Possibly a very dumb question?

Dawny

I'd quite like to know the answer to this one too Dawny. I've read somewhere that if you do get State Sposorship, that its is only valid for 6 months. Thats going to be rather a rush!! Does anyone know how this works?

Lisa

X

Guest Squem

I believe for the 176 visa you have a year to validate! I'm sure thats what my dad has told me anyways as we are applying for a 176 visa!

Emma

(fellow Smartie) x

Guest AndyandYvonneD

Hi,

There is no difference in validation requirements between 175/176 visas.

Yvonne & Andy x

yvonne is right

the only difference between 175 and 176 is 176 is state sponsored meaning you have to live in that state for 2 years before you can work in another state to your sponsor not to be confused with 457 sponsored visa which is a company sponsor.

for 175/176 you have 1 year from either medicals or police check (they choose usually the first one done but not in my case so not always) to validate once validated you have 5 years from your medicals or police checks which ever one they went with to move out there.

To validate you only have to go through australian customs so technically you could come back on the same plane but that would be one hell of a flight.

also i read somewhere the main applicant has to go through customs first .

hope this helps

then

Many thanks for that information - very useful.

I'm presuming you have already received your visa???

I've just booked tickets for an expo in Leeds this weekend so hoping to get most of my questions answered there instead of bugging everybody on here.

Many thanks.

Andrea

yes i got my visa in january just after they introduced the csl which i would have been 4th in line so in the same boat as Dawny but was lucky must have had a case officer without knowing.

Don't worry about putting questions on here none of us mind one bit,most of us have asked the same questions and know what it feels like through the whole process.

Guest AndyandYvonneD

Hi,

Brammies thats right, main visa applicant has to go through customs first.

Yvonne & Andy x

Congratulations on getting your visa, I bet you are so pleased. It just looks so far away for us at the moment. I can't even apply until the end of the year as I am not deemed qualified enough until then (even though all exams are passed!!!!!).

I have been looking at New South Wales, Wollongong area and having looked on the NSW government website Accountant seems to be on their CSL. It is also on the main CSL. Do you know if you have enough points for your occupation, do you also have to undertake this IELTS test?

I'm just looking so forward to this Expo as I just have so many different facts running round in my head.

Andrea

Archived