Guest australia4us

motorbike shipping

Guest australia4us

can anyone tell me how hard it is to ship my bike over and where to start

can anyone tell me how hard it is to ship my bike over and where to start

Unfortunately I cant help with the full ins & outs, but here are a couple of links that might be worth looking at with stack of info:

The Motorbike Thread : British Expat Discussion Forum

She's finally here...(almost) - The Yamaha Road Star Warrior Forum

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/35445-motorbike-query.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport/43796-cost-importing-motorbike.html

The last is probably the best.

If the bike isnt modded too much, its worth looking into. A friend brough a self built chopper in and took nearly 12 months to get it on the road legally, another came from Costa rica, but because he was able to hook up with owners of the same bike, he borrowed various parts for the roadworthy, and got on the road in about 4-6 weeks (second link)

Bikes are quite expensive here, but you need to factor shipping, shipping insurance, roadworthy, VIV (if needed) etc. If the bike isnt that expensive, it probably isnt worth the hassle or the saving.

:wink:

Burke Bros have just announced a tailor made service for shipping bikes so i would be contacting them for advice and prices, their web address is www.burkebros.co.uk

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...