ACT state sponsorship processing times - update

Guest Samfire

Hello, for your information - SS 176 ACT acknowledge 17 June - positive result 26 August. Just over 9 weeks processing time. Good luck everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS to you. Not bad processing time.

Do you mind saying if your application was high/normal or low priority and was your "receipt" date the 17th June? Hoping ours isn't too far away.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi again Lindseyf. It's soooo hard trying to tie it all together - a logistical and organisational nightmare!!! We applied for SS 176 skilled visa, so once we learned that we had been assigned a case officer, we immediately booked our medicals and arranged for our police cert to be issued. By the time the CO came looking for this information, we had just about had it sent off in the post. If you are planning to leave for Oz as soon as possible after visa grant, then I don't see any reason why you shouldn't consider front-loading your meds and police checks once you have been assigned a case officer. Good luck and keep us posted!:hug:

Similar with us, ACT took ages to sort our sponsorship but as soon as it came through we booked meds & sent off for our police checks.

Got our case officer last week & the medicals were finalised yesterday, we'd had a request for work references that we sent tuesday night and got our visa grant this morning!

hope all goes well for you guys.... Rob&Catherine

Guest wossall

Hi everyone

We also had to wait ages for the SS but it went very quick after we applied for the visa.

This morning we received our visa, going out to celebrate with friends at lunchtime.

Will keep you informed of developments.

Lynne

Guest claire delighted
Hi

We have just sent our state sponsorship on 4th April 2009 and are awaiting outcome, good luck with yours let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Lynne

Hi did you have to show a certain amount of money in your account prior to your sponsorship being granted? I have now been told Canberra want to see approx £25,000 in my account. Although my visa bureau told me a financial statement explaining the monies i would have once my house sold would be enough? Apparently this is no longer the case, The have not rejected my sponsorship just yet but have given me 30 days to show the money in my account. Did you experience this ???

Thanks Claire:arghh:

Hi did you have to show a certain amount of money in your account prior to your sponsorship being granted? I have now been told Canberra want to see approx £25,000 in my account. Although my visa bureau told me a financial statement explaining the monies i would have once my house sold would be enough? Apparently this is no longer the case, The have not rejected my sponsorship just yet but have given me 30 days to show the money in my account. Did you experience this ???

When we enquired about State Sponsorship with the ACT in April we were told we had to show currently liquid assets and equity in our home which would be released upon the sale was not counted. We had to save like mad people in order to show the assets and we finally applied on the 30th of June. If you have less than the £25k than you can also do a budget for them but they will still want to see a good portion of the funds already liquid.

Guest wossall

Hi Claire

Yes we did have to show an amount in our bank account. We did not have any problems at all.

Thanks

Lynne

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

There seem to be a few more people on here lately that are awaiting the outcome of ACT SS, so thought I would revive this thread seeing as though it is a sticky. Here are our details:

claireg - lodged ACT SS on 22/03/10 - Normal priority via Agent

Will be great to see those who have already been successful in obtaining ACT SS in 2010 and to find out who is still waiting.

PS - there are currently 135 outstanding apps according to ACT SBM website. I found a post from last August which had about 330 outstanding apps. Wonder how many of those 135 are on PIO?

Normal priority is currently 30 WORKING days.

Cheers

Claire

ACT SBM website updated 30 March

http://www.business.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/167879/30_March_Processing_Times.pdf

APPLICATIONS CURRENTLY BEING PROCESSED

We are currently processing ‘complete’ applications that were receipted by the ACT Government on the following dates:

176 Applications

High priority: 24 March 2010

Normal priority: 1 February 2010

Low priority: 19 December 2010

886 Applications

Employer Sponsored applications for certification

Business Skills visas

Interestingly they don't state the outstanding apps to be processed this time. Last update it was 135 so let's hope that they don't have many left and those of us waiting will get our SS quicker:goofy:

Normal priority is still 30 Working Days

Claire

:daydreaming:

ACT SBM website updated 30 March

http://www.business.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/167879/30_March_Processing_Times.pdf

We are currently processing ‘complete’ applications that were receipted by the ACT Government on the following dates:

176 Applications

Low priority: 19 December 2010

886 Applications

Business Skills visas

Interestingly they don't state the outstanding apps to be processed this time. Last update it was 135 so let's hope that they don't have many left and those of us waiting will get our SS quicker:goofy:

Normal priority is still 30 Working Days

Claire

:daydreaming:

Thanks Claire you just got there before me! I was about to post this aswell! :laugh:

Looks like they are slowing down a little but Im sure they are being bombarded with applications at the moment. This month has been the slowest month of my life!

Thanks Claire you just got there before me! I was about to post this aswell! :laugh:

Looks like they are slowing down a little but Im sure they are being bombarded with applications at the moment. This month has been the slowest month of my life!

He he, i am like a woman possessed checking that site every day!!! I have been doing some calculating too. High priority is 20 working days yet they are currently processing high priority from 24 March which is only 6 working days. So i think that they probably don't have many high priority apps in at the moment, which means more time to spend on our apps.

They have also updated the Baseline and Quota list too but thankfully we have already lodged. You shouldn't have too long to wait now i reckon.

Enjoy your easter

Claire

x

He he, i am like a woman possessed checking that site every day!!! I have been doing some calculating too. High priority is 20 working days yet they are currently processing high priority from 24 March which is only 6 working days. So i think that they probably don't have many high priority apps in at the moment, which means more time to spend on our apps.

They have also updated the Baseline and Quota list too but thankfully we have already lodged. You shouldn't have too long to wait now i reckon.

Enjoy your easter

Claire

x

You are not the only possessed woman around here - Ive been doing the exact same as you and calculating everything down to the day :laugh:

Two weeks ago I predicted our SS to be back on 20th April. My prediction is now 26th. What am I like!!!

Phew about our lodgements!!

Have a great easter too :biggrin:

Suzanne

And the ACT are on the ball again with updating their webite!!

As of 8th April here are the details that are being processed at present for SS:

Processing Times for ‘Completed’ Visa Applications

Updated 8 April 2010

APPLICATIONS

176 Applications

High priority: 1 April 2010

Normal priority: 15 February 2010

Low priority: 11 January 2010

886 Applications

Business Skills visas

good luck to everyone!

Suzanne

And the ACT are on the ball again with updating their webite!!

As of 8th April here are the details that are being processed at present for SS:

Processing Times for ‘Completed’ Visa Applications

Updated 8 April 2010

APPLICATIONS

176 Applications

Normal priority: 15 February 2010

Low priority: 11 January 2010

886 Applications

Business Skills visas

good luck to everyone!

Suzanne

Thanks Suzanne, beat me to it this time! Hopefully not too long for you now.:jiggy:

Anyone had their ACT SS granted this week / last week?

14 working days have passed for us now so only another 3 weeks to wait (hopefully) :biggrin:

Claire

not yet Claire but as soon as it comes through I will let you know :biggrin:

Guest toops
Anyone had their ACT SS granted this week / last week?

14 working days have passed for us now so only another 3 weeks to wait (hopefully) :biggrin:

Claire

Hi Claire

I'm just checking - we had our SS approved by ACT earleir this year and now have to wait for theactual visa to be processed which can take up to three years(!!). It would have taken just 3 months were it not for DIAC changing State Sponsorships to Cat 5. Is it the same scenario for you?

I'm hoping that the Cat 5 will change for us all.

Best of luck

Toops

Hi Claire

I'm just checking - we had our SS approved by ACT earleir this year and now have to wait for theactual visa to be processed which can take up to three years(!!). It would have taken just 3 months were it not for DIAC changing State Sponsorships to Cat 5. Is it the same scenario for you?

I'm hoping that the Cat 5 will change for us all.

Best of luck

Toops

Hi Toops

Yes we will be Cat 5 too. Let't hope we all move to Cat 2 when the SMP comes out hey. That would be good. We havn't yet submitted our 176 visa yet, we are waiting on the outcome of ACT SS which hopefully should only be a couple of weeks or so away now so we should get in our visa well before mid year. All our docs are already with the agent and in order.

Have you been to canberra before and are you planning to do a reccie beforehand or just go once you get the visa?

Claire

Guest toops

Hi Claire

We are in the same situation then! I also have to wait for 12 months after date of my degree to submit 176 which will be up in a few weeks - all ready to go then. It's madness - I'm a 8 years qualified teacher here and the skills assessment wanted more, so I went back to Uni. Not easy when you are older!

Not been to Canberra, we've been to Oz twice - both for 3 months at a time and both times 'missed' poor ACT out. However, we met some friends a few years ago when we were travelling and they live in ACT- they love it. Said you get the best of everything, away from bustle of Sydney, good living standards, good food, lots going on. On that basis I don't think we will do a reccie just get out there. It depends - if we are going to have to wait a few years then we will go and visit them, find our way round a bit. This is a good forum with lots of good advice and tips I have picked up. Keep in touch and lets see what happens next with processing times! We will have to have a meet up when we get there (might be similar time).

Take care

Toops (Julia)

Hi Claire

We are in the same situation then! I also have to wait for 12 months after date of my degree to submit 176 which will be up in a few weeks - all ready to go then. It's madness - I'm a 8 years qualified teacher here and the skills assessment wanted more, so I went back to Uni. Not easy when you are older!

Not been to Canberra, we've been to Oz twice - both for 3 months at a time and both times 'missed' poor ACT out. However, we met some friends a few years ago when we were travelling and they live in ACT- they love it. Said you get the best of everything, away from bustle of Sydney, good living standards, good food, lots going on. On that basis I don't think we will do a reccie just get out there. It depends - if we are going to have to wait a few years then we will go and visit them, find our way round a bit. This is a good forum with lots of good advice and tips I have picked up. Keep in touch and lets see what happens next with processing times! We will have to have a meet up when we get there (might be similar time).

Take care

Toops (Julia)

That is mad, when you have 8 years experience already. At least you are nearly in a position to put in your app before the changes mid year.

We've not visited Canberra either, done other parts of Oz but not Canberra. I don't think we are going to do a reccie either, just move out there when get the visa. So we are doing plenty of research on-line into houses, jobs, etc. However if it is going to be another 2 years we may decide to go for a holiday as my brother lives in WA. Just going to see what happens really.

I'm on here all the time, so yes will keep in touch as we will have a similar timeline.

Cheers

Claire

not yet Claire but as soon as it comes through I will let you know :biggrin:

Suzanne, was just wondering. Have you been to Canberra before and are you planning to do a reccie.

We've not been and at this stage are not planning a reccie, but you never know.

claire

Suzanne, was just wondering. Have you been to Canberra before and are you planning to do a reccie.

We've not been and at this stage are not planning a reccie, but you never know.

claire

Hi Claire

We havent been to Canberra but Dave lived in Sydney for a good few years some time ago. At this stage I dont think we will do a reccie. Im just going to go blind and hope for the best :biggrin:

Suzanne

Archived