and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest theturnerclan

safety beach... anyone?

Guest theturnerclan

Hi, we have just viewed a rental down in Safety Beach... probably won't get it but on the off chance can anyone tell me anything about the area... schools..etc.

We were originally looking at Mornington and I know it's not too far away but I wasn't sure about doc, dentist and schools.

cheers,

Shelley

Only thing is it gets a little blowy in the winter as the westerly blows straight over to Mornington and Safety Beach. Mornington you can live further back where its still blowy but ok but Safety Beach is more exposed. Also think if you are considering living their long term its flood prone there and I think you should inquire about that with the council.

Bit too far from the shops for me too. You will need a car or two if one works.

Therer is the new development there though.

If you want to be out of the wind McCrae, Rosebud and Rye are the places as they are in the lea of Arthurs Seat.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

Guest theturnerclan

cheers Petals.

We've had a re think over night. OH job is not 100% so I don't think realistically we can commit to Safety beach - if it does go wrong and he needs to look for another one - looking on Seek they are going to be Melbourne South - the commute if this happened would be too long.. can't tell you how gutted I am, but I have to be realistic. His boss arranged for us to view a rental on the Brookfield green estate in Cranbourne which is ok for 6 months until we get to know the area better I just need to look at primary schools.

Thanks again.

Guest AJB
Hi, we have just viewed a rental down in Safety Beach... probably won't get it but on the off chance can anyone tell me anything about the area... schools..etc.

We were originally looking at Mornington and I know it's not too far away but I wasn't sure about doc, dentist and schools.

cheers,

Shelley

If you want to have a look at another rental in McCrae - next suburb to Safety Beach let us know.

We have a 3 BR house for rent. Can send pictures etc if interested.

Regards

AJB

labylart@impaq.com.au

:idea:

Guest theturnerclan
If you want to have a look at another rental in McCrae - next suburb to Safety Beach let us know.

We have a 3 BR house for rent. Can send pictures etc if interested.

Regards

AJB

labylart@impaq.com.au

:idea:

Thanks AJB

Until we are sure that the OH work is a 100% (they are awaiting a contract) we can't commit to moving that far down the peninsula... gutted that we couldn't go for the one in Safety Beach - been down the coast road today and really want to live down there but looks like we'll have to stick to suburbia for the time being... that said we care only commiting to a 6 month rental... things may be v different in 6 months time. I'll drop u a line if things change.

thanks again.