register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest gemma and dean

Hi major stress info needed

Guest gemma and dean

We are at the begining just started online vetassess and starting to organise all paper work,i have not posted many threads but have read many and hope someone can help. My oldest son is not my husbands and we have reshearched that we need a statory declaration from his biological father. we have had no contact with him since my son was five months old, i no where he lives and was going to make contact and ask for the stat dec i thought that as he has had no intrest he would just sign and be done with it, but sods law he has bumped into a friend of mine and now is asking about contact. im not sure excatlly what he wants i have emailed him and had no reply,but im now worried because he seems intrested after 7 yrs that he is going to refuse to do the stat dec.What can i do if he does refuse as it seems so unfare after 7yrs he could come and mess our whole future up. Also my son does not no about him as he was so young when we split he only nos my husband as his dad and allthough we will tell him he is still a bit young to understand.:arghh:

hi not sure where you would stand as im suspecting you where never married and the age of your son means he wont have parental responsabiltie. The only thing i can advise is go ask him for stat declration he may suprise you and give it to you. My ex did with my eldest. If not then i would presume you will have to go court. Try first if not then seek legal advice.

Rachael

TRA 28/07/08, 175 online MODL 14/11/08 , meds 23/12/08, meds finalized 28/01/09, pc sent 02/02/09, form 1022 sent 02/02/09, taken off csl, wa ss applied 20/03/09, wa ss approved 16/04/09, co 11/05/09, visa granted 12/05/09, fly to Perth 02/08/09

Guest Donna Brotherton

Hi this is my first attempt at this, i was in the same situation as you sort of, my daughters father and i split up when i was pregnant, he did sign the minuite of aggreement, but if he hadnt, i think it would have had to go to a court, this is because his name was on the birth certificate, stay with a solicitor, he has not been an active father so it all goes in your faviour, it may be easier to say you have no idea where he is and there will be some clause for this , youe solicitor will keep you advised, x Donna, im still in sunny Scotland waiting to go to Brisbane before the end of the yr x:yes:

We are at the begining just started online vetassess and starting to organise all paper work,i have not posted many threads but have read many and hope someone can help. My oldest son is not my husbands and we have reshearched that we need a statory declaration from his biological father. we have had no contact with him since my son was five months old, i no where he lives and was going to make contact and ask for the stat dec i thought that as he has had no intrest he would just sign and be done with it, but sods law he has bumped into a friend of mine and now is asking about contact. im not sure excatlly what he wants i have emailed him and had no reply,but im now worried because he seems intrested after 7 yrs that he is going to refuse to do the stat dec.What can i do if he does refuse as it seems so unfare after 7yrs he could come and mess our whole future up. Also my son does not no about him as he was so young when we split he only nos my husband as his dad and allthough we will tell him he is still a bit young to understand.:arghh:

Guest gemma and dean

Thanks for your replies i have meet up with him tonight for the first time in 7 yrs, he didnt seem to keen to give in but, said he will go away and think about it and let me no in a couple of days,

so all i can do is keep my fingers crossed

Gem

Hope you get the result you want, i had to go to court to get consent from my ex-husband it is a worry, but i'm sure you will be fine

Tania X

Is looking forward to the future and all what it holds:biggrin: