Should i book medicals?

Guest Tracey Jay

Guest Tracey Jay

Hi all.....need some(more) advice please...... Got confirmation of state sponsorship...yipeeeee

I know you are supposed to get a CO in 10 working days from them being notified but how long does it take to notify them? I know how long is a piece of string?? :arghh:

I"ve faxed my letter and form 1100 to WA but is it going to sit there another few weeks now??

I"ve made enquires about medicals at my local clinic today. They have a 4 week waiting list. Will it be worth me booking them now? £235 per adult £180 for a 12 year old and £100 for a 9 year old. Is this reasonable?? Rung round a few places further afield but no one"s answering.

When I book I have to pay, it"s alot of money to loose if things all change again!! We all know how they like to keep us on our toes and change things over night!!

Ideally I would like my CO before I have my medicals but do I book my medicals before I get my CO...AAAHHHH.

Any feed back greatly appreciated Tracey

Hi Tracey

Not sure whereabouts you live. We've got our medicals at Handsworth Medical Centre in Birmingham booked for 8 April and it's costing us £660 all together including £50 courier fee to Australia

It worked out at £260 x 2 adults, £90 x 1 13 year old and £50 x 1 7 year old.

Denise

Denise

Guest Tracey Jay

Thanks Denise,

We live in Leeds. Managed to ring round a few more. Got it down to £670 in Sheffield, so think it"s worth the drive to save £80. Still can"t make are minds up whether to book them before we get CO. Not as long a waiting for Sheffield though.

Good luck with yours Tracey x

Thanks Denise,

We live in Leeds. Managed to ring round a few more. Got it down to £670 in Sheffield, so think it"s worth the drive to save £80. Still can"t make are minds up whether to book them before we get CO. Not as long a waiting for Sheffield though.

Good luck with yours Tracey x

Hi Tracey

Have you tried ringing Huddersfield, its closer to you and cheaper than both sheffield and leeds...

We live sheffield end and went for huddersfield due to price..

Total cost for meds for 2 adults and 2 children, xrays and bloods was £540..

We only went in Feb so prices will still be the same..

Goodluck

Guest Tracey Jay

Thanks Yorkshire clan. I"ve tried ringing Huddersfield a few times and it"s just an answer machine. For a saving like that I"ll keep trying!! It"s a bit saving on the Leeds price, we thought we were getting a bargin at Sheffield. You know what us yorkshire folk are like!?!?

Thanks again Tracey

• 5 months later...
Guest shawgorbys

HI thats really good just remember they only last 12 months mine have expired so we have just lost £7oo and our visas have been refused so upto now we have lost nearlly £3000 all coz we havent sold the house so please be carefull and take care we are going to start the process all over again but in the new yr i will keep you all up to date Andrea,Gary,Tom,Jack,xxx PS sorry for negativity but im a little stressed at the min and just wanted to warn you

Guest Sebbers
Hi all.....need some(more) advice please...... Got confirmation of state sponsorship...yipeeeee

I know you are supposed to get a CO in 10 working days from them being notified but how long does it take to notify them? I know how long is a piece of string?? :arghh:

I"ve faxed my letter and form 1100 to WA but is it going to sit there another few weeks now??

I"ve made enquires about medicals at my local clinic today. They have a 4 week waiting list. Will it be worth me booking them now? £235 per adult £180 for a 12 year old and £100 for a 9 year old. Is this reasonable?? Rung round a few places further afield but no one"s answering.

When I book I have to pay, it"s alot of money to loose if things all change again!! We all know how they like to keep us on our toes and change things over night!!

Ideally I would like my CO before I have my medicals but do I book my medicals before I get my CO...AAAHHHH.

Any feed back greatly appreciated Tracey

Hi,

We waited 2 1/2 weeks from sending our form 1100 back to getting a c/o allocated. We too are having our meds done in Leeds a week on Friday. We are now waiting for the meds which is a nuisance given that everything on the diac website has changed to met apart from meds and pc's. I guess it's down to your own preference but I wish we'd had ours done earlier instead of having to wait around for them to be done.

Jen

HI thats really good just remember they only last 12 months mine have expired so we have just lost £7oo and our visas have been refused so upto now we have lost nearlly £3000 all coz we havent sold the house so please be carefull and take care we are going to start the process all over again but in the new yr i will keep you all up to date Andrea,Gary,Tom,Jack,xxx PS sorry for negativity but im a little stressed at the min and just wanted to warn you

Why was visa refused, sorry to here this, good luck in the new yr.

Guest shawgorbys

HI Proview we got told to have meds so we went to st john st in Manchester there the doctor found an infection in my sons ear so it was off to are own doctors then then on to ENT at the hospital for the doctor at the hospital to then send a letter to the medical doctor and then my son having an opp so the time was all to long as our paperwork for visas were in Sydney but know meds so visa refused but only just got told all this so you take care and good luck with everything PS i see your in manchester were abouts maybe a meet up on here soon Andrea,Gary,Jack,Tom,

Guest maxfactornackerlacker
Hi Tracey

Not sure whereabouts you live. We've got our medicals at Handsworth Medical Centre in Birmingham booked for 8 April and it's costing us £660 all together including £50 courier fee to Australia

It worked out at £260 x 2 adults, £90 x 1 13 year old and £50 x 1 7 year old.

Denise

Denise

Hi Eammon,

I live in Solihull, so I presume that I couldn't get the meds done any closer or cheaper than yours. i haven't done any research yet, as am expecting result fromm SS application in mid September.

Do you have the contact details ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Archived