General Skilled Migration Program - capping and amendment of CSL

George Lombard

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest the dobbas

hi all

i wonder what the numbers were two years ago because if they say about 50% go to visas already there i wonder what is left for now.

I think that it is heartbreaking that they take all of your money to get through the Vetassess and the visa application and then what????? Nothing. What a huge waste of time and money.

I think that we have wasted another £730 getting meds and police checks that i suspect will now expire before they even think about looking at the MODL list.

I think so many people's dreams are fading fast today.

Wont people like yourself who have applied for visa before these changes be ok? surely they cant knock you back if you have already lodged?

Guest madplumber1
I think that it is heartbreaking that they take all of your money to get through the Vetassess and the visa application and then what????? Nothing. What a huge waste of time and money.

I think that we have wasted another £730 getting meds and police checks that i suspect will now expire before they even think about looking at the MODL list.

Try phoning the ASPC (Adelaide Skills Processing Centre) to ask for a status check on you visa application, we did and thats how we got ours pushed through!!! I rang every few days, if you have an agent then don't mention you have one unless asked otherwise they won't give any info out....best time is 11pm GMT, they seem to answer the phone!!!....good luck

madplumber

Hi Pablo, according to allen collett all will be effected.

Thats a bleedin joke,bang out of order,so all those brickys etc have paid out for agents,meds vetasses AND already lodged WONT be considered? thats unbelievable!surely they should/could have put a cut off date on a cpl of months back,i.e all those with applications in by the date of the announcement of the changes would still be considered?

Guest welshspark

If it does affect people like me and every 1 else who has lodged their visa then they are taking the pi** big time some off us have paid out a lot of money does this mean the government is going to pay our money back I dont think so

Guest Mel.R
Try phoning the ASPC (Adelaide Skills Processing Centre) to ask for a status check on you visa application, we did and thats how we got ours pushed through!!! I rang every few days, if you have an agent then don't mention you have one unless asked otherwise they won't give any info out....best time is 11pm GMT, they seem to answer the phone!!!....good luck

madplumber

Thanks for the advise

Do you think that is worth a try even though we have now been "dumped" from the CSL list?? What makes me feel worse is that they have allocated case officers to people that applied after us even when we were on the list. I did email them to find out what was happening last week but never heard back.

Mx

Thats a bleedin joke,bang out of order,so all those brickys etc have paid out for agents,meds vetasses AND already lodged WONT be considered? thats unbelievable!surely they should/could have put a cut off date on a cpl of months back,i.e all those with applications in by the date of the announcement of the changes would still be considered?

These changes to CSL don't mean that those affected won't get their visas it just means they will have to wait considerably longer for them. The CSL only determines which skills get priority not who does or doesn't get a visa. Still bad news I know but not the end of the world.

We'll all get our visas eventually. We just have to wait longer. And to look at the bigger picture, if there aren't jobs, then it's probably better to wait a bit anyway. I know if you're in the middle of getting ready to go and have sorted stuff out expecting to go soon then it's well annoying. Just wait for the dust to settle and speak to your agents.

Sue x

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/455069-post14.html

Those who are affected by their occupation being removed from the CSL should be considering their alternatives, in an effort to have their application pushed up the processing pecking order. Bricklayers, electricians, and other trade skills applications are still on the subclass 176 sponsored occupations lists of the State and Territory Governments.

As to by-passing your agent and phoning the Department directly - if you feel that way about your agent do the right thing and formally dispense with your agent's services.

Best regards.

If it does affect people like me and every 1 else who has lodged their visa then they are taking the pi** big time some off us have paid out a lot of money does this mean the government is going to pay our money back I dont think so

C'mon - get a grip!

Apply for State Sponsorship - sooner rather than later, because there will be lots of people with the same occupation as you doing so if they are properly informed.

Best regards.

Guest purplewitch

Alan

would you know if there is any disruption to the 176 family sponsored visa? Our skills arent on the CSL list, but are on the MODL, we lodged our application in Feb, but am now concerned that as the CSL is changing then maybe our application will take a considerable time longer with the people being moved from CSL, we were anticipating about a 12 month wait, what is your opinion on this? should we be expecting longer?

thanks

Guest Mel.R

Those who are affected by their occupation being removed from the CSL should be considering their alternatives, in an effort to have their application pushed up the processing pecking order. Bricklayers, electricians, and other trade skills applications are still on the subclass 176 sponsored occupations lists of the State and Territory Governments.

As to by-passing your agent and phoning the Department directly - if you feel that way about your agent do the right thing and formally dispense with your agent's services.

Best regards.

Alan

Point taken - you are quite right. Just feel a bit upset about what has happen this morning. It seemed so close last week and very far away again today. Sorry did not intentionally mean that i would bypass agent.

I cannot fault the service that we have received from our agent and will not bypass him. we are at the beginning of applying for state sponsorship and will keep fingers crossed that this is successful!!!

Mx

Hi

I recieved a Case Officer last week and have since been for my meds. My occupation has now been taken off the CSL. Does anyone know if the CO will stop processing my application or am I very lucky to get one just in time?

Am totally gutted about removal of carpenters from the list- although before the introduction of the CSL in Jan we were expecting a long wait for visa but then got excited when we heard we could be fast tracked. So its now getting your head round thats its back to a long wait again ! Wonder how long it will actually take now though ?

So glad didnt have meds done as was waiting for CO allocation. Trying to look on bright side but really fed up :(

Guest Sebbers

Hi Mel,

I agree with you, we were about to book our meds for the end of this month, I'm so glad we haven't as at the moment it seems like we'd be throwing more money down the drain!

Guest madplumber1

Best regards.

Your knowledge of the migration process is unsepassable and for that we all thankyou..

however some agents employees are a bit dizzy to say the least and not mentioning that you have an agent till asked by the ASPC does work, Im living proof of it. Had I not pushed it I would still be twiddling my thumbs wondering whats going on.

yours respectfully

madplumber

These changes to CSL don't mean that those affected won't get their visas it just means they will have to wait considerably longer for them. The CSL only determines which skills get priority not who does or doesn't get a visa. Still bad news I know but not the end of the world.

Yes i know,im just saying that it would have been a bit more considerate to have a cut off date for those who have "already" applied when they "were" on the csl?

We'll all get our visas eventually. We just have to wait longer. And to look at the bigger picture, if there aren't jobs, then it's probably better to wait a bit anyway. I know if you're in the middle of getting ready to go and have sorted stuff out expecting to go soon then it's well annoying. Just wait for the dust to settle and speak to your agents.

Sue x

Good point sue,i was just going to say that even though we have our pr visa "its not much use at the moment anyway",theres no work for brickies out there ,so no point in us moving over yet,hopefully by the time its ok to go over the trades might be back on the csl anyway.

Alan

would you know if there is any disruption to the 176 family sponsored visa? Our skills arent on the CSL list, but are on the MODL, we lodged our application in Feb, but am now concerned that as the CSL is changing then maybe our application will take a considerable time longer with the people being moved from CSL, we were anticipating about a 12 month wait, what is your opinion on this? should we be expecting longer?

thanks

I am afraid that family sponsored applications are likely to take a fair while to move to visa grant. Longer than 12 months is a reasonable expectation - I can't say how much longer though.

What is your nominated occupation? I can have a quick look to establish whether yours is an occupation that could be sponsored by a State or Territory Government.

Being family sponsored you might also ask your rellies in Australia to lobby the Minister for a more favourable consideration of applications such as yours.

Best regards.

Guest Sebbers

I for one did feel like there was light at the end of the tunnel when the latest update from aspc was announced stating that all csl apps were expected to have a co by the end of the May. My journey so far has been far from straight forward and to have the rug pulled from under my feet once again has got me thinking whether this is all worthwhile. It's not that long ago I like many others was asking the question as to when 175 csl apps were to be processed - feel like I'm back to square one given that aspc have not yet announced when modl apps. will be processed if at all during the current migration programme. I assume that if modl apps are not processed this year at the start of the new migration year that the same principal applies and that sponsored apps receive priority first, then csl and then modl if so, are we ever likely to get our visa grants?

I for one did feel like there was light at the end of the tunnel when the latest update from aspc was announced stating that all csl apps were expected to have a co by the end of the May. My journey so far has been far from straight forward and to have the rug pulled from under my feet once again has got me thinking whether this is all worthwhile. It's not that long ago I like many others was asking the question as to when 175 csl apps were to be processed - feel like I'm back to square one given that aspc have not yet announced when modl apps. will be processed if at all during the current migration programme. I assume that if modl apps are not processed this year at the start of the new migration year that the same principal applies and that sponsored apps receive priority first, then csl and then modl if so, are we ever likely to get our visa grants?

And your occupation is ...?

Best regards.

Archived