Problems with snake catchers

Guest tinbasher

Guest tinbasher

Hi

Has anyone else had problems with snake catchers? They charge you a fortune and then they don't even catch the damn thing.

Somewhere running (or should I say slithering) around our neighbourhood is a lovely and very deadly brown snake. :goofy:

He had it in his reach quite a few times, but he was obviously as scared as what we were. However when he had finished his attempt at Swan Lake (or should I say Snake Lake) he held out his hand and demanded the cash for the joy of watching his performance:jimlad: .

I now walk around the garden wearing steel toe caps, full body armour and a helmet that makes me look like Ned Kelly:shocked: . Probably the little brown snake has now slithered to another neighbourhood by now, or perhaps he was working alongside the snake catcher to make as much money as possible. :mad:

Mrs TinB

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Mrs TinB

The snake catcher who was featured on the Wanted Down Under programme on telly was in Perth as far as I can remember, but I do know exactly what you mean. He was prancing about in front of the camera - an elderly geezer, he was - making like he was Steve Irwin. He came across more like Wol in Crocodile Dundee, however.

BullcreekBob is the expert on snake catching on here...... He may know of a DIY method. You could try a PM to him.

Cheers

Gill

Guest tinbasher

Hi Gill

Thanks for that, but not keen on the DIY bit. :confused: We found a Geeko in the house last night and at first glance I was convinced it was a baby brown snake. I immediately locked the dog and daughter in the bedroom just in case it was a brown snake that could open doors:biglaugh: . Not that I'm paranoid or anything, but I think I may need psychological help now:arghh: .

Mrs TinB

What is a 'geeko' please? I have looked in all the books but cannot find such a creature.:huh:

' Not that I'm paranoid or anything, but I think I may need psychological help now . '

Says it all really.....

Is it rumour or fact that you, Mrs T, ignored your very intelligent daughter when she first told you that there was a snake in the yard...? I think we should be told.:P

Many :P

L.C.

Guest tinbasher

Don't get me started on spiders! My poor daughter has turned into a spider whisperer wherever she goes they follow her and try and become very friendly with her. Huntsmen seem to be attracted to her. The best one was the one that ran up the inside of her trousers, but don't worry it was only the size of an extra large cookie. :jiggy: We have the photo's to prove it. Then there's the ones that like to help her open the curtains and play peek a boo. :eek: But hey you get used to them. What I really hate is not the deadly stuff or the nasty biting things it's the &*&^^% ants!

Mrs TinB

Hey what they do where we are is bash the blighters on the head with the biggest shovel they can find - except for a mate of ours who had a 8ft python type curled up in his garage the other week, jesus i need to get muyself some new thongs as im gonna have a big accident if i ever find anything like that lurking near me !!!!

Jo - havent you got a prettier avatar - that one looks like its gonna jump of the computer screen at me :biglaugh:

Guest tinbasher

Ok Lazy Cow, good morning

Yes it is true that I did not believe my poor daughter who told me that there was a brown snake in the garden, how did you know that one Mrs Cow. :skeptical:

Mrs TinB

What is a 'geeko' please? I have looked in all the books but cannot find such a creature.:huh:

' Not that I'm paranoid or anything, but I think I may need psychological help now . '

Says it all really.....

Is it rumour or fact that you, Mrs T, ignored your very intelligent daughter when she first told you that there was a snake in the yard...? I think we should be told.:P

Many :P

L.C.

LC a geko is like a lizard ,not sure how its spelt but its prononounced like i wrote it !! overall i agree with tinbasher ,,if i could swap all my make up-,perfume and clothes with god do you think he would cull the ants ??????????? they are a pain in the bum and i have lost count of how much i spend on ant killer ,i think there mates wait outside for me to spray ,,then its a case of come on guys ,shes sprayed and gone ,lets invade !!!

Cal x

p.s i believe castor sugar makes them infertile ,and talc keeps them away but how can you sprinkle talc all over the house ???

Er, sorry, that 'geeko' thing was me taking the mick out of Mrs T.

And it's gecko (she added sheepishly!):redface:

So if caster sugar renders ant infertile, and talc keeps them away, have you any hints for keeping kids at bay???

Yours eagerly,

LC

Guest Gollywobbler

HI all

Geckos are dear little souls. Completely harmless, they eat spiders so they are automatic ceiling cleaners, keeping cobwebs at bay. We lived in Malaysia when I was a child and my sister and i used to catch them and try to keep them as pets. they have a "quick release catch" in their tails. If a predator gets them by the tail, the tail drops off and they look a bit stumpy for a while but they grow a new one quite quickly. Our cats used to try to catch them, unsuccessfully.

One poor little mite must have fallen asleep on the ceiling, though. He fell off and fell through a fan which was rotating at the time. He was on the floor but he wasn't dead. The dog wuzzocked over for a look. I'd have stopped that if I had known the dog was going to eat the poor little blighter.

Cheers

Gill

Bl***y hell, l really wish l hadnt read this thread now. l know this is deviating from the subject somewhat but did anyone see Neighbours on Tues? l swear this Fraser geezer in a conversation at the bar with Will said 'Paul f***ing Robinson'!?!?!

l dont normally watch it honest :)

Lyn x

Guest tinbasher
Er, sorry, that 'geeko' thing was me taking the mick out of Mrs T.

And it's gecko (she added sheepishly!):redface:

So if caster sugar renders ant infertile, and talc keeps them away, have you any hints for keeping kids at bay???

Yours eagerly,

LC

Dear LC

A Geeko, for your information Mrs, is a small creature that wears glasses, sits in the corner of your room and annoys you with boring facts and scientific information! Oh that could be me then!!!!!!:nah:

Mrs TinB

Guest Fat Boy Fat

Tinbasher

have you tried getting some Mongoose poo from the zoo, rub it all round the house and the snake will stay away. As for the spiders hire a big spider suit and do the traditional spider dance the spiders will think a really big spider has moved in and run away scared.

I did the same thing when we were in Africa but it was monkeys not spiders and I wore a monkey suit and did a monkey dance...... not the same at all really is it?

Guest tinbasher

Dear FBF

I don't know what you have been drinking (did you find some Carling Black Label) but can you let us all have some please. The thought of a fat man jumping around in a monkey suite will give me nightmares tonight. Thanks for that. :biglaugh:

Mrs TinB

Yes, thank you Fat Boy Fat,you certainly paint an interesting picture! :confused: (Why oh why isn't there a 'puking your guts up' smilie?)

I think your ideas sound most rational and well thought out. Mrs T. obviously really likes the snakes, geckos, spiders, dust and dirt she seems to be cultivating in her home.

In fact, I think she deserves all the nightmares you'll give her.

One thing though FBF, have you actually taken the monket suit off? Or are you normally that hairy-bottomed?

LC

Guest tinbasher

Wow I never thought of that dressing my hubbie up in a scarecrow outfit and putting him in the garden, I like your style Mrs.

Yes you can buy spray, but we never wanted to do that as we do not like to harm things. However the amount of nasty things that are finding their way in make me want to change my mind, and no it is not because our house is dusty or dirty Mrs Lazy Cow. With a name like that I shall say no more. LOL:biglaugh:

Mrs TinB

Archived