NVQ Assessor

Guest scoobsfr

Guest scoobsfr

Hi,

I'm a qualifed NVQ Assessor with the A1 award (equivilant to a Level 3 NVQ)... would anyone know please what skill occupation this would fit in to... As i dont think its enough to for the Vocational Teacher occupation , but was looking at a Trades person and related workers...??? An nvq assessor is classed a professional occupatation in the UK but not sure what it will come under in Australia.... any thoughts..??

thanks in advance for any help

Guest pippa1

Hi there

I'm not sure whether the A1 would be equivalent to Aus Diploma, but I had the Cert Ed in post compulsory education and got a positive vetassess assessment for a 40 point job Program Administrator / Officer (I can't remember the exact title)...but I'm not sure whether the A1 will be enough (i had the old D32 / D33).

You do need a degree for the vocational teacher.

I hope this makes some sort of sense!!

Good Luck !

Guest scoobsfr

Thats great thanks, maybe thats the way to go then...... I Know the A1 is equivelant to a Level 3 NVQ, which is the same as an Australian Diploma.... Am i right in thinking then, you need to get your skills assessed before doing anything else?

Guest Blackburn

Not an expert on the subject however i was talking to an agent today and the first step in my process is the skills assessment (via vetassess)

Guest Mandy H

Hi

When i had my qualifications assessed by AIWCW, the outcome was, that my NVQ2 and NVQ3 were not equivalent to any Australian qualification, but my NVQ4 was the same as the Diploma. I have just completed my A1 award to take with me to Perth, so would be good to know if it is eqivalent to any Australian qualification.

Mand

Guest scoobsfr

Thanks Blackburn & Mandy,,,,

Now thats confused me . i went on the australia-migration.com website and it had a comparison chart of Australian and UK qualifications... which said a level 3 NVQ is equivilant to an Australian Diploma..... I probably be assess by "vetassess"... Does anyone know if they recognise NVQ 3 and above?... still sussing out which cat "A1 assessor" would qualify into errrmmmm

congrats on getting your A1

Guest Mandy H

Thanks, glad i got my A1 before we migrate. Didn't mean to confuse you, it may be that AIWCW, don't recognise level 3. Would be good to know about AI though

Regards

Mand

Guest fatpom
Thanks Blackburn & Mandy,,,,

Now thats confused me . i went on the australia-migration.com website and it had a comparison chart of Australian and UK qualifications... which said a level 3 NVQ is equivilant to an Australian Diploma..... I probably be assess by "vetassess"... Does anyone know if they recognise NVQ 3 and above?... still sussing out which cat "A1 assessor" would qualify into errrmmmm

congrats on getting your A1

Some of the comparisons on that web site are wrong. For example NVQ4 is no-where near equiv to a Grad Diploma. I'm fairly sure there are other errors too?

I doubt that an NVQ3 is equivalent to an Aus Diploma since I know an Aus Diploma is equiv to an HNC. So unless an HNC has dropped in value in the last 20 years or so it won't be equiv to an NVQ3. The NVQ3 is closer to AQF3 (I have both an HNC & NVQ3 BTW :)

Guest scoobsfr

Thanks for that,,,,, its seems that when surfing the web there is some confusion about whether a NVQ Level 3 is accepted or not depending on the occupation.....anyone know a web site which actually has the correct equivilents to UK/Aus qualification standards or is it just hit or miss and just apply anyway to Vetasses and see what happens?????

Guest scoobsfr

just had a reply from VETASSES they said a Level 3 NVQ is the same as AQF Certificate IV.... which is disappointing.. :(

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

The authoritative document for comparing UK qualifications with Australian ones is the Country Education Profile for the UK:

http://www.aei.gov.au/AEI/CEP/Default.htm

I think it costs about $50 AUD to subscribe to it.

It is the document that Vetassess use when making their skills assessments, I believe.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest AustralianTradeAssessment
Hi,

I'm a qualifed NVQ Assessor with the A1 award (equivilant to a Level 3 NVQ)... would anyone know please what skill occupation this would fit in to... As i dont think its enough to for the Vocational Teacher occupation , but was looking at a Trades person and related workers...??? An nvq assessor is classed a professional occupatation in the UK but not sure what it will come under in Australia.... any thoughts..??

thanks in advance for any help

Hmm... We can do assessments for "Teacher – Vocational Education Teacher (Trades)" or ASCO 2422-11 which is assessed by TRA. The qualification is issued by the Master Builders and is not one that we actively advertise. The qualification is an AQF III.

However the pitfall that I see is this;

The ASCO quite clearly states that;

Skill Level:

The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or a post-graduate diploma in adult education. In some instances relevant industry and vocational education experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.

1220.0 - Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO) Second Edition, 1997

So although you may gain an Australian Qualification, it may not be enough to meet the requirements. May be worth asking your agent about it though. :smile:

• 1 year later...
Guest Dave,claire,mia
Some of the comparisons on that web site are wrong. For example NVQ4 is no-where near equiv to a Grad Diploma. I'm fairly sure there are other errors too?

I doubt that an NVQ3 is equivalent to an Aus Diploma since I know an Aus Diploma is equiv to an HNC. So unless an HNC has dropped in value in the last 20 years or so it won't be equiv to an NVQ3. The NVQ3 is closer to AQF3 (I have both an HNC & NVQ3 BTW :)

I had my NVQ assessed and is was the same as an advnaced national diploma in AU.

Guest Sunshinefreedom

Hi, just to add my experience I had my NVQ III assessed by Vetassess and they said it was NOT equivalent to an AQF Diploma:frown: They didn't however say that it was equivalent to an AQF Cert IV so that is interesting.

I applied for the assessment knowing that it would probably be negative but wanted to try just in case...from everyone's experience though ti doesn't appear to be worth while. If you do get nay positive repsonse as to what an A1 is equivalent to though, I would be interested to know as my husband has an A1 having been an NVQ assessor in the UK.

Good luck, I hope you find a way to get there...

• 8 months later...
Guest kainic

Hi We are starting the process and my son is a A1 Assessor also did you manage to get in with your A1? :arghh:

Archived