The 'I love Perth' thread

Guest guest17301

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest17301

Bored now..only took me 6 hrs sat at this PC. Would think I had better things to do on my day off eh?

I am a 50 year old ,33 year old time served in the steelworks lots of skills, in things ndt ,but they are all in house ( not accreditted) , been in WA Feb 11 08 , there is an adage you cant teach an old dog new tricks . I can empathise with the statement , having worked shfts weekends in the uk on a live to work basis , living for your 2 to 3 weeks holiday in the sun a year . Its hard to get used to livin on the coast , beach at yer mercy, fishin , anything you wana do , its such a massive shift in orientaton , its the what do we look forward to in an holiday like we did . We love it ,still have to work but as the song goes, thats life, you live for the weekends , WA is vast and there are loads of places for us to discover, Its llike wher do you live WA , oh we live in Europe

Guest TheArmChairDetective
I am a 50 year old ,33 year old time served in the steelworks lots of skills, in things ndt ,but they are all in house ( not accreditted) , been in WA Feb 11 08 ,

I think you are a very lucky 50 year old getting to Oz after 45. Good Luck to you, no wonder you love Perth.

As for a decent Finger, there's one right here, just for you !

I think you are a very lucky 50 year old getting to Oz after 45. Good Luck to you, no wonder you love Perth.

As for a decent Finger, there's one right here, just for you !

LOL love it

Funny Oh did not qualify nursing till 2004 only came here on 457 due to age constraints , one of our aquaintances was a copper in the uk came out on a coppers visa ,packed in becos of boredom ( him not job I think) he was concernrd about the police grads there they are not up to it like the yk lads are , he had some bad experiences with them , seems like all clasroom no practical then reality

LOL love it

Funny Oh did not qualify nursing till 2004 only came here on 457 due to age constraints , one of our aquaintances was a copper in the uk came out on a coppers visa ,packed in becos of boredom ( him not job I think) he was concernrd about the police grads there they are not up to it like the yk lads are , he had some bad experiences with them , seems like all clasroom no practical then reality

wish I could have thought to re train. I have to try a more .thoughtfull..way

Oh, I love to look at pictures of Fiona in Perth, but does she have any sober one's :-)

wish I could have thought to re train. I have to try a more .thoughtfull..way

Oh, I love to look at pictures of Fiona in Perth.

Cant you get on asort of consultant basis , with your knowledge of policing ,these muppets need all the commonsense help they can ,

Cant you get on asort of consultant basis , with your knowledge of policing ,these muppets need all the commonsense help they can ,

Tried it, would love to love Perth doing it but I aint wanted, they want cannon fodder :-(

Guest Emcooper

Things I love about Perth

Kings Park

Cottesloe Beach

Freo, especially on a Sunday

South Perth foreshore on Oz day

Things I love about Perth

Kings Park good for a run

Cottesloe Beach great at nite saw my first white pointer

Freo, especially on a Sunday too packed wi tourists

South Perth foreshore on Oz day[ brill at mccallum park thius year no muppets had a sniff of the barmaids

Awsome stuff!

No it wasnt about 1 am bloke shoutin like a banshee moved down his rod doubled up pitch black no moon , head torch on wanders out into surf to grab it thinkin its a mulloway , baby po9inter a metre long all I could see was the gob on it ,then legged it ,requiring change of underwear

Guest 5x4_inches

Things I love about Perth (at 11:55 pm on a Friday night, so this is not going to be very logical):

- The weather: I know its going to rain a bit during the winter, but hey we'll still get some sunny days;

- More space, less people compared to where I was living before in the south of England;

- I live in quiet place next to nice park, but can still walk to work in the CBD every morning (one of my longstanding dreams was being able to walk to work );

- the opportunity to visit some of the most jaw droppingly beautiful and unique wild places on the planet a day or so's drive to the north of the city, without huge crowds of people spoiling it for you because most people never venture away from the beach;

- OK the beaches are pretty special too, especially the more remote ones - oh and that lovely turquoise ocean, even if it is full of sharks, stonefish, sea snakes, etc.;

- the diverse and interesting people I've met here, whether they are originally from here or from other places on the planet;

- the fact that much of the crime that passes as shocking front page national news here would barely get a mention in a local newspaper back in the UK;

- it just suits me!

Things I love about Perth (at 11:55 pm on a Friday night, so this is not going to be very logical):

- The weather: I know its going to rain a bit during the winter, but hey we'll still get some sunny days;

- More space, less people compared to where I was living before in the south of England;

- I live in quiet place next to nice park, but can still walk to work in the CBD every morning (one of my longstanding dreams was being able to walk to work );

- the opportunity to visit some of the most jaw droppingly beautiful and unique wild places on the planet a day or so's drive to the north of the city, without huge crowds of people spoiling it for you because most people never venture away from the beach;

- OK the beaches are pretty special too, especially the more remote ones - oh and that lovely turquoise ocean, even if it is full of sharks, stonefish, sea snakes, etc.;

- the diverse and interesting people I've met here, whether they are originally from here or from other places on the planet;

- the fact that much of the crime that passes as shocking front page national news here would barely get a mention in a local newspaper back in the UK;

- it just suits me!

You walk to work you aint early come back are you lol, must live at edge of kings , shenton or somewhere like that

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi everyone in Perth you lucky devils.

Us poor souls in the UK have just come out of the coldest winter in history, which followed the worst summer in history. I switched channels on the TV the other week and thought i was watching the weather channel, it showed freezing arctic conditions, people freezing to death and roads and vehicles snowed in and abandoned at the side of the roads, all of which is normal here in the UK. I then realised it was that disaster film " The day after tommorrow " We can only imagine how fantastic it is to wake up almost daily and have warm sunshine instead of freezing conditions. It made me laugh when someone said it had got as low as 5 degrees in Perth, it didn't get as high as 5 degrees in the UK for six months last winter. All i can say is enjoy it in the sun you deserve it, i have spent most of the winter freezing in my house with a gas and electric bill of £2,000 to pay at the end of it. All you have gone right to the other side of the world, leaving everything behind and living LIFE in the sun is the least you deserve. jim & helen PR 175 visa lodged 10/3/2009

• 3 years later...

I've spent some memorable moments in Perth. Leaving the sadly no longer Claremont Showgrounds at daylight after the World Sprintcar Title (biggest hangover ever). Too many others to mention but a great place for a holiday.

Archived