corned beef onion and potatoe pie mmmm

Guest snow white

Guest snow white

hi all,

made a corned beef onion and potatoe pie today well made two took one to my friend for their tea as shes unwell at the moment the other one lasted less than an hour after coming out the oven the smell made me think of uk and my mams good old northern cooking just wondered what is it that would remind you of uk or home??

lesley x

Guest snow white

where is your dog is it still in uk we have a chocolate labrador for sale shes in papers this week 6 months old , as for the pie the kids demolished it in record time havent made one in ages but it went down well dont know what the ozzies would make of it though lol

lesley x

Guest smc01

I miss my dog as well!! Can't wait till I see her again - 8 more weeks and counting......

Other than that for some strange reason I find crappy songs from Aus artists get me homesick, for example I really dislike Delta Goodrem but everytime I hear her over here it makes me miss home so much! Probably because every second song on the radio in Aus is her!!

Guest snow white
I miss my dog as well!! Can't wait till I see her again - 8 more weeks and counting......

Other than that for some strange reason I find crappy songs from Aus artists get me homesick, for example I really dislike Delta Goodrem but everytime I hear her over here it makes me miss home so much! Probably because every second song on the radio in Aus is her!!

agh bet your dog has missed you just as much , as for delta goodrem she definitely doesnt make me think of home lol

lesley x

Guest smc01
agh bet your dog has missed you just as much , as for delta goodrem she definitely doesnt make me think of home lol

lesley x

I think it's harder with dogs because you can't call them and tell them you miss them!!

I keep imagining seeing her face and how excited she will be when I see her again, apparently after I left she kept going into my room and just lying on my bed looking sad - you really realise how much you need an animal in your life when you don't have one for a while!

And as for the Delta Goodrem thing - it started when I was sitting alone in a restaurant in Bangkok and they played one of her songs and I started crying! Even though I hated the damn song, just reminded me of home so much! :wub:

hi, i made my Bacon and potatoe bake last week, very simple .....Slices of thin pototoe (raw) layer of sliced onions , layer of bacon, potatoes onions , bacon till top of dish, finish with layer of potatoes brush with melted butter, two table spoon water over the top, put in oven about 150 for couple of hrs with tin fiol on top, last 20minss remove to crip potatoes and serve YUMMY DONT FOR GET THE HP SAUCE (GREASE THE DISH FIRST WITH BUTTER) AND CHEAP TO MAKE

Guest snow white

mmm sounds very nice indeed migiht try that one made quiches yesterday cheese onion mushroom and bacon they were nice too you just have to be in the mood to bake something your missing and it tastes bloody lovely when you do

lesley x

where is your dog is it still in uk we have a chocolate labrador for sale shes in papers this week 6 months old , as for the pie the kids demolished it in record time havent made one in ages but it went down well dont know what the ozzies would make of it though lol

lesley x

Yep he's still in the uk, lives with my mother, she reckons hes still pineing for me, daft little git.

I'd have that choc lab off you in a shot but really i'm waiting till i buy somewhere before i have another dog.

Guest snow white
Yep he's still in the uk, lives with my mother, she reckons hes still pineing for me, daft little git.

I'd have that choc lab off you in a shot but really i'm waiting till i buy somewhere before i have another dog.

agh bless, shes gorgeous just needs loads time and loving and space i want to get her a new home asap

lesley x

Guest snow white
You guys are making me so hungry!!!!

lol i do miss good old traditional recipes i must admit

lesley xx

Archived