Changes to demand list?

Guest leeanne0312

Guest leeanne0312

My friend in Brisbane has saw on the news that they are removing bricklayers, carpenters and welders from the list!!!!!!!!! :realmad: Does anyone else know anything about this as we are just about to apply and my o/h is a brickie.

HELP!!!!!!!:arghh:

Hi they have made changes and have taken off various trades from the lists, have a read of the migration section as there are a few threads detailing whats happened and also some proffesinol advice on what to do from varying agents.

Cal x

Guest leeanne0312
Hi they have made changes and have taken off various trades from the lists, have a read of the migration section as there are a few threads detailing whats happened and also some proffesinol advice on what to do from varying agents.

Cal x

Panic over it was just the CSL he was removed from and not the MODL. Just slow down processing processing times. Thanks for replying!!! Hows sunny Brisbane?? Cant wait to eventually get there!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
My friend in Brisbane has saw on the news that they are removing bricklayers, carpenters and welders from the list!!!!!!!!! Does anyone else know anything about this as we are just about to apply and my o/h is a brickie.

HELP!!!!!!!

Removing these trades has made things sooo much more difficult! We are already in Oz on a working holiday visa and our paperwork has been delayed with the case officer, applying to be sponsored on the 457 by my partners welding company here. We now have a HUGE problem, as his company are closing by the end of the month now!! We now have to try and approach other companies to ask if they have any welding vacancies and if they will sponsor us. No luck so far, just no jobs near the Gold Coast :sad:

If the visa is granted, we have 28 days to find a new sponsor! My BF has 11 years experience in MIG welding but no qualifications, which has made it even harder. I really can't face the prospect of going back to England come June when our visa runs out or in 28 days if the 457 visa is refused before his company close!

HELP! :chatterbox:

Guest samandgum

hi if you are coming over here to work as a brickie just have a good look for a job first - as i have been looking and have had no luck so far.

if you check out the job web sites there are non on there, just 1 or 2 for all of australia i think its because of the housing market going down and a lot of the big house building comanies have gone bankrupt.

have you got any other skills that you could look in to?

good luck

it is great over here though so if you can find a way of getting sponsored or using a different profession (as many qualifications don't mean a lot here) you should, its worth it!

mark

Archived