How many Stat Dec's? (888)

Guest Ozplorers

Guest Ozplorers

My partner and I are about to apply for my Spouse Visa (309). We've read previous posts on here and have decided to 'Frontload' the application as that seems to move things along quicker. My question is how many Stat Dec’s (888) did people include? So far we have 2, one from my partner’s father and one from her cousin, both Australian citizens. Do you think 2 is enough?

Thanks.

ive seen other posts on this,and most seem to go with between 5-7 I would say,just get parents any brothers and sisters and close friends to do one,you will soon have enough

PS

they dont have to be aussie citizens,even though thats what the 888 form state

Guest Furball

We have 2 Aussies (the OH's mum, and BF - Don't forget to put a certified copy of their passport in too) and also English ones from OH's ex-landlady and my dad, also one from a friend in Spain whose wedding we went to last year... we were getting one from a mutual friend here too but her dad got sick and we didn't want to chase!

They (I am told and have read) like to have 2 Aussie ones plus any others. If you can't get aussie ones then it's not that big a deal but they like them...

I am currently overdue to hear from a C/O (and am tearing my hair out) but will let you know if they say anything about the stat decs...

F xx

Guest whiskeyonesix

They don't have to be Aussie citizens?

Holy crap!

I've just submitted the next part of my Spousal visa, and even though they've asked for two, I've sent three, all Aussie citizens, none relatives, just my Wife's boss (A Lawyer), my Accountant, and our Bank Manager - who's known my wife for years.

We thought about getting relatives statements, but decided it would look better if the Decs came from professional types.

Archived