Supermarket Cashier Wage?

emmaj

Having had little to no interest from numerous job applications im now starting to worry that Im not going to be able to find a job that easily when i arrive in Perth late April.

Ive just looked at both Coles and the woolworths websites and found that they are recruiting for a number of cashier roles full and part time but they dont say what the wage is.

Does anyone know what wage this type of role gets? Do you get more for working at the weekend of late nights and also do they get a staff discount and if so how much?

I really dont want to be out of work, so i will try my hand at anything and as ive worked in a supermarket before this seemed like a good option.

Many thanks

Emma

x

Guest snow white

hi im not sure on the wage but i know my eldest said that she thought it was more than her wage for being in admin in an office and shes only on $15 per hour sure she said $20 per hour

lesley x

Guest ABCDiamond

Some actual wages from ALDI last year:

August 2008

• ALDI Supermarket vacancies
    • Area Manager $79,600 (inc Super) = $73,000 + super
    • Assistant Store Manager $49,450 to $65,000
    • Retail Assistant Permanent Part Time $19.40 per hour
    • Limited Roster Retail Assistant Permanent Part Time $18.45 per hour

My friend's son works in coles after school and at week-ends, and I think she said he gets $10 an hour and either time and a half or double at the week-ends or sundays. Can't remember the exact details, but it was actually good money!

Archived