how long before a person is classed as qualified to make a judgment about australia

Guest kazmatt

how long before a person is qualified to make a judgement on australia??  

27 members have voted

1. 1. how long before a person is qualified to make a judgement on australia??

• as soon as they arrive??
    • after 1 year
    • after 2 years
    • longer than five years.

Guest earlswood
I've said as soon as they arrive, to me 'judgement' is opinion and everyone is entitled to one. So long as it's qualified.

I've been here 4 months and I feel my opinions are valid and my experiences might even help people as will yours.

Jules

I would say by your posts that you are more qualified to post an opinion jules after 4 months as some of the people on here who have been in Oz for years, you tell it 100% I have noticed you tell it exactly as you see it and are not swayed by the bullies who try and make you think differently , post 24.

Guest 0405delboy
I've said as soon as they arrive, to me 'judgement' is opinion and everyone is enti tled to one. So long as it's qualified.

I've been here 4 months and I feel my opinions are valid and my experiences might even help people as will yours.

Jules

Youre right! God, I lived in Adelaide for way too long and tried Cairns. Well couldnt give a rats arse about anyone else but I couldnt stand the place. Was there five minutes and got stuff stolen and got in trouble with the law and attacked by insects. Was a nightmare. Sydney was better but it works both ways. Im not in love with Australia but would rather be in little old Adelaide than the other states Ive been to. Its the same situation.:jimlad:

Guest kazmatt

it seems that most then rekon about a year before you would be qualified, so how long before a person would be qualified to become a relocation agent??? still a year or do you rekon a person would need more experience of the country, knowing areas e.t.c, just wondering peoples views on this??????

Guest JoanneHattersley

Its not being qualified to make A judgement. Its being qualified to make "YOUR" judgement. I think you are qualified to do that immediatly!

Youre right! God, I lived in Adelaide for way too long and tried Cairns. Well couldnt give a rats arse about anyone else but I couldnt stand the place. Was there five minutes and got stuff stolen and got in trouble with the law and attacked by insects.

stuff stolen surely it cant be an aussie haha just cant trust anyone these days or maybe just aussies:laugh:

it seems that most then rekon about a year before you would be qualified, so how long before a person would be qualified to become a relocation agent??? still a year or do you rekon a person would need more experience of the country, knowing areas e.t.c, just wondering peoples views on this??????

I reckon it depends on what services they are offering but I lived in Scotland 6 years and wouldn't have felt qualified to do that.

I would say by your posts that you are more qualified to post an opinion jules after 4 months as some of the people on here who have been in Oz for years, you tell it 100% I have noticed you tell it exactly as you see it and are not swayed by the bullies who try and make you think differently , post 24.

Just noticed this, thanks Earlswood I but I didn't take any offence to post 24. I did post a reply but it disappeared in the ether(net) - poor IT joke sorry and couldn't be bothered doing it again.

My use of the word 'qualified' was confusing, I didn't mean qualified to judge, I meant qualify your comments - put them in context - I reckon it's okay to post your 'judgement' on Oz so long as you're clear what length & depth of experience you have to back that up.

People know what they like and it doesn't take a year to know somewhere is totally wrong for you, when I moved from Newcastle to a village in Kent at 21, one pub and a chippy that closed at 10pm and I didn't drive it was wrong from the start. I didn't need to stay a year to be sure I hated it! I stayed 4 in the end and my Day 1 judgement remained true :arghh:

I'd probably say it takes longer to know for sure you love it & I guess Yorkshire Pom was right I might hate Perth come winter - I remember him commenting before when I said who needed TV that I would in the winter. In my reply that disappeared I said I felt it was perfectly valid for me to comment on the things like shopping, school enrolement, finding a rental etc. that don't change.

A fault we almost all have though is to judge Australia on the small places we've been - who knows there might have been a million and one places you'd have loved! But I'm as guilty as everyone of that one.

But you have to credit the readers of posts with some intelligence, you can't take what you read on here as fact - even the 'facts', migration rules etc. people get wrong. Jeez if I'd believed what you said about Perth I wouldn't be here......there's a great line in a manics song...this is my truth tell me yours..... both our opinions (& everyone elses) are equally valid.That's why despite efforts I can't keep away from the site, it's fascinating!

I was on-line with a friend in London & trying to persuade him to give it a shot here before he's too old & he said he loves London too much. I hated London with a vegenence (rather like the people that hate Oz - not you personally but those that generalise their dislike to every single thing) and I had to admit that whilst objectively London wasn't 'the best place of earth' is was his 'best place on earth' and maybe I've found mine! But I guess according to this poll I better wait a few months before declaring that!

Thanks again for your support and kind words, I'm just a straight talking northern lass and so is yorkshire pom (okay not a lass!) and I see him as one of my 'friends' on here.

You too of couse!

Jules

Archived