Painters & Decorators

Guest madpomcow

Guest madpomcow

Hi Guys,

I have been reading on here for a few days now but have not seen anything about Painters & decoartors is there much work out there ? Also what do you have to do to get a license to be a Painter ?Would be glad of any info etc....:confused:

Cheers

Paula

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dannys188

Hi I no what you mean im also a painter and decorator looking to move to oz and am a bit worried as not much is being said about work or wages for decorators. The only thing im going on is if they are desprate for all the other building trades all this work is going to have to be decorated !! sorry

Dan

Guest madpomcow

Hi dan,:wink:

I know there is alot more work for Painters & decorators in Perth I have had a bit more contact regarding work in Perth but nothing from queensland. where abouts are you heading too ? When are you planning on going ? thanks for the response I was thinking that there was no Painters going there.

Regards

Paula:skeptical:

Guest dannys188

Hi Paula

We are looking at going to the sunshine coast just north of brisbane got are consaltation this wednesday night and then hopefully go in about 12 - 18 months time. I emailed a company advertising a job in sunshine area and just asked a few questions she said if your a good decorator you wont have a problem getting work and they pay $26 to £32 per hour.Is still a bit of a worry because like you said there isnt much mentioned about decorators on here.But if they want all the other trades there must be work for decorators to follow up.

Were and when are you going?

Dan

• 11 months later...
Hi Paula

We are looking at going to the sunshine coast just north of brisbane got are consaltation this wednesday night and then hopefully go in about 12 - 18 months time. I emailed a company advertising a job in sunshine area and just asked a few questions she said if your a good decorator you wont have a problem getting work and they pay $26 to £32 per hour.Is still a bit of a worry because like you said there isnt much mentioned about decorators on here.But if they want all the other trades there must be work for decorators to follow up.

Were and when are you going?

Dan

Hi Dan I'm a painter and waiting for my visa too. We looking at going to the north Brisbane region. I think its only queensland that require Painters to be licensed, not to sure?Do you know anymore on this??

There is alot of call for decorators in New South Wales, and Western Oz. We were going for NSW but wanted to be on the coast so choose Qld.

What visa have you applied for and when did you apply? Just wondering if the time scale is between 5 and 7 months as they state on their website?

Guest BrisbaneReturners

hi hubby is a painter and decorator and we're moving to brisbane (southside). he doesnt' think you need to be licensed but i'm glad you asked.. good question. dh doesn't sound 100% sure but said he didn't think so. i just started a painters and decorators thread on the work forum.. check it out as it would be good to swap info.

Archived