Dont know what to do- cant stand this worry

Dawn75

Hi, Ive posted on here quite a bit about our decision to stick with the 175 visa instead of switching to 176 visa but I am so worried. Reason we sticking is we cant afford to go till next year anyway and not selling our house so no pressure there.

However Im worrying that they might remove my husbands trade of carpentry from MODL or something !!

If they did maybe we could apply for state sponsership later, but then carpenty may not be available by then.

We only want to live in WA as we have several friends living there, carpentry on the list in WA but I cant find any date if there is a cut off point like SA are doing.

Also I have read on threads they ask about money you will take out with you, we have some savings so far but probably not enough. Has anyone applied to WA and do you need to prove savings ?

Im assuming 176 visas will take a while to process now anyway with so many people switching and then we have a year to validate so that would suit us.

Everything may change in July anyway- I dont mind waiting for the 175 as long as its not years !! ha ha, but just worried they might stop accepting carpenters !!

Never been so stressed in my life ....:arghh:

Hi

We're in exactly the same position. OH a carpenter too, we submitted our visa back in August 08.

We've deciced to stick with the 175. What if we applied for a 176 and they then change the rules regarding these and carpenters are turfed off those lists? I know the same could happen with the 175 - 12 months down the line if it all changes again??? :arghh: Wish I had a crystal ball!

We haven't got the money needed for some states for a 176, don't mind being tied to a particular state for 2 years, but we're gonna wait and see what happens with the 175.

Wish you all the best.

Kim x

Hi

We're in exactly the same position. OH a carpenter too, we submitted our visa back in August 08.

We've deciced to stick with the 175. What if we applied for a 176 and they then change the rules regarding these and carpenters are turfed off those lists? I know the same could happen with the 175 - 12 months down the line if it all changes again??? :arghh: Wish I had a crystal ball!

We haven't got the money needed for some states for a 176, don't mind being tied to a particular state for 2 years, but we're gonna wait and see what happens with the 175.

Wish you all the best.

Kim x

Hi Guys

Dont worry about carpenters being turfed off the list for SS...

Remember once you've got your sponsorship you've got it, regardless of the list changes..

Goodluck anyhow with whatever path you choose, we will all hopefully get there in the end..

Thanks, Im just worried carpentry might get taken off list b4 we make a decision, dont want to get into panic mode ! Anyway dont even know if we have enough money in the bank to apply for SS !!:no:

Qsld doesn't specify or ask for proof of finanaces, just says guestimated bringing amount..

Same could happen with sparkies, but atleast its in now and if we get it its just another option.

I know i've said it before but it was a no brainer for us after seeking advice, after all we wanted to move to Qsld anyhow..

Qsld doesn't specify or ask for proof of finanaces, just says guestimated bringing amount..

Same could happen with sparkies, but atleast its in now and if we get it its just another option.

I know i've said it before but it was a no brainer for us after seeking advice, after all we wanted to move to Qsld anyhow..

Thanks- we heard Qld dont ask for an amount- prob is we really want to go to Perth as our friends live there already and we have researched it for nearly a year and love the sound of it ! God, up until a week ago everything was so straight forward !! :unsure:

Guest moving down under

If I remember correctly WA does ask for proof. We are still 175 but sent off our apps to any of the states with my OH trade on it. You don't need to switch to a 176 right away. You can send off your applications, see if you get sponsorship then you call the DIAC and switch. So really no harm in applying.

Just a thought.

Hi, Ive posted on here quite a bit about our decision to stick with the 175 visa instead of switching to 176 visa but I am so worried. Reason we sticking is we cant afford to go till next year anyway and not selling our house so no pressure there.

However Im worrying that they might remove my husbands trade of carpentry from MODL or something !!

If they did maybe we could apply for state sponsership later, but then carpenty may not be available by then.

We only want to live in WA as we have several friends living there, carpentry on the list in WA but I cant find any date if there is a cut off point like SA are doing.

Also I have read on threads they ask about money you will take out with you, we have some savings so far but probably not enough. Has anyone applied to WA and do you need to prove savings ?

Im assuming 176 visas will take a while to process now anyway with so many people switching and then we have a year to validate so that would suit us.

Everything may change in July anyway- I dont mind waiting for the 175 as long as its not years !! ha ha, but just worried they might stop accepting carpenters !!

Never been so stressed in my life ....:arghh:

go with what suites you your life & you only know whats best you will be happy what ever you do. Chill out & dedress its mothers day go & have a couple of bottles of wine but dont blame me if you get a head ache.

Archived