. Logic is a word infrequently used by DIAC though isn't it? Grrr, another month and then another month.... waiting patiently is sending us all scatty!!

Yeah the SMP debate. No one knows for sure, all speculation mainly at the moment but there is lots of talk about having to re-apply if occupation is on SMP. Just doesn't make sense. If the state has already sponsored you and your occupation on their SMP then they need you and you shouldn't have to re-do the whole SS again. barmy.

We are not going to worry about it too much until we know for sure. There is also talk that you may not be able to switch apps anymore, ie. 175 to 176ss or 176 family to 176ss but again, no ones knows 100% and if this is to just affect new apps after 1 July.

If all this is true we are sat on a 176 family which could take years then prob be capped!! The annoying thing is though that OH job is on the new SOL.

Ta

Claire

Hi Claire

Yeah its all a bit mental to be honest - applying then reapplying and then not knowing if you will be capped and ceased. I think what we will do is hold off until SMP is released. ACT gave us our SS but they have said we dont have to apply within 60 days and have left it open for the moment. I think if our job is on the SMP we will put through our app but if it isnt I dont know if we want to hang around for 3 years and then for the minister to cease our app. We will just have to wait and see.

So if you cant change from SS family to state it will mean that your stuck in Cat 5? Could you put through another visa app? I know its expensive but if your OH job is on the SOL( I presume you mean the SOL where you can apply for a 175 ) would that not mean you would get priority?

Suzanne

Hi Claire

Yeah its all a bit mental to be honest - applying then reapplying and then not knowing if you will be capped and ceased. I think what we will do is hold off until SMP is released. ACT gave us our SS but they have said we dont have to apply within 60 days and have left it open for the moment. I think if our job is on the SMP we will put through our app but if it isnt I dont know if we want to hang around for 3 years and then for the minister to cease our app. We will just have to wait and see.

So if you cant change from SS family to state it will mean that your stuck in Cat 5? Could you put through another visa app? I know its expensive but if your OH job is on the SOL( I presume you mean the SOL where you can apply for a 175 ) would that not mean you would get priority?

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne, if we can't switch we will be stuck in Cat 6. But like you say as OH occupation on SOL and if on SMP then we can apply for SMP and put potentially put in a new app, costly but we would be cat2. We may even get into WA which is where our family is.

We are just going to see what the SMP brings and if we get our SS.

We got a reply from ACT today to say they would update our records after our agent gone into Liquidation. We were hoping they would be telling us they told our agent last week we got SS but no, nothing!!

I had a thought last night that perhaps they are holding off giving us SS because OH job on new SOL and they may wait til 1 August and give us SMP SS or whatever it is called instead. Very wishful thinking but you never know.

Claire

Hi Suzanne, if we can't switch we will be stuck in Cat 6. But like you say as OH occupation on SOL and if on SMP then we can apply for SMP and put potentially put in a new app, costly but we would be cat2. We may even get into WA which is where our family is.

We are just going to see what the SMP brings and if we get our SS.

We got a reply from ACT today to say they would update our records after our agent gone into Liquidation. We were hoping they would be telling us they told our agent last week we got SS but no, nothing!!

I had a thought last night that perhaps they are holding off giving us SS because OH job on new SOL and they may wait til 1 August and give us SMP SS or whatever it is called instead. Very wishful thinking but you never know.

Claire

Hi Claire

You never do know whats going to happen with all of this - apparently someone from PiO got an email from the ACT to say that the rumours of having to reapply for SS if you have already applied arent true. I guess we will just have to wait until August 1st to see what it may bring for us all. Let me know if you get your SS soon.

Suzanne

Hi Claire

You never do know whats going to happen with all of this - apparently someone from PiO got an email from the ACT to say that the rumours of having to reapply for SS if you have already applied arent true. I guess we will just have to wait until August 1st to see what it may bring for us all. Let me know if you get your SS soon.

Suzanne

It was me that got the email from ACT. They said the rumours about having to reapply were untrue but until the SMP is published they cannot guarantee anything. This also backs up what my agent said and he has been talking to the ACT team a lot.

It was me that got the email from ACT. They said the rumours about having to reapply were untrue but until the SMP is published they cannot guarantee anything. This also backs up what my agent said and he has been talking to the ACT team a lot.

Hi there,

I emailed the ACT to ask if we would need to reapply for SS and they said no. They replied this morning. (We applied for ACT ss last year June 2009, received ss in Nov 2009).

Not sure what happens from here or what to do really. I guess we have to wait until 1st August.

Basically... when the SMP is published, do we have to see if my husband's profession is on this new ACT list and if yes, then we are ok? If not, then what happens?

And is there a timeline? I am pretty confused about whats going on.

Many thanks

Hi there,

I emailed the ACT to ask if we would need to reapply for SS and they said no. They replied this morning. (We applied for ACT ss last year June 2009, received ss in Nov 2009).

Not sure what happens from here or what to do really. I guess we have to wait until 1st August.

Basically... when the SMP is published, do we have to see if my husband's profession is on this new ACT list and if yes, then we are ok? If not, then what happens?

And is there a timeline? I am pretty confused about whats going on.

Many thanks

That sounds very similar to my conversations with them. If my hubby's occupation is on their SMP, we would not have to reapply and then we should be moved to cat 2 for processing. If occupation is not on SMP, I have no clue what happens. I am just biding my time until 1/8 and taking it from there.

The ladies from ACT have been so wonderful to deal with and very forthright about the changes and implications.

has anyone heard anything from act re ss processing....sounds too quiet!!!

Nothing!!!

It's been 16 weeks today since we submitted. I wonder if we will hear anything before 1 August when their supposed SMP is coming out.

Claire

We emailed them last night to ask on progress and this morning we have 2 emails from them. the first says that we have been assigned a case officer to our state sponsorship app and we are 3rd in the queue to be processed.

The 2nd says that our application is "incomplete" and can we provide passport copies of our dependents and also a word copy of our commitment statement. We have just emailed them off now as we had 28 days but we just want this sorted asap.

I wouldn't mind but our agent was sent everything and told us our application was complete. I am now actually glad we no longer have an agent and that we managed to submit our own visa app to DIAC on 7th May because if they had done it they would have missed half of the info off probably.

At least if you do it yourself you know where you stand.

So hopefully, we will be processed very soon.

Claire

Nothing!!!

It's been 16 weeks today since we submitted. I wonder if we will hear anything before 1 August when their supposed SMP is coming out.

Claire

Hi Claire

You got me excited there when I saw you post!!. Dont worry we were 18 weeks waiting so I wreckon you will be getting your SS really soon. I saw that you have been appointed a case officer aswell. Is that good news or does it mean anything significant for you?

Suzanne

Archived