General Skilled Migration Program - capping and amendment of CSL

George Lombard

Guest chris_mac
Hi, Does anybody know would it be possible to apply for Goverment State sponsorship when you have a working holiday visa? and being in Australia at that time "

thanks for your help.

Hi Asad

You can apply for state sponsorship from any place at any time... If you have any more questions my friend i would open a new post..

best wishes

Chris

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gollywobbler
Hi, Does anybody know would it be possible to apply for Goverment State sponsorship when you have a working holiday visa? and being in Australia at that time "

thanks for your help.

Hi Asad

Are you currently on a Working Holiday visa?

You are thinking about the whole thing "back to front" as it were. State Sponsorship is only relevant if you are eligible for a GSM visa in the first place.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

What is your occupation? Please choose from the SOL above.

Having identified your occupation, please consult the ASRI List next:

A-Z Occupations List - Australian Skills Recognition Information

Would you be able to get a positive skills assessment in whatever the occupation is? This bit is not negotiable because you cannot apply for a GSM visa unless you get a positive skills assessment first, and if the visa requires you to produce the results of an IELTS test then you need to do that as well before you would be eligible for either State Sponsorship or a GSM visa.

If your occupation is on the SOL and you could secure a positive skills assessment, then and only then do the State/Territory Sponsorship provisions become relevant:

State & Territory Migration Sites - australia.gov.au

Best wishes

Gill

Guest The "legdes"

The Sowters,

Very similar to you - Toolmaker. Have applied for SA too. Good luck - hope both of ours come through very quickly and that DIAC don't cast aside our SS status when (fingers crossed) we do get it. Good news is that both our occs are still on the revised SA list !

My job Occuppation is a vehicle sprayer. And I have done an apprenticeship as well but the only problem is that I have not actually received the Certificates yet...... i finished my apprenticeship back in 2006. I got a letter from my employer and the other people saying that i have completed my course. But i think thats not good enough really.......\\

I am keep asking the person who deals with my paper work and he keeps telling me he is doing his best to get them to me......I don't really know what to do..........

I am in Australia on Tourist visa now. can someone please know the best solutions. thanks

Basically if it was possible i would love to stay in Au .....but might have to go to NEW zealand and get a working holiday visa first..........

My job Occuppation is a vehicle sprayer. And I have done an apprenticeship as well but the only problem is that I have not actually received the Certificates yet...... i finished my apprenticeship back in 2006. I got a letter from my employer and the other people saying that i have completed my course. But i think thats not good enough really.......\\

I am keeping asking the person who deals with my paper work and he keeps telling me he is doing his best to get them to me......I don't really know what to do..........

I am in Australia on Tourist visa now. can someone please know the best solutions. thanks

What about evidence from your colledge ( Hours, reports, certificates ect) they will be able to show your 900 hours. Write to the body for your trade with mine it was city & guilds & obtain your passed certificate.I am asuming your apprenticship was colledge based ( one day a week or block) If not you might have a harder job as with my entry it was very important i had all this in place. Some others could have other ways for you so dont give up.

Guest Gollywobbler

I am keep asking the person who deals with my paper work and he keeps telling me he is doing his best to get them to me......I don't really know what to do..........

Basically if it was possible i would love to stay in Au .....but might have to go to NEW zealand and get a working holiday visa first..........

Hi Asad

Where did you do your training, please? Did you study in Australia for the AQF III qualification or did you do your training in another country? If so, which country?

In order to get a positive skills assessment from TRA you would need to demonstrate that your training, formal qualifications and work experience comply with one of TRA's Pathways A, B, C or E. Those four Pathways all require the person to have been trained in specific ways and to have nationally recognised (in their own country) formal, paper qualifications to prove it.

TRA check the paper qualification by checking the Country Education Profile for the country which issued it:

Country Education Profiles

The TRA assessors also know quite a lot about the ways in which trade skills training programs work in different countries etc.

With regard to work experience, TRA refer to their Uniform Assessment Criteria, which can be accessed via the TRA website and downloaded from there:

http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/FA0FD1E1-8B74-4C11-AFBB-2C159890FF80/0/UniformAssessmentCriteriaSeptember2007.pdf

If you did your training in Australia and you are still waiting for the correct paperwork nearly 3 years later then you should consult a reputable Registered Migration Agent without delay. The problem with this idea is that A LOT of Registered Migration Agents are thoroughly disreputable and shonky and some are not registered at all, as the Minister for Immigration is now keenly aware. However George Lombard is completely honest, competent and reputable. If a mess has arisen in Australia then he can help to ensure that the correct procedures are followed.

Visa Info | George Lombard Consultancy Pty. Ltd.

If you can afford to live in Australia without working then you can afford to get a competent RMA to assist you.

If you trained in another country, George is in touch with a senior ex-TRA assessor called Roger Laws. Roger knows everything there is to know about the training of skilled tradesmen in different countries because he was doing the skills assessments, and then supervising TRA assessors, for many years before he retired from TRA in order to become an independent consultant assisting would be visa applicants.

However Roger will not act for you unless you would be eligible for a visa if Roger is able to get you a positive skills assessement. Roger would insist that you must consult George first and then George would refer you to Roger if your work experience would get you a visa.

Are you able to comply with the Recent work experience requirement described on Page 8 of Booklet 6?

Australian General Skilled Migration Booklet

Another way round the problem of missing certificates might be - might be, I am not sure - to investigate whether you could be assessed for the AQF III certificate in Australia, based on your existing experience in another country. I know that such an assessment can be done in Brisbane but you would have to prove that you have at least 4 years' work experience.

It may be possible to help you to solve the problem but it will not be possible to do so free of charge. Contacting George Lombard would be the first step.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi there, Thanks for replying.

I finished my apprenticeship in England after 3 years, which i have not received the certificates yet.

I have got a letter from the first company which i did my training with, to say that i have finished my training and waiting for my certificates.

And i also went to college for three years and have got the certificates city & guilds .

In total including my trainings I got 6 years of experience in Spraying vehicles.

I don't know if thats gonna be enough.....

once again i would like to thank you all for answering my questions...i would be pleased if you could do the same...

Does anyone know how much it would cost if i choose to go with George lambard agency?

• 1 year later...

Dear Mr. Lambard,

I am interested to know about the current trend of state sponsorship issue. My profession is cook (already TRA assessed and lodged 485 visa application before 1st JULY'2010).

I just came accross with your recent post about NSW Regional migratioin program - RSMS- 1st JULY'2010). Same as that do you know any state sponsoring 'cook' profession at this moment regardless regional or non regional?

Your few lines comment will be appreciated... Thanks.

Guest babboo

Dear Friends,

This seems to be the end of our dream to migrate as we received a letter from the immigration department that our application has been ceased... They have asked us to fill a form attached with the mail for the refund of our VAC...

Cheers

Dear Friends,

This seems to be the end of our dream to migrate as we received a letter from the immigration department that our application has been ceased... They have asked us to fill a form attached with the mail for the refund of our VAC...

Cheers

Hi Babboo,

This is really sad moment for you. And I am telling you that this movement of DIAC would be written in red letters in coming days. As this has been an exceptional act by DIAC to cease those people who are waiting since last 3 years and at last instead of giving them good reply they have ceased those people are equally or in some cases are more professional than those are applying today.

I would request you to please post you any more from here onwards....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jak2503
Hi Babboo,

This is really sad moment for you. And I am telling you that this movement of DIAC would be written in red letters in coming days. As this has been an exceptional act by DIAC to cease those people who are waiting since last 3 years and at last instead of giving them good reply they have ceased those people are equally or in some cases are more professional than those are applying today.

I would request you to please post you any more from here onwards....

how can someone be more professional than someone else?? a skill is a skill just in different areas.

how can someone be more professional than someone else?? a skill is a skill just in different areas.

Hey Jak,

I donot want to fall into any kind of verbal debates but by which means these people are less qualified that the people who are applying today...And moreover they can apply again after the ceasing( Surprise Surprise ).

One of them has the 8 band, then what is the criteria behind ceasing these applications.No one is cook and hairdresser...

Llist of unlucky applicants who got the notification regarding ceasing and refund of money..........

dasalcedo

Serial Number ----1

Date of application: 30 August 2007

IELTS: Listening: 5.5 Reading: 8.0 Writing: 5.5 Speaking: 6.5

Nationality: Colombian

Trade/profession: Architect

Visa type: 136 Skilled Independent.

CSL, MODL or SOL: MODL

Medicals submitted: Twice don't remember dates.

Police check submitted: Don't remember date.

Date CO assigned: No CO assigned.

Date visa granted: No visa granted so far.

Recieved the letter regarding Ceasing of application on dated 08-07-2010

__________________________________________________ ____________________

babboo

Serial Number---2

Date of Application: 27-Aug-2007

Nationality: Indian By Birth

IELTS : L 6.5, R 5.5, W 6, S 6

Trade/Profession: Education Officer

Visa Type: BQ 138

CSL, MODL or SOL:

Medicals submitted: Feb 2008

Police check submitted: Feb 2008

Date CO assigned: Not assigned

Date visa granted:

Got the letter about ceasing.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

electrical guy(Changed to State Sponsorship)

Serial Number---3

Date of application :31 august 2007

Nationality : Indian

Trade : electrician 4311-11

IELTS: s-7,l-6,r-6,w-5.5(av-6) minimum criteria was 5.5 each

Visa type : bn 137

csl/sol :sol

co assigned :december2008

medical/pcc demanded : feb2k9

state sponsorship granted : feb/2010

visa : waiting

Got the letter about ceasing on 09-07-2010

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

No Regrets

Serial NUmber 4

Date of application: 27 - June. 2007

Nationality: Egyptian

Trade/profession: Retail pharmacist

Visa type: skilled independent 136

CSL, MODL or SOL: MODL also CSL

Date CO assigned: 07 - 2008

Medicals submitted: 09/2008.

Got married, Hubby added on 7/2009

Date visa granted:Not yet(waiting)

IELTS : 8 ( 9,9,7,7)

Got the letter from department regarding money returned

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Apples

Serial Number - 5

Lodged the Application - August 22nd 2007

HR country applicant.: srilanka

NON CSL/NON MODL:SOL

Visa type: skilled independent visa subclass 136

IELTS : overall band 7

CO allocation –Jan 04th 2009

Job verification - Jan 9th 2009

CO Requested PCC,Medical,form 80

Visa grant : still waiting

Fees Refunded:Yes Got the letter from department on dated 07/07/2010.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Joana

Serial Number --6

Nationality: Romanian

Date of application 25 August 2007

Trade/proffesion: law degree, skill assessment_community worker,

visa type: 138 skilled sponsored

Case officer : dec 2008

medical checks submitted: 20 December 2008

IELTS - submitted twice

Police checks- submitted

Visa: no visa

Got the letter from department regarding money returned

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Mirelle

Serial Number : 7

Date of application: 20 August 2007

Nationality: Bosnia and Herzegovina

Trade/profession: General electrician

Visa type: Class BQ, Subclass 138 Skilled – Au Sponsored Visa

CSL, MODL or SOL: used to be on CSL, removed, MODL

TRA: March 2007

IELTS: March 2007, overall band 6

Date CO assigned: November 2008

Medicals submitted: December 2008, and additional X-ray check requested and submitted 11 May 2009.

Police check submitted: YES, December 2008

Job verification: December 2008

Spouse IELTS: March 2009, overall band 8

Fees Refunded:Yes Got the letter from department.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Bossfishy1

Serial NUmber : 8

Nationality: British

Trade/Profession: General Electrician with a formal apprenticeship and full British City & Guilds qualifications, plus at least 25 years of experience at the time of his visa application. DIAC were NOT suspicious of Bossfishy1 because he had obtained his skills assessment under Skilled Pathway D (I will explain that below.)

Visa Type: sc 136 originally but then he obtained State Sponsorship from QLD early in 2009. I don't know whether that means that his visa application morphed into an application for an sc 137 visa or some other subclass number.

Visa Application Submitted: August 2007, when Bossfishy1 was 44. He is now 48.

CSL/MODL: Was on the CSL from 1st Jan to 16th March 2009. Was always on the MODL until the abolition of the MODL on 8th Feb 2010.

TRA: 2007, before the closure of Skilled Pathway D but that was not relevant to Bossfishy1, whose TRA skills assessment was awarded under Skilled Pathway A.

IELTS: Not necessary because Bossfishy1 is British.

Dates CO Assigned: First CO - 2007/2008. Second CO - early 2009. Third CO - 2009/2010

Medicals: 2008 on request from the CO

Police checks: I don't know but I assume that they were requested and submitted.

Job Verification: Completed via an in-person visit to Australia House in London in Dec 2008.

Fees Refunded: He has received the DIAC refunds form for completion.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Ahmburak

Serial Number---9

Date of application: 23 - Aug. 2007

IELTS : R:7.5 L:6.5 W:6.5 S:6.5

Nationality: Turkish

Trade/profession: IT Manager

Visa type: 136bn

CSL, MODL or SOL: SOL

Medicals submitted:Feb 2008

Police check submitted: Feb 2008

Date CO assigned: Not assigned

Date visa granted:Not Yet (Probably never)

Got the notification letter on ceasing and refunding of VAC on dated 12/07/2010

__________________________________________________ ________________________

68Jose

Serial Number : 10

Date of application: 16 - August 2007

Nationality: Mexican

Trade/profession: Industrial Engineer

Visa type: skilled independent 136

Date CO assigned: not yet

Medicals submitted: not yet

Date visa granted:Not yet (waiting)confused.gif

IELTS : 7 ( 7.5,7.5,7.0,6.5)

Got the letter of notification regarding ceasing of application on dated 12-07-2010

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

andres96

Serial Number---11

Date of application: August 27 2007

Nationality: Colombian

IELTS: L: 6 R : 6.5 W : 5 S : 7

Trade/profession: IT

Visa type: 136

Medicals submitted: Not yet

Police check submitted: Not yet

Date CO assigned: Not yet

Date visa granted: .....Probably never....

Got the letter regarding notification of ceasing on 05/07/2010

Guest jak2503

not sure where you are going with this one, i dont make rules and i only meant your comment seemed a bit harsh, anyway gotta go bud the bbq is nearly ready.

Archived