Guest massagh

Your Names Not Down You're Not Getting In????

Guest massagh

Hi

With all the new changes to the CSL most people have been thrown towards State Sponsorship.

What about those who are not on the eligible trades list for their choosen State, do they have any other options???

Thanks

Hi Massagh,

Try not to be too down about the situation. There has been a lot of doom and gloom this week but, no-one is saying you won't get in - it might just take a lot longer than you were originally anticipating.

Cheers.

Guest eurosyl

All rules and regulations for visa eligibility are unchanged and still apply. The CSL is nothing more or less than a priority steering mechanism. Currently statesponsorship is seen as a similar item. If you want in quick.. either state sponsorship or CSL is required.

But.. let's step back a bit. When I applied there was no CSL. And state sponsorship was mainly used by those that could not get to 120 points to apply for a VE175. And wait times.. a year for LR and over 15 months HR on average.

It seems that everyone is afraid that applicants without state sponsorship or CSL are no longer welcome in Australia. That is not true at all! But economic circumstances require a different profile for the applicants that enter NOW.

If you are eligible for a visa, not on MODL/CSL, apply and be prepared for a wait. There is no way that Australia can fill their planned immigration levels with just applicants from either state/territory sponsorship, CSL and even MODL. It will take time, but eventually you will be on top of the stack. (Needless to say that if you can apply for a state sponsorship you should try it.)

My 2cts.

Sylvia

Guest massagh

Thanks for your reply.

At first when the whole news came to light we were really shocked/ disapointed - I'm not really sure what the feeling was. Could also have been added to by a serious hangover (Pre Paddys Day Celebrations)lol.

But from reading the posts since the news about all of the job troubles we have decided that we are fine here -for now!!!!

It is just that loads of people are applying for State Sponsorship, but Victoria doesnt sponsor Brickies so it isnt an option for us. I couldn't imagine settling for another State just to be there especially if there is no work.

So I was just trying to find out what others were thinking of doing, if anything!!!

Thanks again for the reply

Sharon

Guest wiggly
Thanks for your reply.

At first when the whole news came to light we were really shocked/ disapointed - I'm not really sure what the feeling was. Could also have been added to by a serious hangover (Pre Paddys Day Celebrations)lol.

But from reading the posts since the news about all of the job troubles we have decided that we are fine here -for now!!!!

It is just that loads of people are applying for State Sponsorship, but Victoria doesnt sponsor Brickies so it isnt an option for us. I couldn't imagine settling for another State just to be there especially if there is no work.

So I was just trying to find out what others were thinking of doing, if anything!!!

Thanks again for the reply

Sharon

We thought about changing to state sponsorship, but for now we are going to hang on and stay put on the 175.

We have the same opinion of eurosyl, when we started this my husbands occupation was not on the CSL, there was no CSL as this was only introduced recently in January.

So nothing lost really it just means there will be a bit of a wait, to be honest we expected that anyway. The only difference with the CSL was that we had hopes of getting our visa summer this year maybe.

I wont lie it is a bummer as we are currently fooked here with the companies we worked for making us redundant. However due to the work situation currently in Oz for some people, we had no plans to go over immediately and live the high life, we just wanted the security and satisfaction of having that visa in our hands. As once we had that we could relax and decide what's best at that time.

Dont let this change ruin your dream, just adapt your plans and you will get there ! :wink: