calNgary

Earth Hour, will you do your bit?

Well tonight (Sat 28th ) at 8.30pm your local time it is Earth Hour , so who will be having an hour of darkness and doing their bit for the enviroment?

Earth Hour

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Well tonight (Sat 28th ) at 8.30pm your local time it is Earth Hour , so who will be having an hour of darkness and doing their bit for the enviroment?

Earth Hour

Cal x

I will. be in bed by that time, early start tomorrow! I didn't even know about it to be honest.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." Bill Gates 1981

lol, cant believe it is the same time as The Bill,lol, why have you an early start on Sunday? it is lie in day,lol

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

lol, cant believe it is the same time as The Bill,lol, why have you an early start on Sunday? it is lie in day,lol

Cal x

the Redcliffe market with our Fudge stall!

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." Bill Gates 1981

ohh you kept that quiet, if i can drag my butt out of bed early enough one sunday might have to treat myself to a trip up there,lol

Cal x

Guest fatpom

Its bit of harmless fun. Then again its not so harmless if it allows more cover of darkness for burglers??? :biglaugh:

I think they do it to compensate for all the electric the xmas decorations/lights used,lol

Cal x

Guest barab

I'll be doing it definately.

We owe it to this fragile world,and us.

I'll be doing it definately.

We owe it to this fragile world,and us.

But The Bill is on? lol, will it matter if i turn everything electric except the TV off,lol

Cal x

Guest barab
But The Bill is on? lol, will it matter if i turn everything electric except the TV off,lol

Cal x

Michael Jackson says it's OK to keep it on for"The Bill"..........He was up a tree at the time so I don't know if he tells the truth!

Guest asrais

We will definately be doing our bit - only heard of it this morning, but I think its a great idea!

Yes, I am in, but I am watching the Bill on TV, but no lights on at all.

Unfortunately I think I am in trouble, as plasma tv's draw some power. Better turn it off after the bill then !!

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

Im off now (well except for TV,lol) gotta do my bit, lol

Cal x

could they not have made it a bit later when the kids were in bed at least we could find something else to do in the dark lol

Think they scheduled the bill at that time as they knew it would give peoplke an incentive to turn off

Here at last:jiggy:

SUFC life not a pastime

I limit myself to 2 drinks a day, I`m now 10 years in front make that 15

The Bill just hasn't been the same since Reg got sacked from the show !! You Brits do great police shows - with the recent series of "Life on Mars" the best ever, loved it, so real to me as I used to work in the London Met Police.

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

Guest steve the spark

Earth Hour

Cal x

totally pointless exercise

do you really think that they turn off the coal fired generators for one hour ??

I can't understand why they need to keep 30 plus story buildings in cities lit up all night. No one in the buildings all night, so cut the lights. It's ridiculous.

John Quincy Adams

Guest Tim

We didn't do it as we were out with friends, I agree it is a bit of a pointless excercise becuas eht ebigger culprits are the TV's, Aitcon Units etc etc. I guess as a statement it was the right thing to sdo but having a practical edge to it not sustainable. The one thing I did when we arrived here was put all the lightbulbs to those low energy type bulbs, which I think is worth while.

Tim

We didn't do it as we were out with friends, I agree it is a bit of a pointless excercise becuas eht ebigger culprits are the TV's, Aitcon Units etc etc. I guess as a statement it was the right thing to sdo but having a practical edge to it not sustainable. The one thing I did when we arrived here was put all the lightbulbs to those low energy type bulbs, which I think is worth while.

Tim

Nothing to do with saving money on the electric my scottish friend:biglaugh:

Mally

SUFC life not a pastime

What makes me laugh ,is the protesters at the g20 protestin bout the climate change , cant fault em ,but the same protesters protest about high fuel /petrol costs , the greens want a carbon tax put on nasty pollutin cars , for climate change . So conclusion want action on climate change as long as it does not involve high fuel bills

SUFC life not a pastime