donovandenese

CPV - Stat Dec - HELP

My dad is about to apply for his CPV. He is separated form his spouse so needs to submit a statutory declaraion regarding this separation with his application. Can anyone confirm what information needs to included in this stat dec? Does this need to be set out in any particular format to qualify as a stat dec?

thanks

Guest JoanneHattersley

seperated this from the other thread so that it doesnt get lost in all the replies!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi D&D

If Dad is in the UK or otherwise not in Australia, please use the following template.

I, JOHN LESLIE SMITH of 23 Pill Street, Bloggsville, Wussex do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:

AND I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835.

JOHN LESLIE SMITH ………………………………………………………………

Declared At ……………………………………………………………..

……………………………………………………………..

This day of 2009

Before me ……………………………………………………………..

………………………………………………………………

Solicitor/Commissioner for Oaths

As long as the boiler plate wording goes in and you allow enough space for large, scrawled signatures etc, Dad should simply explain whatever needs to be explained in his own words. Declare it in front of a solicitor for simplicity. The going rate to administer a Stat Dec is £5 in cash on the day.

If Dad is visiting Australia at present then I would use an Australian Stat Dec and Declare it in accordance with Aussie Law, in which case:

http://www.ag.gov.au/www/agd/agd.nsf/Page/Statutory_declaration

A much wider range of people can deal with a Stat Dec in Oz subject to the strict proviso that it is illegal to seek payment for assisting with a Stat Dec if one is in Oz.

Best wishes

Gill