Living in Ellenbrook, is it a good place to live?.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi everyone,

i have a chance of a job in Wooroloo which is about 45km in land from Perth. i have been looking at house prices in Ellenbrook and the close surrounding areas, but i know very little about the place. Does anyone know what it is like, for crime, are there any good high schools, is there plenty of things to do, good shopping centres etc. i would appreciate it if anyone could give me any help and just how far is Wooroloo from Ellenbrook and how long would the journey take by car. cheers for any information, jim & helen. 175 visa lodged 10/3/09

Hi everyone,

i have a chance of a job in Wooroloo which is about 45km in land from Perth. i have been looking at house prices in Ellenbrook and the close surrounding areas, but i know very little about the place. Does anyone know what it is like, for crime, are there any good high schools, is there plenty of things to do, good shopping centres etc. i would appreciate it if anyone could give me any help and just how far is Wooroloo from Ellenbrook and how long would the journey take by car. cheers for any information, jim & helen. 175 visa lodged 10/3/09

Hi

We have friends who live at Jane Brook which is nearer than Ellenbrook to wooly nearer to the city and shopping etc Midland gate ,dont know about schools , its a bit nearer for the metro area but still in the hills ,its in the middle of the swan valley with the wineries etc its about 30 ks from wooly and not too far from perth or shopping areas .Its an established area

Mally

Hi Helen

One of the forum members lives in The Vines and has just bought a house in Ellenbrook. Her user name is 'twinsmum'.

She ususally comes in the chat room at night about 9.30/10.00. Keep an eye out for her and pop into chat. Or she may just see this post and reply!

Good luck

Sue x

We live in Ellenbrook and like it here because it is a clean, friendly place where everything is new, modern and chrisp!

The schools a apparently very good (we don't have kids) and the house prices here are quite cheep compaired to nearer the coast.

Its an area ever expanding and the new shopping Centre is planned to double in size to currently.

I hope this helps!

David

Guest australia4us

stayed at the vines and loved ellenbrook we are looking around that area although north its easy commute to perth

Guest Verina An Dave

Hi we live in Ellenbrook, its nice and quite and very clean, but transport is not so good. We are about half an hour from Hilarys. There are a few shops with more on the way soon. Our daughter is 17 and there is not much going on for her, but you could say that about most places! All in all we like it.

Hi everyone,

Hi Helen,

I am currently in The Vines, but have put an offer in a house in Ellenbrook (Charlottes Vineyard). I have twin girls who are 15 and go to Ellenbrook Secondary College. My girls are very happy there. We previously lived in Clarkson for about 5 weeks and looked into the school there... the girls hated that school, so we didn't even register.

As far as shops go, we have The Shops at Ellenbrook which comprises of a Woolworths, Best for Less, ANZ bank, surf shop, vacume store, newsagents, and 3 womens clothes shops, as well as a barber and a hairdressers. Phase 2 is supposed to start this year, with the addition of a 2nd supermarket and some additonal stores. If you want big shopping, I usually go into Midland (Midland Gate), which is about 20 mins away or Morley (Centro Galleria) which is about 30 mins away.

There is a huge library in Ellenbrook (the school shares it), a new splash pad area is being built, along with a state swimming school.

As most people say, public transport is poor out in our area... if you need the train, you have to travel either to Midland or Guillford.

We like the area we live in and don't mind travelling for the shopping, both my husband and I work close to Ellenbrook and only have about a 15 min drive each to work.

There are some areas of Ellenbrook that are less desirable. The most desirable part of Ellenbrook is Woodlake Rise, then there is Charlotte's Vineyard and the Bridges. Woodlake is the oldest part of the area. Coolamon is a new area, however, there are more homeswest in that area.

Aveley, is another area to look at. Right next to Ellenbrook on the other side of Henley Brook Drive. It is an up and coming area, and in a few years will have cinemas, a small shopping centre as well.

Hope that helps, if you need more info on the high school, please feel free to PM me.

Cheers

Karen

Guest australia4us

hi twins remember me have you shopped at westfields on the way to hillarys its a nice big shopping centre hope to keep in touch cause we r coming end of year cheers sean

hi twins remember me have you shopped at westfields on the way to hillarys its a nice big shopping centre hope to keep in touch cause we r coming end of year cheers sean

its 30 + km from the vines , midland gate is in the swan valley or lakeside joondalup

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your replies, Ellenbrook sounds like a lovely place to live and when we get out there we will look into renting there. If anyone knows anymore about the secondary schools, or perceived crime in Ellenbrook, any info would be appreciated. Again thanks to everyone, helen & jim.

• 6 years later...

Hello ,I know the thread is ol, but did you end up in ellenbrook, and find out about the senior schools, iam looking at the area to possible move to when we come over, suppose it is built up more since the thread was made

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your replies, Ellenbrook sounds like a lovely place to live and when we get out there we will look into renting there. If anyone knows anymore about the secondary schools, or perceived crime in Ellenbrook, any info would be appreciated. Again thanks to everyone, helen & jim.

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone,

Look ok at Averley .

Hello ,I know the thread is ol, but did you end up in ellenbrook, and find out about the senior schools, iam looking at the area to possible move to when we come over, suppose it is built up more since the thread was made

Ellenbrook has exploded and continues to do so. They are close to completing all stages, but there is more building in aveley, and in surrounding areas. A train line was promised but not delivered.

Archived