AUSTRALIA'S intake of skilled migrants will be slashed by 18,500 .. (The new budget )

Guest 3zooz

Guest the dobbas
I suggest you consider carefully what you are saying before you post, as this comment is clearly ridiculous.

Best regards.

i am not going to argue but why do you think think these people would come on to pia and say they have been refused a pr visa when they havent?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest proud2beaussie
i am not going to argue but why do you think think these people would come on to pia and say they have been refused a pr visa when they havent?

I don't think anybody is disputing the fact that people have been refused PR visas,what is is dispute is the term "for no apparent reason" and what Alan is saying (Hope I'm not putting words in your mouth,Alan)is that if a visa is refused then a reason must be given,and it is not for anyone else to speculate as to what the reasons were.

If a visa is refused then the applicant is entitled to an explanation as to why it was refused and,from my understanding,although I have only limited knoweldge on the subject,I would expect if that reason was not given then the applicant would have open to them an avenue where they demand that informatiion and even appeal the decision.

!!!!wow!!!! handbags, we all leech advice off the people we are arguing with here. take a break have a coffee and simmer down. the news is a shock for us all. lets not fall out about it we are all in the same boat. It's only a nother wave to get over.

!!!!wow!!!! handbags, we all leech advice off the people we are arguing with here. take a break have a coffee and simmer down. the news is a shock for us all. lets not fall out about it we are all in the same boat. It's only a nother wave to get over.

I'm calm - no worries!

Best regards.

I don't think anybody is disputing the fact that people have been refused PR visas,what is is dispute is the term "for no apparent reason" and what Alan is saying (Hope I'm not putting words in your mouth,Alan)is that if a visa is refused then a reason must be given,and it is not for anyone else to speculate as to what the reasons were.

If a visa is refused then the applicant is entitled to an explanation as to why it was refused and,from my understanding,although I have only limited knoweldge on the subject,I would expect if that reason was not given then the applicant would have open to them an avenue where they demand that informatiion and even appeal the decision.

A refusal to grant a visa must be accompanied by a statement of reasons for the refusal.

Best regards.

Guest highlander

Thanks Everyone,

what does this mean for all of us who fall under REf & Air con Mechanic?

SAB, NewCastle:wideeyed:

I've been watching your comments all morning and for someone who is obviously not even here yet you sure like to sound as though you know what you are talking about.

There was no-one on the poms in adelaide forum you are referring to that had actually been turned down. They had "heard of others" being turned down, were asked to provide details, and still haven't done so. They were in effect, scaremongoring like you, repeating gossip. Alan Collett and other like him are well respected people with a huge amount of EXPERIENCE in his field - I would believe him over you any day of the week. Also the process is VERY clear on the immigration website if you bother to read it.

My personal opinion, still, is that people on that forum were getting the 475 Provisional visa mixed up with the 457 temporary visa. The requirements and outcomes for both these visas is very different. Your comments have strayed from the original post and are only going to confuse and upset people unnecessarily.

Guest highlander
What was your intended visa pathway?

Best regards.

Thanks Alan,

Finished 4 years Apprenticeship > now gathering information to apply for TRA & shall lodge under VISA 175:goofy:

Thanks Alan,

Finished 4 years Apprenticeship > now gathering information to apply for TRA & lodge under VISA 175:goofy:

The removal of some occupations from the CSL means that applicants with those occupations will take longer (dare I say much longer) to reach a visa decision.

I would therefore investigate the possibilities for securing sponsorship from a State or Territory Government to give your application the best prospects for a timely outcome.

I have had a quick look at my reference material and your occupation is being sponsored for a permanent subclass 176 visa by all except for NSW.

Best regards.

This news and 'if' it happens is no surprise. Australia like many other countries needs to sit back and breath and think abt its future before allowing more and more people to flood it.

It is not fair on the countries government to bring people to a country and then not have work for them, I know for many people they only see an escape from another country to Australia but unfortunately at this present time Australia is not in a great employment state and believe me if you were to get here and then not be able to get any work you would be very bitter and disappointed that you were bought here under false pretences.

I do think the state sponsorships are a better idea as people should go where the work is rather than just choose anywhere, as this is not benefitting Australia or the migrant.

We are here in Queensland at the moment and work is very hard to come by, the oh is refrigeration/air-con engineer he has managed to secure a job, but they are hard to come by at the moment.

Good luck to everyone, keep the vision and keep the dream just

slowly slowly catch the monkey:smile:

Guest andrew_obrien

Hi all i am on 475 to SA state Sponsorship which i think is a good idea as i am going where work is supposed to be. But i do feel sorry for the people who's jobs are no longer on the list. I am one of the lucky ones who has had there state sponsorship approved and has no house to sell but has just been saving like crazy for the past 12 months to go.

I personally think that some people may be taking this all out of proportion we should all wait to hear from DIAC and the acutal figures for each type of visa's that are to be approved because if 80% of them are 475 etc.. and only 20% perm visa's then its time to get worried but come on lets all wait and see what happens first.

Guest janagaraja

Wt about IT Profesionals and state sponsored appicants?

hi dawn

it says the changes are to be introduced over the 3 months untill may then the new quota comes out for next year which hints that immigration will be slashed. so to answer your question as there is only three months left and it has been cut by18500 i think all remaining places will go to the health sector.

dobba

Guest proud2beaussie
Wt about IT Profesionals and state sponsored appicants?

The press release says -

"

Removing building and manufacturing trades from the Critical Skills List, such as bricklayers, plumbers, welders, carpenters and metal fitters. The list will now comprise mainly health and medical, engineering and IT professions

OK its 4.30 am and I cannot sleep through worry and my eyes are a bit tired but where exactly in that thread does it say this????????

Hi Que sera sera

Its near the bottom on page1 and says..

"Actually if I accept what the ABC news and current affairs programs are saying it could be quite a serious amendment to the CSL, still not clear if immediate or forward in impact. If they're correct (and normally they are) then the removals - still to be announced - will include electricians and toolmakers and most industrial and building trades."

I am also well and truly sick to the stomach....:confused:

Once again, having an occupation on the CSL does not impact on your ability to be granted a visa - under the general skilled program there is no requirement to have an occupation on the CSL, nor are there points available for having a CSL occupation.

Having a CSL occupation merely means that your skilled visa application should be processed by DIAC more quickly.

In other words, not having a CSL occupation (or having your occupation removed from the CSL) means the processing time will be longer than applicants who DO have an occupation on the CSL.

To push your application back up the processing pecking order you should consider sponsorship from a State or Territory Government.

Best regards.

Hi Alan

Yes we did consider this as my profession was recently added to the Qsld state sponsorship amended list...

But took advice and decided to stick with visa as movement had occured on CSL applicants...

We applied some 7 months ago, thought hey cant be too long now....

How wrong could we have been..:confused:

Archived