Guest Mogey1

461 visa for non-eligible NZ citizen

Guest Mogey1

Hi all

I am hoping someone can help us. We have received so much conflicting information about the 461 visa that I wanted to see if anyone in my situation has been successful in getting one of these visa's.

I'm a New Zealand citizen and my husband is British. I haven't lived in Oz prior to 2001 and therefor am a "non-eligible" New Zealand citizen (as I understand it).

I want to clarify that we can apply for this visa, as it is for "non-eligible" citizens. If anyone can shed some light on this or offer any advise I would be so grateful.

Would be interested also in if the visa is granted, how long do you have before you need to go to Oz to activate it?

Thanks

Yes, what you are saying is correct.

If you would like to discuss a subclass 461 visa application feel able to telephone our office in Southampton on 023 80 30 25 25, and to ask for my colleague John Sylvester. We have assisted with a few applications for visas under this subclass.

Best regards.

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Guest Mogey1

Thanks Alan

Appreciate your reply and will no doubt be in touch in the near future.

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi and welcome003.gif to PomsinOz!!!

Dan xx :cute:

Guest Lanabanana

Heya

Not sure if you still need help with this query, but I was searching for something

else and saw your question so thought I would pop in and answer it.

I am a NZ citizen by birth and like you, my partner is a British citizen. He is also a Permanent NZ resident but not a NZ citizen.

I came to Australia for the first time in February this year for 4 weeks on my own to start a job. While I was gone, my partner applied for the 461 Visa and he then joined me 4 weeks later on an E-visa (visitors) until his Visa was approved.

Once his Visa was approved he had to leave Australia to collect it and return to Australia to activate it (this is because he applied for it in NZ). The Visa was supposed to be approved but there was a delay which if we had of predicted, we would have applied for the 461 in Oz saving ourselves the return flight fee.

I think after applying for the 461, you have 3 months to get into Oz to activate it - but I am not sure.

If your query is still open and you have any more questions about the process, let me know. I am more than happy to help as my partner and I have just been through the same process.

Guest Lanabanana

Also, my partner and I are a de facto couple with one child - not married.

If that helps lol

Guest Mogey1

Hiya

Thanks for replying. We haven't started the process yet, but I do have a few questions.

- Did you need to get a full medical & xray's?

- Did your partner need a job offer to apply for visa?

- Did you have any difficulty in putting all the paperwork together?

I appreciate your response.

Pam

Guest Lanabanana
Hiya

Thanks for replying. We haven't started the process yet, but I do have a few questions.

- Did you need to get a full medical & xray's?

- Did your partner need a job offer to apply for visa?

- Did you have any difficulty in putting all the paperwork together?

I appreciate your response.

Pam

Hi Pam

In answer to your questions, yes, my partner got a full medical and x-rays.

No he did not need a job offer to apply for the visa as they are applying as the partner of someone who can move there, i.e. NZ Cit.

The paperwork was easy, but then, we went through a similar process getting his residency in NZ so we know what they expect. Your partner will need medicals, a police check in the country he is residing in currently. It is also a good idea to provide evidence of your relationship though if you are married, a marraige cert is probably sufficient. We included things like xmas cards addressed to both of us, letters from his mum address to us, also a couple of photos (which, now I think about it, we didnt get back LOL).

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but my partner did most of the leg work so I will check up with him and then post anything else later.

Again, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Al

Guest burnsiea

hi there,

I just seen your previous posts. I am currently waiting on my 461 visa to be approved, can you let me know how long it took you to hear back from them?

Also did you work at all while you waited for it to come through?

any ideas on how I can get these visa hurried up? I submitted it on 1st July and not heard anything. everytime I ring they say 'its a 6 month processing time.

Any advice would be much appreciated.