Jump to content
Guest brownfamily

Motorbike Test?

Recommended Posts

Guest brownfamily

Hi all,


OH wanted to be able to ride a motorbike over in Oz. He hasn't actually passed his motorbike test over here yet, so I just wondered whether if he passed it here would that be recognised in Oz. I have to say that I don't know alot about bikes, but I think the crash course he would have here is over a week and would cost about £600.


Or if it's not recognised in Oz then is it probably easier to wait till he gets to Oz to do the test (I take it there is a test needed<) , and if so has anyone got any ideas how much it is going to cost if he does the test in Oz?


Any advice very much appreciated as he has wanted to do this for years!!!:eek:





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

hiya it would be recognised here so you shouldnt have a problem,not sure of the catergory listing thou meaning ,if he just does his cbt in the uk im unsure as to if he will still have to stick with lower horsepower or if its open here,(hope that makes sense) ,also if you do pass your licence in Oz you are not allowed pillion passengers for 12mth,personally i would get a full bike licence in the uk and just straight swap for any aussie one when you get here,thats if he has time ,,

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now