register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Nestoner

Plumbing practical booked!!!!

Guest Nestoner

Hi all, New to this site and looking for a little advice. Just booked practical for accrington in July and am suddenly very VERY nervous:chatterbox:. Anyone got any information about whats involved, the interviews sound daunting. Thanks very much and hello to all

Guest Noodle

Hi there and welcome to PIO. Sorry we can't be of any help with your practical as hubby is a mechanic, but if it helps any he is nervous his practical is on the 9th. Good luck and best wishes, I am sure someone will be along soon to pass on any info that might help.

Hi and welcome to pio, My o/h did his practical for plumbing back in feb, pleased to say he passed,

If you type in the search bar top right hand corner, plumbing vetassess-saga of the day, (by wingywangwoo) John explains what happens through out the day, Hope it will put your o/h's mind at ease, Your welcome to ask him any questions as im sure he will be happy to help, All the best x

Oz is Beautiful, but the uk is home :wubclub:

Returned to Bournemouth 20th August 2010

Guest Nestoner

Thanks a lot for the directions, thats exactly what I was looking for. Until you read about someones experiences it feels like you're heading for a quantum physics exam!?!?!?. Thanks again

thanks a lot for the directions, thats exactly what i was looking for. Until you read about someones experiences it feels like you're heading for a quantum physics exam!?!?!?. Thanks again

no worries, the thing is not to build up to panic mode as the day is very unformal, but busy, just treat it as a day at work

regards, john

Oz is Beautiful, but the uk is home :wubclub:

Returned to Bournemouth 20th August 2010

Hi i took my plumbing at accrington 16/02/09 was fairly straight forward 3 practical and 3 one to one, they show you how to silver soldier and thread steel pipe ect in case you havnt done it before.

tha gas pipework practical seems to take the longest luckely i got that first nobody seemed to opt for it lol . the questions are very informal takes about 15 minutes or as long as you like for each set . think i was on my way home about 2.45 where as some off the others were still doing gas practical. was notified by email from agent 18/02/09 PASSED.

theres nothing to worry about , hope it goes well for you . cheers chris .

just had WA ss granted on 02/04/09 so back on csl fingers crossed.