Sign in to follow this  
Guest The McT's

Give it a fair go here folks..............

Guest The McT's

I keep reading new threads & posts from PIO'ers who seem quickly & suddenly deflated after arrival. Please give Australia a fair go.

If you search this site you can see that lots of people go through a range of complex and often contradictorary emotions on arrival and in the early days.

It takes guts to put your (adult) selves under scrutiny to become migrants.

It takes guts & humility to enter the job market, after years working as a qualified tradie or other professional in the UK - a lot of people can't take this 'challenge' to their view of themselves.

Get over it nobody here gives flying f*** what you did in the UK.---- (But I had a team of 25 in Waltham Forest in charge of investigating weevils, doesn't this count for something here? ....Actually.... No ......nobody understands or cares, get over yourself & find something you can do here)

Give it a fair go, make an effort, and you might find it pretty ok here......

Guest NurseFlo

I'm so tempted to put "weevil" into google right now.......

your right though , only been here two weeks and that message is getting through all ready !

to much partying to much booze gives you spots and makes you snooze!

sharon.

Guest 0405delboy
I keep reading new threads & posts from PIO'ers who seem quickly & suddenly deflated after arrival. Please give Australia a fair go.

If you search this site you can see that lots of people go through a range of complex and often contradictorary emotions on arrival and in the early days.

It takes guts to put your (adult) selves under scrutiny to become migrants.

It takes guts & humility to enter the job market' date=' after years working as a qualified tradie or other professional in the UK - a lot of people can't take this 'challenge' to their view of themselves.

Get over it nobody here gives flying f*** what you did in the UK.---- (But I had a team of 25 in Waltham Forest in charge of investigating weevils, doesn't this count for something here? ....Actually.... No ......nobody understands or cares, get over yourself & find something you can do here)

Give it a fair go, make an effort, and you might find it pretty ok here......[/quote']

How much were you paid to say that and do you actually exist???

I wholeheartedly agreed but in recent times there are a few people who simply couldn't find work and didn't have enough money to stay any longer - they did give Australia a 'fair chance' but as an adult you have to behave responsibly and for some that has been giving up their dreams & returning to the UK.

Jules

that could be us ... but i hope not , but its right re the the i have had this career for life , for us anyway..

sharon.

that could be us ... but i hope not , but its right re the the i have had this career for life , for us anyway..

Oh yes, me too, in the UK I got most of my work on the strength of the other companies I'd worked for here they are unheard of.

On the otherhand both OH & I have experienced the other extreme where it is perceived we must be incredibly talented because we were sponsored to be here (a first for the company) and people very interested in our UK experience.

I do enntirely agree with the OP it's just people return to the UK for all kinds of reasons

Jules

we love it its just the visa skill we came on the works dire so were now applying for all sorts , took us a bit of headspace to get that into our heads lol ... were like but our jobs this... i feel so much for people who have to go back that don't want to, we have only been here a couple of weeks so fingers crossed ..

sharon.

When tradies cant get work ,its alright sayin look for other employment , if you are lucky and get a job the money is poor , I could not have brought a family up on $21 an hour but $25 tea money a month

Here at last:jiggy:

SUFC life not a pastime

I limit myself to 2 drinks a day, I`m now 10 years in front make that 15

When tradies cant get work ,its alright sayin look for other employment , if you are lucky and get a job the money is poor , I could not have brought a family up on $21 an hour but $25 tea money a month

can you get yorshire tea here? thats the best..

sharon.

yes i know but i`m slowly turnin aussie have not had a cuppa in months ,coffee monster now.

SUFC life not a pastime

blah... yuk!

sharon.

Is that yer dog in Byford nick ,I think we have a foto in the same spot lol

SUFC life not a pastime

Is that yer dog in Byford nick ,I think we have a foto in the same spot lol

yes bless him though he is home now and in his pride of place ... the sofa , well armchair lol

sharon.