You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

tazbear

Internet providers in wa ???????

Help please we are in Perth and moving into a long term rental on Tuesday and we need the internet and a telephone package any advise on the best providers would be great as im well lost off when I try to find a decent deal .Any advise would be great because I dont want to be tied to a rubbish provider for 12 months

Thanks in advance Julia :hug:

Guest Tim

I would go for iinet just because I like them and have had no troubles.

Guest prettyinpink

We chose virgin because we used them in the UK and never had any issues with them. However, we had nothing but issues with them over here - I would not recommend them.

We researched other providers but it all came down to Telstra. Although the package is ok, the customer service is bobbins......having said that I reckon customer service is pretty poor over the phone here with most companies. Some other main companies we looked into didn't cover our area or wanted to tie mobile phones into the package, which didn't suit us.

The speed is pretty poor for broadband. The guy on the phone told us how much speed we'd be getting for our broadband, telling us how quick it was. I didn't have the heart to tell him we'd been using 20 times that in the UK lol.

Good luck on your hunt xx

Guest 5x4_inches

Good luck with your search Tazbear, the hunt for a decent internet & phone package is a painful and drawn out one - they never show all of the hidden costs in their advertising and it is always a long time between placing your order and the service being installed. Having said that, we went with Internode because they got a good overall recommendations from users on the web forums we read, and have been very happy with the service since. We did have to wait 5 weeks for it to become live however, but that appears to be how long it takes for someone from Optus or Telstra to turn up and check your phone line! Ah well, WA does stand for 'wait awhile' after all...!

Guest John Sydney

Got to whirlpool.com.au they have a listing of every plan available in your area