UK - ozzie skills assessments to gain their qualifications

Guest Midlanders

Guest Midlanders

Hi All

Can I have your thoughts on whether it would benefit my oh taking on taking/gaining an ozzie skills qualification via the trades assessment team whilst we are in the uk even though I understand they can cost around 1.5 - 3k

My OH did an 4 year carpentry apprentership and went to college on day release for 2 years many moons ago even before NVQ's and City and Guilds really came into affect in the uk. If you have ever heard of NWRAV qualification you know what he is on about. lol

He has however passed this Vetessee document stage even though he could not find his certificate or Centra ( regulary authority ) finding him a copy of it either. So old lol...... He is now waiting for his Vetessee skills test in april in acrington.

have you or do you think its worthwhile in gaining one of their qualifications before arriving, especially seeing some states are really regualated in trade licences and you have to go to college once there to prove your skill and plus there is a strong chance that he wouldnt get a skilled persons rate if he found work for quite some time as again he would have to prove his skill with them. ( what a load of crap for tradesmen, especially as he been doing the job now for 24yrs and run his own business over the last 15yrs and had his work shown in 25 beautiful homes magazine and in the sunday mail).

Can I have you thoughts even this, even if you are here in the uk or are in already in oz and your experiences of gaining employment and the hurdles you jumped through to gain your carpentry licences as he would like to go self employed as soon as he can after arriving.

Cheers

Judy & Darren

Guest wiggly

I might be wrong but if he has his assessment, like my OH has in a few weeks, if he passes he gets an Australian qualification (AQF 3) so u should be fine on that front

Guest Midlanders

Hi

Looking at some of the threats that have been posted, the vetasses skills tests mean nothing in oz.....

Still confused lol

Hi

Looking at some of the threats that have been posted, the vetasses skills tests mean nothing in oz.....

Still confused lol

thats right, i was talking to someone the other week who deals out the qualification cards and does the training, ( like they do in our colleges ) and he hadn't really heard of vettasses and said it meant nothing over there !!!!!!!!!!! :arghh:

so the vettasses is just another waste of £1000 in my eyes

Archived